Chapter 16

Latte and Chill
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaeyoung began to sort of shove herself into every nit and cranny of my life. She waited outside the studio on Tuesdays and Thursdays, walked with me to art class on Mondays and Wednesdays, and even came to the cafe on Fridays to have her usual cup of latte. Of course, it wasn’t to the point where I felt creeped out. She somehow knew when she should give me space and what made me uncomfortable. And I was fine with her random appearances in my day to day routine. Weirdly, they gave me some sense of normalcy as I was figuring out how to fall into the rhythm of balancing school and work. 

The day of the sports fest arrived. Momo and Sana had waited outside of my math class, like the good friends they were, so we could walk together to the field. 

“You know, I was surprised when Momo told me you were going,” Sana remarked as we walked through the campus. 

“Thank Chaeyoung for that,” Momo smirked at me.

I felt my face cheeks burn as I denied her statement, “No. What are you talking about?”

Sana giggled, “Mitang, your face is as red as a tomato.”

“It’s HOT,” I crossed my arms. God, why couldn’t I have been one of those people who didn’t blush?

“It’s almost winter,” Momo pointed out, still smirking.

I glared at the older girl.

“It’s okay if you like her, Mitang,” Sana said kindly, “You know that we would fully support the two of you.” I made a face. She put an index finger to her chin thoughtfully, "In fact, it’ll be amazing if you two get together. You guys can go on a double date with me and Daahyunie.”

“Hey, what about me?” Momo complained.

“We’ll get to that once you actually ask the guy out,” Sana said rolling her eyes.

“We’re basically going out,” Momo defended, “He’s always treating me to food.”

“That’s because you’re ALWAYS hungry,” Sana reminded her. Momo opened to retort and closed it with a snap when she recognized defeat.

“Who?” I asked curiously. Momo had mentioned a guy a couple times before but she never gave any details as to who he was. 

“He’s our senior,” Sana responded. “He’s the archery representative for the 4th years. I’ll point him out to you when we see him.”

“Uhm,” Momo pointed towards the entrance of the field which was jam packed. “If we can even get in."

 

I hate crowded places, which was why I always avoided going to things like this. “Ugh,” I grunted in annoyance as another kid squeezed past me.

“This way, Mitang,” Sana gripped my hand firmly and pulled me through the crowds. “Grab onto Momo’s hand so she doesn’t get lost.” I did as she said and let her lead the way. People were chattering so loudly that I could barely hear my own thoughts.

“Dahyunnie,” Sana called out. We had finally made it through the entrance, where for some ODD reason, people insisted on loitering near, completely obstructing others who were attempting to get in.

Dahyun was sitting with a few other people three rows from the front. She turned around with a broad smile and waved at us. “Hey guys. We saved seats for you!”

The other girls that were with her turned around and waved at us.

“Hey Mina,” Jeongyeon called to me.

Nayeon grabbed Jeongyeon’s waving hand and shoved it down before waving at me with her free hand. “Hey sweetie!”

Jeongyeon pulled her hand from her and scowled, “Why do you get to wave to her but not me?”

“Just cuz,” Nayeon said with a flash of her bunny teeth. The two began bickering.

Tzuyu looked done with the two older girls going at each other like old married couples. When we made eye contact, she rolled her eyes and mouthed, they’re crazy. I laughed before following Sana down to sit on the bleachers.

Archery was the first event. The event was split up into two sections, one for the boys and one of the girls. I spotted Bambam even though I wasn’t really looking. It was impossible not to notice his blonde hair in the crowd of brunettes.

“Hey isn’t that Bambam?” Momo squinted.

“Yup," I nodded.

“I didn’t know he did archery," she remarked, looking pleasantly surprised.

“Neither did I,” I said, “He asked me to come watch him.”

Momo looked at me in shock, “Mina!”

“What?” I asked in the same tone. What did I do now?

“Don’t tell me you STILL haven’t rejected him.”

“What’s there to reject?” I asked in confusion, “It's not like he asked me out.”

“No one just invites someone to watch him if they aren’t into them,” Momo rolled her eyes. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter