Fourteen

Thirty Seconds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It will be an understatement to say that tension is all around the sophomore's room as the first class of the day started. For Chaeyoung, it is crippling, more than anything. She can see the looks that her classmates are giving to her friend who just came back. She can see the glares darting out of Tzuyu's eyes to anyone she can hear whispering their own theories on what happened to what was once the class' sunshine. And she can see Dahyun, sitting as still as ever, almost like a statue, amidst the quiet turmoil happening around her. Chaeyoung even wondered at one point if the person sitting in front of her is real. This is not the Dahyun she knew. This is not the morning she expected.

 

But as she may know very well by now—nothing happened the way she expected it to be. 

 

...

 

Mina's day so far is filled with questions. About Dahyun, Momo, Chaeyoung, and the exceedingly annoying group of people greeting them as the trio stands outside their room, a punishment for arriving late. 

"You're coming up with a plan, aren't you?", Sana nudged Momo, whose eyes have been fixed on the window for the past 15 minutes, not even blinking once. 

Not a peep from her friend. 

"We might be able to help..." Mina finally speaks. Momo then nodded. "Hey now... you react to her but not to me.", Sana irritatingly mumbled.

"That doesn't make any sense...", Momo chuckled in disbelief. The two can't help but raise their eyebrows.

"What? What doesn't make sense?", Sana asked. 

"Dahyun.", Momo answered. 

"I know, she just got very cold. I missed my 'dubu' already.", Sana quickly retorted. Mina's guts tell her that, somehow, only Chaeyoung can unveil the mystery for them. If there's someone who can crack this, that's her. And Momo can aid her with making Dahyun talk. 

"Momoring, this time you can't do this alone. Ask help from Chaeyoung, I'm sure she will be talking to Dahyun today." Mina suggested, Sana seems confused at what she initially heard but decided not to comment any further. 

Momo took away her gaze from all the notes mentally written on the window to look at Mina, assessing if that can be the best thing to do. She doesn't intend to mess it up this time. She can't.

 

"Maybe. Can you set up a meet?"

 

"Of course."

 

...

 

And the bell rings. 

 

Chaeyoung and Dahyun stood up from their desks in unison, the latter went straight for the door. While Chaeyoung quickly walked to Tzuyu's seat. 

"Tzu? Uhm... can you save us our spot? I just need to—"

"Talk to her. I know. Please do, Chaengie... I hate seeing her like this.", Tzuyu looked at her, glass-eyed, with red tainting its corners. She can tell that her friend has been fighting her tears for a while now. They both know that someone has to appear strong so they don't fall apart. And Tzuyu took on the role. Like she always has. 

"I will, Tzu. I'm sorry that I can't tell you things right now but I promise I'll bring her back.", Chaeyoung just wants to bash her face to a wall. She isn't even sure of what really happened. She doesn't even know what she can do to help. She's a walking ball of guilt and uncertainty trying her best to make her friend feel better. 

"I will bring her back.", Chaeyoung squeezed Tzuyu's hand before leaving for the rooftop. 

As she takes her steps to their meeting place, Chaeyoung tries to calm her thumping heart. Deep breaths taken every right turn. She can't think of what she feels at this moment, not when she has a more important thing to do. 

 

I will make this right, Dubs. I will bring you back. 

 

The door opens. She sees Dahyun with her face looking up to the vast gray sky beneath, eyes gazing bey

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter