Chapter 15

Latte and Chill
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The weekend whizzed past, it barely even felt like a break and we're back to the beginning of the week, topped off nicely with a case of Monday blues. I finished up my shift that morning as Sana came from the back dressed in our uniform. "Have fun at school, Mitang," Sana said sweetly, waving me goodbye.

"Arigato, Satang," I wiggled my fingers at the girl with a smile. Sana really was a ball of sunshine radiating positive energy on everyone she spoke to.

"Hey Mina. You want a muffin?" Momo chirped when I entered the kitchen. Seeing my hesitation, she smiled and pushed the freshly baked pastry into my hands, "Don't worry, Jihyo already gave the okay."

"Thanks, Momo," I sighed. "I wasn't able to eat breakfast today because I woke up late. Mondays really are the worst."

"I wake up late everyday," Momo shrugged, "Doesn't stop me from eating breakfast." Typical Momo.

I laughed, "Clearly we have different priorities." I patted the girl's back, "Try not to eat all the pastries, this time."

Momo rolled her eyes with a smile, "What do you take me for? I like to eat but even I can't eat that much."

 

I worked my math homework with a side of procrasination, nothing beats a good old YouTube video while doing work. Before I realized it, it was the afternoon. I quickly packed my bag and got ready to leave my apartment for art class. After putting on my shoes, I went to open my apartment door.

"Hi!"

I swear to God I almost lept five feet in the air. My hand shot to my chest as I gasped, "Are you trying to give me a heart attack?"

Chaeyoung was standing in front of me as if she was waiting for me the whole time. "Sorry," she said grinning. She didn't look sorry at all.

"What are you doing here?" I asked after I locked my door.

"Oh. I figured that since we are heading to the same place anyway, we should walk together," Chaeyoung replied. She was still smiling. How could anyone be this happy on a Monday?

"And what if I say no?" I deadpanned.

"Hmm," the younger girl put an index finger to her chin, pretending to think. "You don't get to," She said finally. Before I could protest, she grabbed my hand and started dragging me towards the elevator.

 

We arrived at the classroom 5 minutes early. Somi was already there, waiting by the door. The younger girl saw Chaeyoung and her face lit up. “Hey Chaeyoungie!” She waved excitedly. Her face fell when she saw me appear from behind. “…And Mina-unnie.”

“Hey Somi,” Chaeyoung said with a smile, completely oblivious.

I could tell that Somi wasn’t exactly pleased to see me arriving with Chaeyoung, so she seemed to be trying extra hard to get her attention today.

“Hey Chaeyoungie, can you take a look at my piece? I think I’m having a little trouble getting the shadows right.”

Chaeyoung came over and observed the painting. “You can blend it a bit more. But other than that I don’t see a problem with it. Anything else?”

Somi’s eyebrow furrowed, “Wait- Can you show me how to blend it? I don’t think I’m doing it correctly.”

“Err…” Chaeyoung looked confused, “You just take a bit of that color and mix it with the one you want to blend it with then add it to the canvas.” She sees someone else raising their arm and she nods at Somi, “Try it the way I said. I’m going to go help someone else.”

I glanced over at Somi’s frowning face as she watched Chaeyoung walk away. “Unnie,” She suddenly turned and made eye contact, surprising me.

“Y-yeah?”

“Do you think Chaeyoung is rejecting me or is she really just that dense?” Somi asked with a serious face. Why was she asking me?

“Uh I don’t know,” I said flustered. “I think Chaeyoung would be more straightforward though.” I thought back to the random times she would show up my door. She was definitely not the type to beat around the bush.

“Right,” Somi nodded as if I had confirmed her suspicions. “She’s so fine,” Somi suddenly sighed. I looked over at her. I could literally see hearts shooting out of her eyes at the girl. “Are you into her too?”

I choked on my saliva at the sudden question. “W-what? No!," I denied, "She's all yours." The heck was she asking me?

“Who’s all hers?” Speak of the devil and she shall appear.

I turned to see the girl standing behind me. ““Just where do you come from? Do you know how to teleport or something?” I looked at her in disbelief. I swear I saw her across the rom just a second ago.

Chaeyoung chuckled, “I think you just don’t pay enough attention to me.”

I snorted, "And why would I need to do that?"

Chaeyoung just gave me a dimpled smirk and nodded at my canvas, “Your painting’s looking good.”

As Chaeyoung left to assist another person, I turned back to work on my painting again. Somi spoke up sounding slightly annoyed, “She was so flirting with you.”

“What?” I asked incredulously, lifting my paintbrush from the board.

“Yeah,” Somi huffed. “I mean, I don’t blame her. You are pretty in your own right, unnie.”

I flushed, “Uh thanks, I guess.” Was she really flirting with me? Chaeyoung always acted like that, though. No way that was flirting.

“That was totally flirting. You don’t see her acting like that with me,” Somi rolled her eyes and went back to painting. Oops, apparently I had said that aloud.

 

I was totally out of it for rest of the day. Was she really flirting?

If she was... does that mean she likes me? Nah, there’s no way. I shook my head as I was in the middle of my art project. The chances of that was close to zero.

I’m unsociable, uninteresting, and pretty plain looking. Why would she be interested in me?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter