Three

Thirty Seconds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

And so it begins.

 

Chaeyoung comes in with a bulky backpack that surprises Dahyun and Tzuyu; she isn't a studious kid by all means so they're sure whatever is inside that bag —it ain't books.

She massaged her shoulders after dropping her huge bag. That sure is heavy. She just mostly leave her books under her desk, to save space for her sketchpad and her film camera. She used to spend her free time at random places, drawing or taking pictures of the mundane life around her —but not anymore. The upcoming days will not be as boring like before, because of Mina. Her senses are telling her that she is special, and Chaeyoung is ready to spend this school year finding out exactly why.

"Dubu yo my bro~", She called as soon as the bell rang, signaling the end of their first period.

"Something's telling me that you're about to ask a huge favor, Son.", Dahyun replied as she rearrange her notebooks, preparing for their next subject.

"Brooo! That's not true... it's not that huge.", Chaeyoung defends.

"So there is a favor?", there's really no escaping Eagle Kim and her questions.

"Well... yes. But I promise it won't cause us trouble!", she replied while doing the scout's honor sign. Dahyun isn't really buying it. But listens anyway.

"What is it then?", she finally responds

"Can I borrow your locker? You're not using it right?", Chaeyoung quickly retorts. 

"Why? Does it have something to do with the bag?". Come up with an excuse, come up with an excuse!

"Yeah. I brought some extra bottles with me. I'm thinking maybe I can store them in your locker y'know... for emergency?". Great, you're a freaking genius Son Chaeyoung. .

Dahyun is just looking at her, blankly, trying to find something. Chaeng gulped, she knows she's not a good liar. That's why she prefers to speak when it's only needed. Her speech fails her defenses, and now feels like she's out in the open. So much for the grand plan she devised.

"Fine. I'll get the keys later.", Dahyun spoke. Chaeyoung felt her knees wobble. She made it. Step 1: checked. "Go back to your seat now, Ms. Oh will come soon."

"Alright! Thanks, Dubs! You're the best!", Chaeng is grinning widely. Everything is looking up so far.

But what she will learn one thing soon: She ain't as slick as she thinks.

...

 

So this is really the start. This should last me for a week, hopefully by then I already have the information I need. I just have to make the timing perfect. And move fast. God I really need to exercise.

Chaeng is shoving the contents of her bag inside her —Dahyun's locker. So far events are going smooth. She's got the plan all thought out —Operation: Unravel Myoui. And no this isn't stalking. She's just curious. Yeah.

  - Stock up her supply of Red Bulls
  - Sneak into the Student Council room or the faculty room to find her class details.
  - And stalk —look into Mina's daily life as a student.

And did it occur to our girl that she can just gut up and speak to Mina like normal people would? Of course it has. But she won't do that. Speaking isn't her thing; and that's another term for "she's afraid to even say a word to her because she'll more likely struggle in finishing one sentence without making a fool of herself.". Her social skills are not top-notch, you see. She can only comfortably talk to three people in her school. And she's into conserving her energy, and speaking apparently consume extra ATPs so that's a no-go. And she'll get there, she hopes, speaking with Mina casually —when her friends stop being afraid of their seniors.

"So what, you're an Adrenaline junkie now?", Chaeng almost climbed to the top of the lockers with shock. This is what excessive Red Bulls do. Dri

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter