Chapter 22

Latte and Chill
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaeyoung POV

I’m an idiot. Why on Earth did I think that I had a chance with her?

I tore through the groups of people that were still loitering behind after the show. 

“Excuse me,” a woman gasped as I pushed past her. Normally I would apologize, but right now I could care less. I just wanted to get out, away from Mina and that Thai boy.

It was stupid of me to assume that we had something. She never said that she liked me, so why do I feel like ?

If anything I was more angry at myself for the delusion I had so happily wrapped myself in these past few months. I had been reading the signals so wrong.

 

I was looking for Mina, hoping to surprise her. It had been a few weeks since I had last really seen her, not counting the surprise breakfast I had prepared for her this morning. A few weeks since I had almost confessed but was so rudely interrupted by that annoying phone call.

I had been looking for her, and I found her. With another person.

When I saw Bambam and her alone in the locker room with that large mistletoe just dangling from the ceiling, I knew exactly what was going on.

One would have to be blind to not see that Bambam liked Mina. It was written all over his face whenever the girl was in his sight. The confession was inevitable. The fact that it took so long for him to do so was because my stupidly jealous self pulled her away everytime he tried.

I knew that I should've left and let them have their privacy.

But I couldn’t. My feet stood rooted in place like ing rocks as I eavesdropped on their conversation. 

“You know I like you,” He had confessed. I couldn’t catch what she had replied but her soft laughter that had followed stabbed a wound in my stomach. 

She likes him back, I realized. The discovery was as welcoming as a punch in the stomach. Gods, I was really an idiot.

And then he hugged her. My grip on the bouquet had tightened, not caring that I might ruin the flowers that I had picked out for her. 

But the last straw was when he moved to kiss her. That I could not watch.

In my rush to leave, I banged into a locker door that was wide open. I cursed the idiot that had left their locker door open. Good ing god that had hurt. But it wasn’t nearly as painful as the sinking feeling that had developed in my chest. 

The loud noise had caught their attention and I felt their gaze on me. . I can’t deal with this right now.

“Chaeyoung?” She looked surprised to see me. 

“Sorry if I was interrupting something. I’ll leave,” I said as fast as I could. I needed to get out of here. I can’t look at her in the eyes.

And so I did what I did best.

I ran.

 

Someone was calling my name. “Chaeyoung!” 

I saw Somi waving me down. I noticed that she was wearing a nice dress today. It seemed like a lot of people had dressed up to see the performance. And then there was me, dressed in sweats like hobo. My mind wandered back to the nicely ironed suit Bambam had been sporting earlier.

“Hey,” I said slowing to a walk. I forced a smile onto my face.

“I didn’t know you were here too,” she said grinning back. “Mina-unnie’s performance was great, don’t you think?” Really? She had to mention the one person I don't want to think about right now.

“Yeah,” I looked down at my bouquet and back up at her. “Hey listen, I’m not feeling too good. Could you give this to Mina?”

“Sure,” Somi chirped and took the flowers.

"Thank you." I turned to go. But

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter