Chapter 12

Lean on Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The seniors are staying at Yena's house for the night since it's too late to head home anyway. Hyewon and Chaewon were sitting at the park near the Choi household, staring into space while thinking about what is going on in their lives.

 

The older looked at Chaewon but didn't say anything and the latter noticed this, "what?"

 

Hyewon kept silent before facing her front again, "I'm not really in the position to say anything."

 

"Yeah, but so am I. So say your piece and I'll say mine. Deal?"

 

Hyewon didn't say anything for a while before she sighed, "you should talk to her. You heard her, right? She knows you're purposely avoiding her. And you know you're hurting her, so why do so in the first place?

 

"What are you so afraid of?"

 

Chaewon let Hyewon's words sink in. Why is she purposely hurting her best friend? The one who has been there for her every step of the way.

 

"I'm scared."

 

Hyewon waited for Chaewon to finish speaking, scared the latter would close off all over again.

 

"I'm scared because we have less than two months left in high school then we're off to college. Who knows which schools we'll end up in but all the universities we applied for are far from here.

 

"What if it doesn't work out? What if we would just fight all the time? What if-"

 

"What if you'll end up like me and Eunbi-unnie?"

 

Chaewon stared at Hyewon before retracting her gaze, "Chaewon-ah, just because Unnie and I are having tough times, doesn't mean you and Minjoo will too you know?

 

"Plus, what would make you feel better? Hurt Minjoo continually and leave your friendship to rust or do the both of you a favour, get together and work your way through all the bull life throws at you?"

 

The two could hear the crickets at the distance as if mocking them. The sound of the wind pushing the leaves on the trees around softly, reminding them where they are.

 

"It's scary, I know that. Trust me. But it's also worth the shot if that means you'll be happy with the person you love."

 

This made Chaewon freeze up, love? Did she love Minjoo? She knows she does, as a best friend. But why would she be afraid in the first place? Sure she loves Minjoo, but does she love love her?

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter