Two

Thirty Seconds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hello everyone, I'm  Myoui Mina. It's nice to meet you all."

 

 

Jeongyeon almost hid under the desk with how loud the cheers were for the new comer. She gets it, she's very pretty after all. Standing 5'4" with fair skin and just an overall feel of exquisiteness surrounding her, you'll be whipped. She doesn't seem to mind, she's not bashful nor proud. While everyone is moving fast with their heads turning left and right, babbling —she remains still. Looking straight ahead. She is both here and not. Like Schrödinger's cat but the non-fatal goddess version.

Mr. Jang cleared his throat to get everyone's attention, it didn't work. So he slammed his table with the book he's holding. Everyone went mute. Some flinched, but not Mina. She's still standing as straight as she has been for the past seven minutes.

Jesus, that must've hurt a lot by now., Jeongyeon reiterated.

"Erm... Myoui, go can sit to that vacant desk beside Yoo. And have her to tour you around the school. Go now, I'll be discussing your syllabus for this term.", Mr. Jang pointed to Jeongyeon who became wide-eyed with her newly assigned task.

"W-What?", She replied hastily while standing up.

Mr. Jang looked back at them as Mina makes her way to her spot. "You heard me, tour Myoui around the school by lunch. She's new, help her out."

Jeongyeon retreated back to her seat, visibly conflicted. She already made a promise with Dahyun, Chaeyoung and Tzuyu, a.k.a. her "youngsters", that she'll join them for lunch. She was about to take out her phone to text the three that can't go when a folded green sticky-note landed on her desk. Inside it is a note written in perfect Hangul:

Don't worry about the tour. I have friends who can show me around. -Mina

Jeongyeon looked at Mina. She's smiling at her while pointing at two people: Minatozaki Sana and Hirai Momo —who's also grinning at her. She bowed apologetically before scribbling a reply:

Sorry if I looked unwilling. It's just that I have plans for lunch. I'll make it up to you! Welcome to our school! -Jeongyeon

She handed the note back to Mina, who read the note and gave her another gummy smile. She reached out her hand to Jeongyeon ;

"Nice to meet you, Jeongyeon-ssi. I hope we can be friends."

And she can't help but smile back, this girl is kind. She returned the handshake enthusiastically.

"Sure, let's be friends!"

 

...

 

The bell rang for the 4th time. It's lunch.

Sana bounced off her desk and flew to Mina, hugging her tight while throwing a fit of giggles, with Momo trailing behind her carrying a large bento box.

"Mitaaaaang! You're really here now! I'm so happy!"

"And even made a new friend at your first day! I'm proud of you.", Momo said while ruffling Mina's hair.

"Thank you! I missed both of you so much, it has been two years.", Mina replied.

"Aww! We missed you too~", Sana answered, showering Mina with cheek kisses.

"Oh! Hi Jeongyeonie~ We're classmates again!"

"Yeah, I don't even know how I got into class A hahahaha!", Jeongyeon replied back.

"You're lucky again this year, Mina is very smart. And she'll let you copy her homework.", Momo retorts, smiling at Mina.

"Whoa, I'll keep that in mind! I'll have to go now, Dahyun and the others are waiting for me. Oh, wanna join us?", she offered.

Mina smiled widely at the idea but the other two swiftly raised their arms together to form an "X", that baffled her.

"I'd love to Jeong, but Tzutzu will just glare at me the whole time. I really don't get why she's so annoyed at me. Did I do something?", Sana asked.

"You flirt with her like there's no tomorrow, Sana.", Momo interjects.

"I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter