Four

Thirty Seconds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

So far, so good... or not?

 

Chaeyoung, in pursuit of knowing what goes on in a certain stranger's life —namely Myoui Mina, has been taking some side-effects that has been alarming the people around her. A month has passed since Operation: Unravel Myoui commenced. A few useful information has been gathered that Chaeyoung has been scribbling on her sketchpad for safe keeping. So what are the things she discovered?

Here's a few:

  - Mina is never late. May it be coming in to class, attending club meetings, having her lunch, or even a bathroom break. She is always on time.
  - The club meetings mentioned are the school's dance club, which she is with Momo and the Home Economics club, with Sana.
  - Mina is polite and kind to the general population, but you can only see her laughing and chatting with her two friends: Sana and Momo.
  - She's good at her academics. Not as great as Hirai —who's a genius with an IQ of 210 —but she's definitely keeping up. She speaks perfect English but gets shy often.
  - Mina is also good at dodging suitors, she knows how to decline requests from people asking her to go out with them. When things go out of hand, Sana steps in sweeping them off of their feet. Sana is known for being popular to both boys and girls, but the majority of her cult are ladies.
  - Mina smells like Jasmine.
  - Mina has 9 moles on her face.

And the latest find:

  - Jeongyeon is also friends with Mina.

Chaeyoung had to stop time at 07:59 am so she can make it to class, which is a pain because she doesn't have any Red Bull with her right now. And Dahyun has been kinda off with her for a few days now. So she just sighed and dropped her bag on the side. Thankful that she won't have to attend their P. E. class for today. She's too tired to do laps. And planning to just sleep the period away in the clinic. Needless to say, her body's undergoing a decline, with all the time-stopping activities happening so often. She lost some weight. And she's always sleepy or spacing out. The workout, which is mostly just jogging around their neighborhood, is not helping anymore. She's not used to doing it for more than twice a day, but during the last month she had gone from two to five... to seven. Not all of it are being used to stalk— investigate Mina. She occasionally stops time to help a kitten in the middle of a pedestrian lane, prevent cellphones from breaking due to slipping, and that one case of her carrying a bullied boy away from the playground so he can get home in one piece.

But the exhaustion is no joke. And more than that, she's still far from satisfied with Mina. She wants to see more, know more.

 

Be more.

 

And P.E. is a curse. Chaeyoung is just sitting it out though, but the noise from her yelling classmates are not giving her body the rest it needs. Their P. E. teacher had a change of heart with letting her roam during his class, which was the initial prize she won from guessing his name right.

So instead of sulking, she just turned her attention to her two beautiful friends currently playing Volleyball. Tzuyu still looks like a doll even with sweat glistening against her skin, leaving people in awe. Dahyun is gasping for air after their 2nd set, she's good with techniques and receives well but she's also not athletic, which makes her a wobbling mess when she gets too tired. Like right now.

Chaeyoung stands up from her corner and walk towards Mr. Ok, she thinks Dahyun should get a substitute now, she looks like she's about to melt.

"KIM! WATCH OUT!"

Chaeng heard Tzuyu scream. Dahyun is facing backwards from the ball that was spiked way too hard by one of their opponents. She's most likely get injured if that ball touches her.

As if Chaeyoung would let that happen.

Beep

Chaeyoung rushed as fast as she could to Dahyun's side so she can tap the ba

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter