Chapter 16

Lean on Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Do you think they'll be fine?" Chaewon looked at Minjoo who was next to her while looking at the different booths that were still up. It was already midday so many have packed up such as the activity booths but those serving food and other games are waiting until the day officially ends.

 

Chaewon shrugged, "they'll be fine. They're old enough to know what to do. Besides, this was your plan!"

 

The younger girl smiled while looking forward, "I know. I just don't know if it was right though."

 

This made Chaewon confused, "why?"

 

Minjoo stopped walking and just sat on the nearby bench, to which Chaewon followed. "It's just that, I didn't really want to meddle. But seeing Hyewon-unnie getting distracted all the time then every time I'm talking with Eunbi-unnie she just keeps getting worried. I thought I shouldn't just wait around and watch their relationship crumble.

 

"But now? I thought maybe I took it too far. Maybe I shouldn't have convinced Eunbi-unnie to come here. Maybe there would've been a better time. Maybe-"

 

"Maybe you're overthinking." Chaewon cut off the younger girl and grabbed her hand, "Minjoo-ya, stop worrying. You did great. Didn't you hear Eunbi-unnie's excitement when you called her about the plan? Stop worrying and trust yourself more, alright? You've helped all of them enough."

 

-

 

"What are you doing here?" Hyewon and Eunbi went to the rooftop where Yena and Yuri celebrated their anniversary, "I thought you had an MT?"

 

Eunbi laughed softly at the girl while looking at the entire festival below them, "I thought so too."

 

Hyewon was confused, of course, she was. Eunbi told her clearly she won't be able to come because of the MT her department had, but here she is.

 

"What do you mean? I'm not really complaining, but I thought we already talked about this?" 

 

The older girl nodded her head, "we did. But that doesn't mean I wasn't guilty. I promised you first before they even told me about the MT, so I didn't want to disappoint you any more. So when Minjoo offered a solution, I didn't hesitate to take it."

 

"Minjoo?"

 

Eunbi shook her head while laughing before looking at her girlfriend, "that girl I swear is a living and breathing angel." Hyewon couldn't help but laugh and agree.

 

Kim Minjoo, you're a pain but I love you to death.

 

"What did she do?"

 

"Well, you know her older brother goes to the same university as I do right?" Hyewon nodded her head, "well, apparently he and his department also had an MT but they have a different schedule as ours did. So Minjoo got him to convince their coordinator to bring me along when they were heading home last night. Luckily there was still enough space for me to tag along."

 

This cleared out any confusion Hyewon had left. She finally relaxed and smiled at her girlfriend, "I really didn't want to be in debt to Minjoo than I already am."

 

Eunbi laughed at the younger girl but agreed nonetheless, "yeah, me neither. But here we are."

 

"But you know what, unnie?"

 

Eunbi looked at the taller girl and silently asked what, "I don't mind being in debt with her if she helps me to spend more time with you."

 

-

 

"Ohhhh Ahn Yujin!" Yujin and Wonyoung looked behind them and saw Minjoo and Chaewon with the former grinning at them, "finally had the guts huh?"

 

"Unnie!" The two older girls laughed at the younger ones because they saw how pink they turned due to the teasing.

 

"Ah, Minjoo-unnie!" Wonyoung whined more which only led the two to laugh harder.

 

"Alright, we'll leave you two be. Minjoo shut it." Chaewon tried to calm herself down but the couple could see her trying to suppress her laugh while 'scolding' Minjoo. 

 

Yujin was playfully glaring at two but then it turned into a grin, "Minjoo-unnie you're one to talk." This caused the girl to stop laughing and turned to glare at the taller one.

 

"Shut up, Ahn Yujin. You wouldn't even ask Wonyoung out if it w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter