The Parents

The Angel Who Saved Her Heart

 

Five days have passed but a lot of things happened. Shin Hye’s parents finally came home after their out-of-town meeting. She told everything about what happened. Her parents couldn’t believe it all happened in just a matter of days. She prepared tea for them to drink.

“How was your trip Eomma, Appa? Gwaenchasumnikka?” She asked happily.

“Gwaenchanha. How about you? Are you really over with that Geun Seuk? Aish! I knew he’s gonna do nothing good to you.”

After all, Mr. Park is still Shin Hye’s father. He wouldn’t let his daughter be in misery for stupid reasons… and people.

“It’s ok Appa. He already apologized to me and I felt that he really is sincere.”

“Oh well. It looks like our little princess has grown into a lady. You’ve really changed a lot—for the better. Before, you don’t even want to look at the camera. But look at you here! You look really professional! Surely, a lot of guys are fantasizing her right now after seeing this cover of yours! Hahahaha.”

Shin Hye was being teased by his Appa who is holding the magazine. He couldn’t believe that his daughter can do great in pictures.

“Appa… you’re making me feel uncomfortable…”

“C’mon. I’m just a proud father over here.”

“You’re Appa is right. Our pretty duckling has already turned into a beautiful swan. So, when are we going to meet your new jagiya?”

Shin Hye’s eomma sounds really protective of her one and only child.

“Actually, he’s coming here in a few minutes to join us for dinner. I already told him that you just came back from your trip.”

They heard the doorbell rang. Shin Hye volunteered to go check it out.

“Let me get that. I’m sure that’s him.”

It was indeed Yong Hwa. He brought fruits for her parents. He is quite nervous.

“Gwaenchanha. Everything’s going to be fine. It’s not as if they’re gonna bite you are something.”

Shin Hye tries to cheer him up. It was time to face his jagiya’s parents.

“Annyeong hasseyo. Jung Yong Hwa imnida.”

“You are such a very polite man. Feel at home. Thank you for these fresh fruits.” Yong Hwa was warmly welcomed by Mrs. Park.

Unlikely his wife, Mr. Park started scrutinizing Yong Hwa right away with numerous questions.

“Do your parents already know about your relationship with Shin Hye? What was their reaction? Have you introduced her formally to them? You are a celebrity, right? How can you guarantee that you can protect her from your haters and the like? Do you really love our daughter? You knew she is our only daughter, right?...”

“Stop it Appa… you’re scaring him.”

Indeed, Mr. Park was quite a good interrogator. Yong Hwa understands where he is coming from. He just loves Shin Hye so much he makes sure his daughter is in good hands. He answered his questions politely one by one.

“I already told them about it. My parents are currently living in Busan so they haven’t personally met Shin Hye. But I told them that Shin Hye is smart, talented and kind-hearted because she is well raised by her parents. I am truly deeply in love with your daughter, Mr. Park. There is no way I can let anybody hurt her, not even me. She is only one who made me feel this way. My love for her is definitely no less than yours.”

Shin Hye’s eomma heard the whole conversation and was deeply moved by Yong Hwa’s words. She whispered to her daughter,

“What can I say, Shin Hye-ya? I guess you already have the right one for you.”

“Eomma, How can you say that when you only met him today for the first time? Seems like you are having a bias for him.”

“I know so. Mother knows best!”

And so was her Appa. He was very satisfied with his answers.

“You are such a truthful guy, I know you can take care of my daughter. From now on, you can treat us your Appa and Eomma since you have no parents here in Seoul.”

Yong Hwa couldn’t believe what he heard.

“Ji-jinja?! Gamsahamnida, Mr. Park! I mean… Appa! Gamsahamnida, Eomma!”

“Congratulations Yong Hwa! You passed the intense cross examination!” Shin Hye teased Yong Hwa.

“Phew! I’m glad I made it! Hahahaha.” That was a big relief for him indeed.

What a wonderful dinner for the Parks—including Yong Hwa. He and Shin Hye were really happy that her parents warmly accepted their relationship.

 

A/N: It’s almost the end guys. Only one chapter to go. Hope you will hang onto this until the very end.  T.T