The Truth

The Angel Who Saved Her Heart

 

“Where’d I put my ID? Guess today is really my lucky day.” Shin Hye said in disbelief before entering the campus. Good thing the security guard let her in because he knows most of the students in the school.

She can hear a lot of gossips in the corridors about what happened last night.

“She’s one lucky girl! I envy her so much.” one of her schoolmates said.

“Too bad our Yong Hwa is already taken. Well, truthfully, she has the standards.” said the other with a sigh.

While walking inattentively, a man who is dressed in a suit like a clerk approached her.

“Excuse me, can I ask you something?”

“May I help you, Ahjussi?”

“How did you do that?”

“What?”

“You know, look so good?”

“Mwo? Me?”

“You know what? You’re exactly what we need. You can be a commercial model. My name is Kim Dong Joon. I’m working as a talent scout for Shin Hwa Modeling Agency. Our previous talents were Eun Yoon Hye, Song Hye Kyo, Lee Da Hae, Kim Tae Hee and Jun Ji Hyun.”

“Mianhae. I don’t think I have the confidence to do that.”

“C’mon! Didn’t I see on the cover of Vogue?”

“Andwae. You must have mistaken me for someone else.”

“Then let’s make it happen! Here’s my calling card. Call me if you changed your mind. See you!”

***

LUNCH TIME.

Yu Mi and Ji Hyun can’t wait to interrogate their friend about what happened last night.

“You have to tell us everything, Shin Hye! Give us the details, NOW!” Yu Mi is really excited to know what happened after the incident.

“Mianhae Shin Hye-ya, we weren’t able to fight for you last night. Gwaenchasumnikka?” Ji Hyun still feels concerned for Shin Hye’s feelings.

“I’m ok now. I’m so stupid for not knowing that he is the leader of CNBLUE. I’m sure a lot of girls are bashing me right now.”

“On the contrary, mostly don’t. Thanks to us because you look really smoldering last night that’s why they are quite intimidated. But they really envy you.” said the know-it-all Yu Mi.

“Is it true you’re really going out with him? Ya Shin Hye! You’re really great! He is able to fall for your charms in just one night!” Ji Hyun teases her.

“Ani. He only said that to save me from Geun Seuk’s badmouthing.”

“Looks like our Shin Hye already found her Knight in Shining Shimmering Armor!” Ji Hyun continues to .

“Yu Mi is right. He’s an angel. He saved me twice yesterday. Will there be more to come? I hope so. I hope to see him again. I felt comfortable when I’m with him” Shin Hye thought to herself.

Ji Hyun and Yu Mi joined forces in teasing Shin Hye when her phone suddenly rang.

“Yeobeoseo?”

“I know I don’t have a chance, but I just wanted to hear an angel talk.”

“Mwo? Who is this?”

“Hello Shin Hye. How’s your head? Feeling ok now?”

It was a man’s voice.

“Uhm, gwaenchanha.” she answered the person in the other line absentmindedly.

She suddenly realized the voice. She can’t be wrong.

“Ju-jung Yong Hwa-ssi? How did you get my number?” She sounded really awkward.

The two other girls are eavesdropping at their conversation and let out a loud shriek.

“Stop addressing me ssi. After what happened last night, You could’ve called me your Jagiya. Don’t worry, I won’t be angry. ”

He let out a lame laugh.

“I know I'm not a grocery item but I can tell when you're checking me out. Quit it.”

“Wae? You left your ID in my car and I saw your number there. Don’t you want your ID back?”

“Of course I do! I cannot always beg for our guard to let me enter. Aish!”

“Throw me some line first.”

“Mwo? Why would I do that?”

“I have your ID, remember?”

“Ya! Ara. What can kill pests?”

“PestiCIDE.”

“What can kill insects?”

“InsectiCIDE.”

“What can kill me?”

“…What?”

“Without you by my SIDE!

And there was silence.

“Satisified?”

And the two girls shrieked even louder.

“Jinja?” He started to believe her again.

“Ani. I just did what you told me. I just want my ID back. Let’s meet somewhere.”

“Where are you right now? I’ll give it back to you.”

“Mwo? Ani. I’m afraid you can’t. I’m in school right now. Let’s meet where there are only few people.”

“Wae? You want to do something bad to me? You’re gonna me, or something? Ya Shin Hye! We just met yesterday and you want to hit on me now? You’re a wild girl!” He let out a big laugh. She couldn’t believe he said that.

“WHAT??! No way! It’s not what you think. I said that because I already know you are a… Ya! Why didn’t you tell me you’re CNBLUE’s band leader? I really feel stupid right now, you know?” She tries to dominate the conversation.

“Well, I just find the situation cute. Yeah, cute. I didn’t know you really don’t know my identity. I thought you are just faking it so that we can get closer. Looks like I’m wrong.”

“Well, you’re TOTALLY wrong Yong Hwa-ssi! Why do you think I would do that?! Aish. I guess I have been archaic when it comes to showbiz issues because I’m so preoccupied about my studies.”

“Mianhae, Shin Hye-ya, for making you feel like that. I’ll promise I’ll make it up to you. Where exactly are you right now?”

“Ya! I already told you that we’ll meet somewhere.”

“Too late. We are already inside your campus.”

“Mwo? But I still have a class to attend to.”

“It’s ok. We didn’t forget to have our disguise.”

“Just stroll around first. I’ll see you after it’s done.”

“Arasseo. I’ll wait for you.”

Shin Hye dropped the call.

I’ll wait for you even if it takes me forever.

Wait a second! Did he just say WE?!”