[ ♡ ] 013.

Butterfly.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

To say that working in Paris, France is a dream job – Nami and Jisoo barely had time to even go an explore the beautiful nature of the City of Love. Most of the time, the pair frequented their temporary job and back home to their rented house. On days off, they often visited cafes and went out to eat – enjoying the little moments of scenery. But finally, their work was almost done. They were nearly done, the process of getting the project out was the last thing they needed to do.

 

Her colleagues are set to do that after it’s reviewed, and surprisingly, it’s out set to be out in the next few hours. That way, the brunette can overlook the launch and tweak anything once it’s out. Nami had really assisted with helping her team and their team come up with the production while Jisoo managed the numbers – the thing she’s good at. Nami, though, could delegate and help Jisoo and those around her as leader on the production. They trusted her – at least after hearing word from her CEO. The man trusted his company in her hands, and truth be told, so did all her coworkers.

 

There were little disagreements here and there, but it ran smoothly – smooth enough that the CEO of their affiliates called their CEO to let them know it was a blessing to have the girls there to help them. Truth be told, Nami could smell a partnership agreement being signed soon after this is all over. Now the girls would be able to go home and rest up because their job was done. All they had to do is sit back and watch the results of their final product. They’d done everything in their power to watch their project skyrocket to success. They felt it mandatory, though, to stay another week to see the end results and report to their CEO later

 

“It is a pleasure to work with you, Miss Park,” the CEO of their affiliates mentioned as he shook her hand. The brunette smiled and continued the brief handshake. “It’s a pleasure to be of help,” she replied as he turned to Jisoo as well – thanking her for her time and service in helping them. “Our colleague is very lucky to have the both of you. I have never seen a project run so smoothly as it did,” he added. Nami and Jisoo smiled. “Well, we try our best and settling for less is not an option for us.”

 

“Ah, yes,” the CEO chuckled as he placed his hands into his pockets. “I hope the rest of your stay will be memorable, yes?”

 

The two replied with a positive answer as they made their way to the exit of the company’s doors. The CEO personally walking them down the large building. “Please, come back and visit again soon. Our doors are always open if you ever want to come back.”

 

“It’s much appreciated, sir. Thank you,” Nami mentioned as the bid the man goodbye for the time-being. Eventually, if a partnership comes through, she’d be traveling to Paris often. “We are going home in a week,” Jisoo groaned in delight, a smile on her lips as they decided on walking to a nearby café before they went home. “And we can finally go sight-seeing!” Jisoo added, jumping on her sore feet in delight while shaking Nami’s arm. The brunette chuckled, shaking her head as they walked.

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

“How was work today?” Junmyeon questioned over the phone as Nami returned to her shared table with Jisoo. She had just put in her order for a cup of tea and a croissant – something light before they went home to cook something for dinner. “It was good. We’re finally done with the project,” she replied, resting her left elbow on the table while Jisoo pulled up the project’s statistics onto her laptop. The brunette’s eyes settled on the bright LED screen of the laptop while her phone was pressed against her ear. Jisoo had sipped on the frozen drink as she stared as well. “We’re just playing the waiting game now.”

 

“That’s good,” Junmyeon countered, and she could hear the relief in his voice – a smile on his lips. It brought a smile onto her own lips as her eyes scanned the cute café that she’s become so accustomed to for the month she’s been here. “What are you doing now? Are you finally off work?” The brunette hummed, nodding her head even though she knew that he couldn’t see it. “Ji and I are hanging out at the café – you know the one I was telling you about?” Junmyeon hummed himself, letting her know that he remembered the cute little café that Nami would always talk about. “We decided to stop by until we can figure out what we want to eat today.” Jisoo blinked, leaning in as she semi-screamed into the speaker of the phone: “Your girlfriend is picky!” This allows Nami to laugh, slapping her best friend’s arm. Jisoo, too, laughed despite knowing it wasn’t true. Nami was just the type of person who didn’t want to eat the same thing four days in a row.

 

Just in time, her tea and snack arrived as she thanked the server for bringing her order. She blew at her tea before taking a sip of it. “I’m kidding,” Jisoo chuckled as she closed her laptop. In reality, the results of the project wouldn’t pop up until it was close to the next morning. Despite being told if it was just in a few hours. “So do you two have plans for dinner?” Junmyeon asked, the sound of his voice startling her a bit. “I think we’re going home to cook something,” Nami mentioned, eyeing her best friend who nodded her head in confirmation. “Okay, well,” Junmyeon said as he let out a sigh, “I’ll let you enjoy your tea and I’ll call you later, okay?” Nami hummed a response while bidding him goodbye. “Love you,” he added quickly, afraid that she might hang up the phone on him. The brunette chuckled: “Love you too.”

 

 

Upon arriving home, Jisoo offered to cook dinner – simple chicken alfredo pasta. They both decided to shower and get into comfortable clothes, and since it was the weekend the next day, they decided to stay up and watch a movie.

 

“Do you need any help?” Nami questioned as she walked out of her room, her hair air-drying as she walked into the spacious kitchen. Jisoo turned around with risen brows before shaking her head with a smile. “I think I’m good,” she said before eyeing the counter again, “well, if you can cut up the broccoli?” The brunette chuckled and nodded her hands, moving to the sink to wash her hands. To be honest, the two living together was such fun. Despite seeing each other at work every day, the two enjoyed spending time with one another. Nami grew up with males, so experiencing living with another female is fun – especially when it’s someone she can essentially spill the tea to without repercussions. With her male siblings, she developed a bro-code thing with them, but it applied to all of them. From Chanyeol to Sehun, they all had to know for the bro-code to take affect basically.

 

“I’m going to miss this,” Jisoo mentioned as she turned her head to the brunette, a smile on her lips. Nami turned her head, careful to not cut her finger as she looked to her best friend. “Me too, but we can always do sleepovers. If your boyfriend would let me,” the brunette snorted which allowed Jisoo to do the same. “Trust m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter