Chapter 13

Latte and Chill
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Don't ask me why I decided to actually dress up today. It wasn't as if I had anybody to impress, because that would be a whole other story... Yet, I found myself waking up with the sudden urge to dress cute and began rummaging through my closet at 7 in the morning.

Sana was surprised when she saw me waltzing into the cafe in my white dress. Jihyo had spared me a glance while counting her money, giving me a nod of approval. Even Momo, who usually didn't notice these kind of things gave me a thumbs up when she saw me. 

Maybe I should dress up more often, I thought as I recalled their reactions. I tilted my head slightly in the bathroom mirror to see if I had to retouch any of my makeup. I grinned at myself once, and then left the washroom to go to class. 

I was in a strangely good mood today. I even said hello to some girl from my math class when I saw her in the hallway. She looked bewildered, probably because I always ignored people in the halls, but she still gave me a friendly smile.

I found myself humming a song that I couldn't remember the name of as I was nearing the art classroom. Seeing a familiar head facing away from me, standing by the door, my stomach did a couple flip flops. The corners of my mouth curved up unconsciously. I was just about to walk over and greet her when I noticed that she was talking to someone. 

"Oh my gosh. You're too funny, Chaeyoung," Somi giggled. My eyes landed on the girl's hand gripping Chaeyoung's biceps. My previously cheerful stride slowed to a drag. As I got closer, Somi's giggles got louder, ringing obnoxiously in my ears.

Was she always this loud and annoying? A huff escaped my nose.

What a way to ruin someone's day. I rolled my eyes and trudged past them without a word. 

"Oh hey Mi-" Chaeyoung said as I walked past. She looked up with a stupid smile on her stupid face.

I ignored her, cutting off her greeting, and entered the classroom. There were already a couple kids sitting with their easels setup. 

The rest of class consisted of me ignoring both the girl next to me and the damn teacher's assistant who was trying way too hard to get my attention. The latter was waving at me discretely behind the teacher. I narrowed my eyes as I spotted her acting like a dumb monkey from my peripheral vision. Does she even realize that the whole class was probably watching her?

I heard a couple giggles from around me, probably laughing at how stupid she looked. Idiot. Her face lit up when she saw me looking but I turned away immediately. 

Professor Park was rambling on about Ancient Art and drawings discovered in caves from around 8000 years ago. I was relieved when he finally let us go paint our own things. 

My relief didn't last very long because Somi took the oppurtunity to lean over and whisper, "You look cute today, unnie."

If I were a normal, non-introverted person, on a normal day, I probably would've smiled and thanked her. But since I am who I am – and the fact that I was in a foul mood didn't really help – I grunted like a cow before delving into my painting.

After a several fruitless attempts to initiate a conversation, Somi seemed to finally get the message that I was clearly not interested in conversing.

Chaeyoung appeared to have caught on quicker, because she stuck to the other side of the room for the majority of class, only coming over to entertain Somi when she called.

Those moments only made the stormy clouds over my head darken.

It's that kind of feeling when you're not a morning person and you just want to punch everyone who's talking near you. But seeing as I am a very introverted, non-violent person, so I just grinded my teeth and huffed louder than usual.

"Gosh, what's wrong with her today?" I heard Somi whispering to Chaeyoung, not even trying to be discrete about it. Stupid . 

Language, I heard Jihyo suddenly i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter