Chapter 6

Latte and Chill
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The door opened while I was mid-knock, leaving me standing with my fist held up. Chaeyoung looked tired and annoyed when she finally answered the door. She was dressed in a white tshirt and a pair of flannel pants. Her hair was touseled. Clearly, I had woken her up from her beauty sleep. "What do you want?"

I snickered, "Doesn't feel so good you're the one getting woken up, huh?"

"What do you mean?" The annoyance was gone from Chaeyoung's face as she yawned and rubbed her eyes drowsily. 

"The day you moved in, stupid." I shoved her lightly, nearly making the smaller girl fall over in the process. She yelped and grabbed onto the door frame to support her. "I was having such a nice dream too."

"Oh, was that why you came out? Sorry, I guess." She straightened up and stuffed her hands into her flannel pants. "Are you still mad about that?"

"Not only that," I said hotly. I pointed a finger at her, accusingly. "You've been nothing but trouble since you've moved in, Son Chaeyoung."

"Huh?" Chaeyoung narrowed her eyes at me, "Wait... Are you drunk?"

"NoooOO? What makes you say that? You're funny," I giggled suddenly. It sounded way too loud, but that didn't matter. I was feeling really good. "I'm totally fine. See, I can walk straight." I demonstrated walking a nice straight line to the wall behind me. Strangely, the wall was getting a lot closer than I had anticipated. And getting even closer...

"WOAH!" I felt a pair of arms around me and suddenly the wall wasn't as close.

"If that was a straight line, then I'm straight as hell," Chaeyoung snorted. She turned me around. "You almost walked into the wall, dummy."

I stared at her for a minute, before smiling at her coyly. "You know... For a small girl, you're surprisingly strong." I ran my finger up her arms before letting it rest on her biceps and giving it a squeeze. "Oooh, muscles~"

She stumbled away from me, "W-what are you doing?"

"What do you mean?" I smiled, batting my eyes innocently at her.

"You're drunk," She stated. 

"Mmmm, maybeee?" She stared at me.

"I think you should go back to your place and get some rest," Chaeyoung said finally.

"Na-uh," I shook my head. "Not until, I get payback."

"Payback for what?"

"All the trouble you caused!" I was almost shouting as I jabbed my finger at her chest.

The door next to Chaeyoung's suddenly swung open and an elderly woman stormed out. We both swiveled to look at her.

Let's just say the lady did not want to give us cookies and a warm glass of milk.

She barked, "Listen here, you loud gremlins. I did not suffer through 60 years of my life just to be woken up at 1am in the morning by noisy brats. Now shut your yap and let the rest of us who actually want to sleep, catch some snoozes."

Chaeyoung was quick to apologize, "So sorry, ma'am. We'll be quiet."

"What do you mean WE-" Chaeyoung quickly clasped a hand over my mouth, muffling my words.

She smiled charmingly at the older woman who just stared at us before shaking her head and closing the door, "Couples these days. Makes me want to hurl."

"MmRET ME GO." Her hand didn't move. I paused, thinking about what to do next.

"..."

"Ewwwwww. That's disgusting." She immediately let go. I smirked with satisfaction. That's right, I her.

"Serves you right."

Chaeyoung sighed in exasperation, running a hand through her messy hair, "If you have something to say, just come in. People want to sleep."

I tapped my chin pretending to think about it. "Maybee..."

"You know what," Chaeyoung huffed. "You don't get a choice anymore." I let out a squeak when she suddenly hoisted me up into her arms, bridal style.

"What are you doing? Stop taking advantage of a drunk person," I whisper-yelled as I smacked her shoulders. Damn, they were solid. She kicked the front door closed  before making her way into a bedroom.

"So you ARE drunk," Chaeyoung winced as I hit her again. "Oww, why do you hit so hard?" She dumped me onto a bed, not gently.

"Oof," I rubbed my behind and gave her a glare. She shrugged and smiled innocently. 

I looked around trying to take in my surroundings. This must be her room. A naughty thought entered my brain.

"Why are you smiling like that?" She said breaking the silence.

"Like what?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter