Chapter 1: This is my Life

Angel Princess

Serenity's POV

"Serenity! Get your up!" my mom yelled outside my door. I groaned, hugging the Jack Skellington plushie my dad bought me for Christmas when I was 16 years old. "Kim Serenity!" mom yelled again.

"I'm coming!" I yelled back with a hint of annoyance in my voice. I waited until her footsteps faded away from my door. Once I heard her walk down the stairs, I kicked the covers off me and headed towards the bathroom. After a quick shower, I exited the bathroom with a towel around my small frame. I opened my small closet to pick out a outfit to wear for the day. I chose a gray V-neck with black skinny jeans and Converse sneakers. I brushed my thick short brown hair before heading down stairs.

Mom was in the kitchen, drinking a beer while holding a cigarrette in her left hand. I walked with, wrinkling my nose as the horrible cigarrette smoke hit my nostrils. Trying not to cover my nose in front of mom, I walked over to the refrigerator and grabbed a bottle water. I closed the door to the refrigerator, turning on my heel to walk towards the living room but before I step off the little step of the kitchen, mom yanked my hair, pulling me back into the kitchen. "Where do you think you're going little !" she snarled.

"I'm just going to the living room to watch television before heading to work." I said, closing my left eye from the pain.

"Did I tell you that you can go?" she asked gripping a handful of my hair in her hand. My hair covered her whole hand. Before I could answer her back, my face met the wooden floor. Hard. I yelped, holding my now fractured nose. Mom scold. "Whiny little ." she said. She kicked me in the stomach. I winched, feeling the sharp pain in my abdomen. Mom spit in my face before walking away, leaving me there on the floor. I cursed under my breath as I dealt with the burning pain from mom's high heel.

 

I grabbed my house keys from the table and left for work around mom felled asleep. Grabbing my jacket, I closed the door behind me and walked down the sidewalk towards the cafe I worked. The place was nice and I got paid a good amount but the problem about it is that my aunt owns the cafe and she hates me just as much as mom does. She too would beat me and call me a worthless bug. The only person I actually like there is one of my co-workers, Dongjun. He is only year older than me and is a total sweetheart to me. He lives a great life unlike mine. He lives in a big house with his family that love him and cherish him. I envy him very much for that. The cafe came into view and I gulped, preparing myself for my aunt's nice "hospitality ". I opened the door, hearing the little bell ring from top of the door. Looking around, I saw Dongjun serving a table. I smiled to myself as I walked towards the back where the lockers were located. I opened mine and placed my jacket inside and changed into my uniform. Once I was ready, I shut my locker and walked to the cashier. The one who was working the cash register much had been in the kitchen. The girl who worked it was a nice girl... sometimes. I talk to her from time to time but not very often. Aunt was always watching my every move. Grabbing a note pad and a pencil, I walked to a table that need to be served. Dongjun caught sight of me, taking a hold of my arm and pulled me into a tight hug. "Hey Serenity." he said with a beautiful smile.

"Hey Dongjun." I replied with a weak smile. Dongjun noticed, cupping my cheek gently in his hand.

"Are you okay?" he asked with a worried expression.

"Yes. I'm just tired that's all." I said. Dongjun gave me a look since he didn't look conviced.

"Your mom is hitting you agin, isn't she?" he asked trying to hide his anger but that was a major fail. I saw his eyes flaming.

"No, she isn't." I lied. Dongjun raised an eyebrown, letting his hand slowly slip down from my cheek. I shivered a bit, feeling the warmth of his hand leaving my cold cheek.

"Are you sure? Cause if I find out that she is, I'm going to say something to her again. Remember what happened last time." he said folding his arms across his chest. His biceps showing through his shirt. I rubbed the back of my neck as I remembered what happened last time Dongjun found that mom was abusing me. He called the police on her and she went to court for it. Her lawyer found her innocent but the judge saw the bruises and cuts mom gave me and sent her to prison but she ending up getting out a couple of days later when one of her "friends" bailed her out. Ever since she became more "careful" when she abused me. Dongjun sighed. "I don't see why don't you just leave that damn house. That offer I gave you about living with me and my family is still on the table." he said.

"I'm sure Dongjun. And don't worry I'll be fine. If anything happens, I'll call you." I said with a soft smile. Dongjun looked at me with an raised eyebrow before kissing my forehead.

"Alright then." he said. He tap my nose lightly before smiling at me and walking to the kitchen. I sighed and began working. Dongjun was always there for me. He has always been from the very beginning ever since I told him about my problems with my mom. I would love to live with him and his family but I don't want mom to go to their house and do something stupid. I couldn't risk putting them in danger.

It was almost 10PM when we closed the cafe. Donhjun drove me home like he always did. He didn't like the idea of a girl walking home by herself at this time of night. My aunt smacked me a couple of times today whenever I walked into the kitchen or the storager room. Dongjun heard her yelling at me and the sound of the smacks she gave me. Dongjun almost said something to her but I stopped him from doing so. I didn't want him to get fired cause of me. We stopped as Dongjun parked his car in front of my house. As I was going to open the door, Dongjun grabbed my arm, pulling me over to him and he kissed me on the lips. My eyes widen as he pulled away. "Good night, Serenity." he said softly.

I slowly nodded my head. "G-good night Dongjun." I stuttered. He laughed softly, pinching my cheek. I smiled softly, getting out of his car. I waved to him as he drove away. I sighed, walking to my house. I unlocked the door and stepped in. The house was dark so that meant mom was still sleeping. Thank God. I tip toed up to my room and closed my door. Changing out of my clothes and into some pajamas, I laid on my bed. Looking at my nightstand, I picked up a picture. A picture of my dad and older sister. My eyes moisten as I stared at the photo.

My father and sister both disappeared one day while my mom was pregnant with me. When my mom found out about their disappearance, she went crazy. She reported it to the police and they tried their best to find them but to no avail. During that time, mom thought it was because she was pregnant with me that father and big sister left. Ever since I was born, my mom had nothing but hate for me. Blaming me for being the cause of their "deaths" when the police didn't find any trace of them. Seeing tear droplets falling on the photo, I placed it back down and walked over to the bathroom. I stood in front of the mirror, lifting my shirt and saw the "artwork" mom did on me. On my stomach was nothing but bruises and cuts. Not just on my abdomen but everywhere else on my body. Sighing, I walked back to my bed and laid down on my bed and cried myself to sleep and dreaming of my missing father and sister.

 

~~~~

Here's the first chapter of my new story. I hope you guys like it. Oh U-Kiss may not appear until around chapter five or so, I'm still working on it. Anyway, I hope you like this chapter and sorry if it's too long. Please comment and subscribe! ♥