[ ♡ ] 002.

Butterfly.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Does it hurt?” Junmyeon asked, looking to his daughter who shook her head with a smile. The tears on her cheeks now dry as Junmyeon tried his best to wipe away the glistening stain. “No, the nice auntie made it better!” She replied and he smiled. Nami placed her hands on her knees before getting up. She held a smile to Jooyeon as the four made their way to the exit. “Daddy, can I go play at Jaeseok’s house today?”

 

“Auntie, can she come over and play?” Jaeseok questioned, clinging onto her arm as her lips fell ajar. Her head turned to Junmyeon, who gave her the same look. “Honey, I don’t know if she can. They might have other plans.” She said, turning to Jaeseok. His lips formed a frown as his foot stomped beside her legs. “But I want her to come play with me!”

 

“Please, daddy?!” Jooyeon pleaded to Junmyeon, shaking his arm as she did. Junmyeon blinked, no words forming. “Sweetheart, I have to go home and cook us dinner.” He said, looking down to his 5-year-old daughter. Her whining and Jaeseok’s whining filled the swimming pool. “How about this,” Nami suggested, cuffing her nephew’s cheeks. “If Jooyeon and her dad are free tomorrow, you two can go play at the park. Does that sound okay?”

 

Jaeseok stared at his aunt, blinking before nodding his head in agreement. “We’re free tomorrow, so how’s that sound, sweetheart?” Junmyeon asked his daughter, who nodded her head with a smile. “Daddy, give the nice auntie your number!” Nami blinked, eyes widened a bit. “Yeah! I can video call Jooyeon on the way home! Please, auntie?” Nami blinked the for the nth time during the whole conservation. Junmyeon chuckled and rested into his pocket to pull out his phone: “I guess our life gets dictated when we have kids in them, huh?” She stood up, stifling a laugh. “It seems like it.”

 

He held out his phone as she pulled out her phone. The pair exchanged their numbers while Jooyeon and Jaeseok chatted away about things they’d play at the park the next day. Nami smiled down to her nephew as she handed back his phone and he did the same. “I guess we’ll give you a call on the way home,” Junmyeon said. The brunette nodded her head with a sigh as she smiled. “I guess we should get going then,” she said. “Jaeseok, come on, buddy,” she called out, holding a hand out to him. “Your Uncle Sehun promised to make us dinner and give us ice cream.” Jaeseok’s eyes lit up as he ran to his aunt, taking her hand. “Say bye to Jooyeon before we leave.” She said, and he did exactly that.

 

“We’ll see you tomorrow,” Junmyeon said with a smile. “See you,” she said, returning her smile. “Daddy, can I have your phone please?” Nami heard his daughter ask her as they walked out of the recreation center. “Ready to go?” Sehun asked as he walked back with his eyes on his phone. “Yeah,” she said. “I’ll meet you at my house?” She asked. Sehun tucked his phone into his pocket, nodding. “I’m going to grab some stuff to cook dinner for us, and grab Jaeseok’s favorite ice cream!” He exclaimed, bending down momentarily to jab at Jaeseok’s stomach a few times. The boy laughed before hiding behind his aunt.

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

The whole ride home consisted of her 6-year-old nephew video-calling with Junmyeon’s daughter. They talked about what they’d do at the park and what kind of toys they’d bring. When Nami arrived home, they still were on the phone. Jaeseok had even ran off to show her his toys—including his Mr Dinosaur. Sehun arrived twenty minutes after, cooked for the three of them, and Jaeseok was still on the phone with his new best friend.

 

Nami and Sehun leaned on the island table, watching as Jaeseok laughed at whatever Jooyeon was saying and what she was showing him. Sehun blinked, leaning over with his fork still in his hand: “How long as he been on the phone?” He asked. The brunette blinked, shaking head with a sigh. “They hoped on call in the car, talked about their toys for twenty minutes. You showed up twenty minutes later, cooking took thirty minutes… it’s been almost two hours.” She replied. Sehun raised his brows. “How does he even know how to use a phone…”

 

“Hun, look at who his dad is,” she replied. “That brother of mine is a technology fanatic.”

 

“Hu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter