The Road to Stardom

The Angel Who Saved Her Heart

 

When she got into her room, she could not contain her feelings anymore. She then made a loud shriek. She was feeling giddy everytime he tries to make her laugh. Suddenly, her phone rang. It was Ji Hyun.

“Shin Hye-ya! Yu Mi is going to have a sleepover here in our house tonight. Do you wanna come?”

“Gwaenchanha. I’ll just come next time.”

Yu Mi suddenly grabbed the phone away from Ji Hyun.

“I already knew what happened in your English class earlier. You’re such a lucky girl, Shin Hye-ya! I can’t believe that my friend is dating Jung Yong Hwa! But, aren’t you worried that you will gain many haters?”

She hadn’t thought about that. She suddenly remembered an offer made by Mr. Kim.

“Yeah, you’re right. That is why I’m considering to be a model. There’s this Mr. Kim Dong Joon and approached me earlier…

“Ki…Kim Dong Joon?! The one working at Shin Hwa?!”

“Uh, ne.”

“What did you tell him?”

“I said that I don’t think I can do that.”

“Aish Shin Hye! Shin Hwa is one of the most famous modelling agency here in Korea!”

Ji Hyun snatched the phone back.

“Accept it Shin Hye. This is your opportunity to prove to them that you are the girl that Yong Hwa likes.”

Ji Hyun is right. This is the only way to get her close to the standards of being a celebrity’s girlfriend.

“Arasseo. I’ll think about it.”

“Just do it, Shin Hye-ya! Yu Mi and I are here to support you!”

“Aww. I’m really happy to have great friends like you! I have to go now. Enjoy!”

She dropped the call so that she can call Mr. Kim.

“Annyeong Hasseyo, Mr. Kim. This is Park Shin Hye, the girl you approached earlier in Chung Ang…”

“Yeah I remember you! So did you call me to give me a good news?”

“Ne. I want to try being a model.”

“You’re on the perfect timing! You can start tomorrow. We need a model for a cover of Cosmopolitan’s next issue! Our client said that we have to show them a new face tomorrow, someone who looks fresh, jaw-dropping and hot at the same time!”

“Aren’t we taking it fast Mr. Kim? I’m just a newbie.”

“Ani. Just come here in our office tomorrow, 6pm for your photo shoot.”

“Arasseo. Gamsahamnida Ahjussi.”

 

***

The next day in the morning, Yong Hwa received a phone call from his manager.

“Yong Hwa, We are going to have a dinner meeting with the president of their agency about the upcoming release of CNBLUE’s latest album.”

“But I have already an appointment scheduled tonight.”

“Ya Yong Hwa! Just reschedule it! This is more important.”

Aside from my family, nothing is more important to me than Shin Hye.

“Arasseo. I’ll be there.”

He then called Shin Hye to inform her that their date will be cancelled.

“Jeongmal Mianhae, Shin Hye-ya.”

“It’s ok. I’m actually about to tell you I can’t come too because I have to go somewhere.”

“Wae? What for?”

“It’s something confidential. I can’t tell you, yet.”

“Are you going to meet that rascal Geun Seuk?”

“Ya! Ani! Just trust me on this.”

“Arasseo. Take care Shin Hye. I’ll promise I’ll treat you next time.”

“Take care too Yong Hwa.”

***

The whole campus knew what happened yesterday. Her classmates just can’t help to brag that CNBLUE sang live in front of them for a girl. Unlike yesterday, there are more whispers she can hear in the corridors. She didn’t mind them. All she thinks about at that time was her conversation with Mr. Kim.

“Am I really ready for that? She just whispered to herself.

Luckily, her classes went on normally. She immediately went to the agency to look for Mr. Kim. She reached his office. He welcomed her warmly.

“Welcome to the agency, Ms. Park!”

“Gamsahamnida.”

“Time for work! From now on, I will be your manager. I will personally attend to your commitments in the future.”

They headed towards a room with busy people arranging the set. A lady approached us and talked to Mr. Kim.

“Is she our new model? She really looks so familiar. I think I saw her on Twitter.”

“Mwo? Forget it! Take care of her for now. Make her look what our client wants.”

“Yes, Mr. Kim!”

“Annyeong! I’m Han Jin Ju! I’m going to be your stylist.”

“Park Shin Hye, imnida. Nice to meet you.”

And so they went to the dressing room and put her make-up, a strong one. She indeed look smoldering in her look—red lipstick, burning eyes, and hair messed up.

“Perfect! Now for your clothes… Here! Wear this!

She is now ready for her photo shoot. Manager Kim and the rest of the crew couldn’t help but turn their heads when she passed by them.

“Omo! You look absolutely gorgeous! Ready for the photo shoot?” Manager Kim asked with eyes open wide.

“Uhm. Yeah.” She just answered him shyly.

“Oh c’mon Shin Hye! Don’t be nervous. All you have to do is look at the camera, and say, “I am a MODEL. I can do this because I’m more than beautiful enough.” Don’t let anyone take you away from that moment. Don’t let your inhibitions drown you.” her manager is trying his best to encourage his newly found talent.

She let out a heavy sigh. She stepped onto the set and looked at the camera. She then started to try different poses with boldness. The moment suddenly felt magic. It made her feel like she is a star—that it was the moment Manager Kim was talking about. Everyone was blown away by her superb modelling skills.

“She really looked different the moment she started to do her pose. She is just… WOW!” Jin Ju-ssi told the crew beside her. He nodded and said,

“Yeah, she is really.. stunning!”

“Alright everyone, that’s a wrap! Daebak! Job well done especially to Park Shin Hye-ssi.”

Everyone clapped their hands for Shin Hye.

Mr. Kim felt he really made the right decision of asking her to be a model.