Chapter 14

Lean on Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's finally Wednesday, which means the festival has begun. All the students and even the staff of the school are in high spirits. One of the biggest events is finally here. And this means the council can finally have a break, even if it's just for a few days.

 

The three-day festival's opening happened this morning and it is now in full swing. Streamers are hung on the ceiling, booths are accepting customers and students are having fun. 

 

Nako, Hitomi and Yuri are waiting for Minjoo at the courtyard. The tallest needed to do some last-minute rounds to the different booths to make sure everything was doing alright.

 

Yuri noticed the two girls were a little fidgety which brought concern, "you two okay?"

 

"Huh?"

 

"Yep! Fine! Why?"

 

Yuri stared at the two weirdly and the two exchanged nervous glances, "you sure?"

 

Before the two could answer, Minjoo already arrived at where they were, "hey!" To which Nako and Hitomi jumped at, "Woah, sorry for surprising you."

 

Yuri laughed at her friends and stood up, "let's go? We should head to the dance club's booth first! Since we have Hii with us, maybe we can get a discount!"

 

Minjoo shook her head at the shorter girl before wrapping her arm around Yuri's shoulder, "don't be so cheap, Yuri-ah. Their booth isn't even expensive."

 

The two started walking but the two Japanese girls stayed behind, "guys." Minjoo and Yuri looked at Nako, "yeah?"

 

"I- uh- we-"

 

The two best friends exchanged glances and looked at Nako again, "you okay, Nako?"

 

Nako tried talking again but Hitomi beat her to it, "we're dating."

 

"Huh?"

 

"What?"

 

If it were a different circumstance Hitomi would've laughed at Minjoo and Yuri's expressions but she was too nervous to, "haha, yep."

 

Minjoo snapped out of her shock while Yuri still looked like a surprised hamster, "since when?!"

 

Before they could even answer, Minjoo already interjected, "wait! Nako?! What the hell! I thought you would tell me when you'll confess first?!"

 

The shortest girl dropped her gaze and tried hiding her red cheeks, "Yeah, well it wasn't exactly planned."

 

Yuri finally responded but she faced the tallest girl first, "you knew about this?!"

 

"No! I only knew Nako liked Hitomi, I didn't know Hii liked her back."

 

"I didn't even know Nako liked Hii!"

 

"To be fair, it was obvious, you were just blind."

 

"The hell do you mean blind?!"

 

"Did you not see how Nako looked at Hii?!"

 

Before the two's fight escalated Hitomi decided to intervene, "guys!" The two then looked at the new couple before they finally shut their mouths.

 

"We're sorry for not telling you as soon as possible, we just didn't know how."

 

Minjoo shrugged her shoulders, "I don't really mind, I was just surprised." 

 

But it seems Yuri has a different opinion, "well I mind! How can you do this to us?!"

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter