Chapter 12

Latte and Chill
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tuesday and Thursday were for dance and math classes, which meant I was going to be physically exhausted in the morning and mentally exhausted in the afternoon. But, I found myself growing excited for the day to commence.

I have been hearing amazing things from all my upperclassmen about the teacher who taught this course, Park Jinyoung, infamously dubbed JYP. I just hoped that he would meet all of the expectations that I've acquired from the rumors.

"Mina!" Momo excitedly waved at me as I made my way towards the dance studio. It appeared that she had arrived earlier than me, much to my surprise.

It was no secret that the girl was a deep sleeper, so I wondered what mystical force had motivated her to wake up early today. I saw a familiar half-eaten muffin in her hand and then it made sense.

"Did Jihyo give you that?" I asked smiling, pointing at the muffin. It was one of our signature pastries at the cafe.

"Huh? Oh yeah! She promised me a muffin at the cafe this morning, so I made sure to set 10 alarms last night." I snorted as the girl's eyes curved up into crescent moons. Food was truly her one and only love. "You want some?"

I looked at her in surprise. Momo and share in the same sentence? That was unheard of. I smiled when I saw the silent plea in her eyes, begging me to say no. 

"Nah, it's okay. I had cereal at home." I laughed as Momo's eyes lit up at my response and dove back into her muffin. "I don't think you wanted to share it anyways."

Momo swallowed the last of the pastry before giving me a sheepish grin, "Sorry."

Everybody looked up as a gruff looking man came towards the studio carrying a gym bag, giving off an aura of authority which contradicted his hobo-ish look. The people who were waiting by the door moved to let him through, staring shamelessly.

"Hey guys, sorry for the wait. You guys can come right in and have a seat on the floor," the man acknowledged the crowd of people as he unlocked the door.

Momo and I exchanged looks. "JYP?" Momo mouthed, looking just as confused as I looked. I shrugged and turned to follow the crowd of murmuring students in. 

The studio itself was nothing out of the ordinary. There were mirrors lining the front of the room with bars that ran from one side to the other. The wooden floor was polished and shiny, most likely redone right before school started. 

It took a minute of shuffling but everyone finally got situated in the ground. All eyes were on the professor.

There was no doubt that everyone was wondering the same thing. Who was this guy and why does he look as far from a ballerino as a man could possibly be? If anything, he looked more like a drummer for a rock band who rode motorcyles in his free time.

"I'm sure you guys are wondering what a bearded dude such as myself is teaching this course," the man chuckled after scanning our faces.

Nobody would say a word, so he continued, "Let's just say I've had a rough summer and I let myself go for a bit. There is no need to worry, of course. I assure you all that I am very qualified to teach ballet and will do my best to instruct you all. I hope that we will learn many things from one another as this semester progresses."

Everyone clapped politely.

"Ah, silly me," the man said, after the applause died down. "I forgot to introduce myself. I am Park Jinyoung, a professional dancer, but I teach part-time at this university."

"No need to introduce youself, sir. We all know who you are," someone called out. Everyone laughed.

JYP smiled, "Well, now that we are done with introductions. I'd like you all to turn and introduce yourself to someone you don't know. Since you will be dancing with one another for the remainder of the semester, it will be valuable for everyone to get familiar with each other."

"Great," I grumbled. As introvert, I hated doing these types of thing. I glanced at Momo who wasn't bothered at all. She had already turned to speak with the girl next to her. Lucky, extroverts, I grumble to myself.

I looked around to see the girl on the other side of me speaking with somebody else. Great. My heart sank. Now I just had to stare at my lap for the next couple of minutes until everyone was done talking. I hoped that nobody would notice.

"Hey," somebody tapped me from behind.

I turned to see a familiar face staring at me with a friendly smile. 

"You!" I gasped, pointing at him in shock.

"Yes, me." the boy said with a grin. It was the guy from the cafe who tried to ask me for my number. "Isn't it rude to point at people?" He asked after a few seconds of me just gawking at him.

I glanced down at my index finger and quickly retracted it. "Sorry."

Good lord, why was this guy here? I've only met him once before but the impression he left must've been p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter