[ ♡ ] 003.

Butterfly.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Throughout most of the day, Junmyeon and Nami had spent time talking about random things – from the kid’s bond, their favorite foods, and what they do on their free time. Some of that time was spent pushing the two children on the swings. They even spent time running around playing tag with the two children. Even at this time, Nami didn’t know it was possible to be so tiresome running around after both children – she was just so used to playing indoors with Jaeseok and his toys.

 

“I think,” Nami called out, pulling out a wet towel from its package. “it’s time to get something to eat now, yeah?” She asked, wiping the sweat from Jaeseok’s forehead and cheeks. She turned to Jooyeon and smiled, pulling out another towel to wipe the little’s girls as well. The little girl giggle, nodding her head – agreeing to take a break. The two children waited for the brunette to stand up and toss out the wipes before they wrapped their tiny hands with hers – Jaeseok to the right of her and Jooyeon to her left. A smile never left her lips as she was dragged to the sidewalk with her little helpers. Junmyeon smiled at the sight. He’s never seen his daughter become so comfortable with someone she just met. His little girl was always so shy around new people, new adults who weren’t family. However, he was surprised by the sudden connection she had with Nami. It was utterly impeccable. He was already at a loss for words.

 

His thoughts clouded his mind as he fell behind the three. “Auntie, can we go to Uncle Baek’s place?” Jaeseok asked, mentioning to his new best friend that he wanted her to taste her uncle’s cooking and his ice creams. Nami hummed, looking down to her nephew: “Well, if Jooyeon’s dad is okay with that – then of course, we can.” She said with a smile.

 

Both children turned to look at Junmyeon as they gave him pleading eyes. He blinked a few times before shrugging his shoulder – he couldn’t win against two pleading eyes. “I don’t see why not,” he said. Luckily for them, the café was not as far because Nami’s brother is smart to set up shop close to families.

 

 “Yay, to uncle Baek’s place!” Jaeseok exclaimed, the two dragging Nami with a sudden surprise. She blinked as she tried to calm to the pair down, so they didn’t get ran over crossing the street.

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

“So,” Junmyeon said, sipping his iced coffee, “Jaeseok seems very close to the owner.” Nami smiled as she glanced towards the back counter – where the two children stood beside Baekhyun, decorating their ice creams with toppings. “Baekhyun’s my brother’s best friend – we grew up together. Between Baekhyun, Sehun, my brother and I, Jaeseok is our whole world, and Jaeseok absolutely loves his favorite uncle there because he gets free food and sweets.” She said with a laugh. Junmyeon smiled, glancing over to the counter as the two children started waddling back with their cup of ice creams in their hands. “Daddy, look!” Jooyeon exclaimed, showing her dad her creation with the topping while Jaeseok showed Nami his. She grinned and took the cup from his hands as he crawled back up onto his seat. “What do you say to uncle Baek?” She asked while Baekhyun smiled down to his nephew. “Thank you, uncle Baek! You’re the best!” He said while Jooyeon nodded in agreement, thanking the brunet with a toothy grin. The two digging into their ice creams with joy while Baekhyun placed another cup of iced coffee in front of the brunette. “Thanks, Baek.”

 

Baekhyun smiled, patting her brunette’s shoulder. Junmyeon glanced up to Baekhyun with an appreciative smile: “How much for both ice creams?” Junmyeon asked while Baekhyun waved his hand in dismissal. “Oh, don’t worry about it!” Baekhyun called out, “It’s on the house.” Junmyeon raised his brow, blinking i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter