Chapter 7

Latte and Chill
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I scrunched up my nose as I could feel the sun warming up my skin. Which was weird, since I always slept with my curtains closed. Wait.

My eyes shot open. This was NOT my room. I sat up quickly, wincing as pain suddenly shot through my head. Ooh, that hurts. Damn Momo and her alcohol. I glanced around the room while massaging my temples. Sunlight was batheing the room gently with an early morning glow. 

Oh, wow. Whoever this room belonged to could draw. There were countless paintings and sketches pinned on boards and hung up on walls. The desk was scattered with papers and books. Some looked like unfinished sketches while others were crumpled up into balls, pathetically thrown towards the corner of the workspace.

My curiosity getting the best of me, I got up. The covers slipped off my body naturally, onto the bed. Stopping in front of the desk, I took one of the crumpled up papers into my hand and carefully uncrumpled it. After smoothing the paper out, I almost gasped in horror. How could somebody crumple up such a beautiful piece of art?

It was of a woman. Her eyes were downcast, as if she was preoccupied with something. As the woman's head was slightly tilted, one could easily see the curvature of her nose - which was perfect, of course- and a sharp sculpted jawline that could cut glass. Whoever the artist was had captured the air of elegance the woman gave off perfectly.

"What are you doing?" I jumped at the sudden sound.

"Sana? What are you doing here?" I blinked in surprise seeing my best friend in an unfamiliar setting.

"Chaeyoung had something to do early this morning so I came to take care of you guys." Sana stood at the doorway sipping from her cup. Coffee. The aroma of freshly brewed coffee was sifting in from outside. "You two were totally wasted last night. Momo was basically passed out but from what Chaeyoung told me, you were quite a handful."

Chaeyoung. As if on cue, images from last night trickled through my head. My face quickly turned hot as I began to remember what I had done. I slapping my hands to my face in embarassment, "Oh my god, just kill me now." How could I ever face the girl again? Drunk me really was a force to reckoned with.

Sana giggled watching my face. "Coffee?" She kindly offered.

"Please," I sighed, "I feel like ."

"And you look like it too." She laughed lightly and nodded over to the full sized mirror in the bedroom before leaving.

I stood in front of the mirror observing the creature with bloodshot eyes staring back at me. My hair was a mess, it looked like a tornado had its way with it. My dark circles could pratically be mistakened for a black hole. And if that weren't enough, my face was ghostly pale like all the life had been drained from it. "Damn," I sighed, running my hand through my messy hair. "I really should stop drinking."

"Here." Sana reappeared at the doorway. She nudged a warm mug into my hands, my fingers automatically wrapped themselves around it.

I took it gratefully, taking a big whiff. The smell of coffee was almost rejuvinating in itself. I smiled, remembering why I had agreed to work at a cafe in the first place. "Thanks, Satang."

Taking a gulp of the holy liquid, I could feel the caffine shooting through me. The tiredness was slowly draining away.

"So Chaeyoung, huh?"

I choked, mid-swallow.

Sana was smirking, as if my reaction had practically confirmed her thoughts.

"W-what?"

"I hear from a little birdie that you told her everything."

Refusing to answer, I quickly occupied myself with the mug again.

"Hey, I think it's a good thing. Here's your chance to stop being a scaredy cat and actually get to know her. You've been single for too long, Mina."

"I'm sorry. But in case you haven't noticed, I actually enjoy the single life," I retorted.

"That's because you haven't gotten a taste of the other side, Mitang," Sana rolled her eyes.

"I think you've had too much of the other side," I sniffed, before taking another gulp of coffee. That wasn't just me being defensive. Okay, maybe it was a little. But it doesn't make what I said any less valid.

Out of the three of us, Sana was the most out there, in the dating world. For the lack of a better word, a womanizer. It was hard for her to stay with one person, resulting in frequent heartbreaks. 

"Hey," her tone had changed. I glanced over at her. "I'm serious about this one."

"Dahyun? I hope so. I don't want to have to avoid my neighbor if you end

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter