Chapter 24

Latte and Chill
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mina POV

When I came to, it took me a good minute to realize where I was.

I could get use to this. I watched Chaeyoung's peaceful sleeping face, a warm, bubbly feeling spreading from my stomach to the tips of my finger. I touched my tingling cheeks that were blown out from the smile that stretched from my lips. Mine, I thought as I looked at her contently. I had the urge to trace her perfect pouty lips with my fingertips, but I stopped myself just a few millimeters from her face.

I'll let the cub catch her beauty sleep.

Carefully, I slipped out from beneath the covers, trying not to make any noise. I held my breath when she stirred at the sound of shifting sheets, but she only made some strange mumbling sounds before turning over.

I giggled to myself. Cute.

Tiptoeing across the room I made my way towards her desk, which was still a mess. The last time I had been in her apartment was a couple months ago, about two week after we had met each other.

Funny, that it always takes a drunk penguin to break into the cub's den.

It seems that nothing had changed, save for several more crumpled up papers and a chocolate wrapper.

I picked up one of the slightly crumpled sheets on her desk and smoothed it out with my palm. To my surprise, it was the very same one I had seen the first time I came here.

"What are you doing?" I turned to see Chaeyoung sitting up in bed with her mussed hair as she rubbed her eyes, squinting at me. I smiled at the sight.

"Just looking at your art."

She hummed and slipped out of bed, making her way towards me.

I squeaked in surprise when she wrapped her arms around my waist and rested her head on my shoulder. But I relaxed as a whiff of her strawberry shampoo drifted over me. "Which one?" She said. I shivered at the sound of her slightly husky voice next to my ear.

"This one." I showed her the drawing in my hand. "It's so beautiful. Why did you crumple–"

Chaeyoung moved so quickly that I didn't have any time to react when she snatched the paper away from my hand. I blinked as she moved away from me. Her hands already were recrumpling the paper. I was confused.

"What's wrong? Was I not suppose to see that?"

The girl didn't answer me, staring at the ground with a weird expression. Her cheeks were redder than I've ever seen. "Chaengie? Why are you so red?"

I carefully moved closer to her, not wanting to startle her. She let me touch her cheeks, but refused to look me in the eye.

"Chae?" I tapped her cheek.

"It's you," She said finally.

My hands dropped to my side. "Me?" That was a surprise.

"I know. I know. It looks nothing like you," Chaeyoung said, balling the paper even tighter into her hand. "It was the day after we first met. I saw you at the cafe and you were so beautiful. I knew I had to draw you. But I just couldn't get it right. So I went again and again to the cafe. But then you started avoiding me..."

She was rambling and a blushing mess. I smiled. How could someone be so adorable first thing in the morning?

"I must sound like a stalker to you–"

"Chaeyoung," I interrupted. She finally stopped and blinked her large round eyes at me.

"Yes."

"It's beautiful and honestly it doesn't matter to me anymore."

"But–" She started to complain. "Mmph..."

I shut her up with a kiss, finally feeling her lips relaxing under mine instead of yammering on about some nonsense. There was a small sound as the paper ball hit the ground.

When I finally pulled away, she stared at me with slightly blown pupils as she tried to catch her breath. "I– Wow."

I smirked.

A horrific thought suddenly popped into my head and I gasped, clasping my hand over my mouth.

", I'm so sorry! My breath must smell awful," I exclaimed.

Chaeyoung's expression changed from bewilderment to amusement.

"Thats what you're worried about?" She let out a laugh, "Baby, I really don't care. In fact, I think I could really use another one." She puckered up her lips playfully as she stepped closer to me.

"Nonono," I squealed running towards the bathroom and slamming the door shut. Leaning against the door, I paused to catch my breath.

Wait.

Did she just call me baby?

 

"So what do you want to do today?" Chaeyoung asked from her place on the couch. She was laying on her belly, hands propped under her chin as she watched me make her favorite latte.

"Stay home," I replied. I was never much of an outdoor person and Chaeyoung never pushed me to be one which was why she was always coming over to watch movies with me when she wanted to hang out.

"Netflix?"

"Sure," I said, pouring the coffee into the cup.

I handed the cup over to her and watched as she took a sip.

"Ahh," She said sighing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter