The Declaration of Love

The Angel Who Saved Her Heart

 

“Why did you bring us here, hyung? Not to mention with our instruments. My beat box is really heavy, you know? I’m really hungry. There’s this cafeteria over there named Seulkimaru…” Min Hyuk said with boredom.

“I’ll treat you later Min Hyuk, promise. But not here. Someone might blow our cover.”

Yong Hwa couldn’t wait any longer so he tried to contact his childhood friend Lee Hong Ki, who is also studying in the same university with Shin Hye. He is taking up Psychology.

“Annyeong, Hong Ki-ya! Long time no talk!”

“You only call me when you need something. What is it?”

“Do you know a student named Park Shin Hye? She is also studying in Chung Ang.”

“Oh yeah. She’s one of the dean’s lister in the Economics department. Wae?...  Ah! She’s the one in the news! Keke.”

“I’ll tell you some other time. Do you, by any chance, know where her class is right now?”

“Hmm. I think she’s on her way to her English class. I’m also taking up English and her class schedule is before mine. Go to Seorabol Hall, the one next to Law Hall, second floor, and fourth door from the left.”

“Thanks. I’ll buy you ice cream when we see each other, ok? Bye!”

He didn’t wait for his friend to bid goodbye.

“Jong Hyun, Jung Shin, Min Hyuk. Get ready for plan B! We’ll go straight to her classroom now.”

“Mwo? We don’t even have plan A!” Jong Hyun shot him with a confused look.

“I initially wanted us to serenade her at the Emancipation Square... but then I thought that a lot of people will be able to notice us and that would give me no time to confess to her.”

“J-jinja? But aren’t you taking it too fast?” Jung Shin was warning him.

“Life is too short to be wasted by thinking like that. Who knows? She might be the one for me. Every minute passing by means running out of opportunities. Besides, she’s too beautiful to be single for a long time. Might as well be me who’s gonna be her next jagiya.”

***

“What can I say, Ms. Park! You look very different today. Your face is glowing. And you dress womanly today. Was it for the singer?”

She couldn’t believe her sonssaengnim also heard about it.

“Ah, ani. I just feel comfortable wearing like this right now.”

While her professor is discussing about the novel of Romeo and Juliet, someone knocked at the door.

“Keep reading, class. Wait for a second.”

The professor went to talk to the person who disturbed her class.

“Mianhae, sonssaengnim. Can I excuse Shin Hye for a second? I just want to give her some present.”

“After disturbing my class? Huh! You can’t.”

Before he could persuade her, she snapped him.

“What are you waiting for? Go inside now. 15 minutes, so hurry up!”

Yong Hwa was shocked when he heard those words from the professor. He immediately regained himself and entered the classroom.

“Mianhae sonssaengnim and students. We would just like to sing you a song. It’s not yet released so you are the first ones who will hear this song. This is the acoustic version. Here it goes.”

The class went on riot when they realized they are going to see CNBLUE perform live, for free. Everyone was screaming at the top of their lungs. Shin Hye is just sitting silently at the back in total surprise.

“What is he trying to do? This is really getting serious.” she whispered to herself.

The professor closed the door so that they won’t be able to catch the other classes’ attention.

“Non Naege Banhaesso.”

Uyeonhido geureohke uri shijakdwennabwa
Cheoeumen sarangil kkeorago
Kkumedo mollanneunde
Geuge sarangiljuriya

Shijangi mak jakkuman dugeundugeun georigo
Nalbomyeon misoman heureugo
Nimamdo moreuge nal
Saranghage dwengeoya

Neo naege banhaesseo banhaesseo
Dalkkomhan nae sarange noga beoryeosseo
Neo naege banhaesseo banhaesseo
Hwangholhan nae nunbiche chwihae beoryeosseo

See my eyes
Neon naege ppajyeosseo OH
See my eyes
Neo naege banhaesseo OH

Sarangeun neul gabjagi unmyeong cheoreom onabwa
Eoneunal chajaon sonagi
Cheoreom nal jeoksyeo nohgo
Geuge sarangil juriya
[ Lyrics from: http://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/j/jung_yong_hwa/youve_fallen_for_me.html ]
Nungamado jakkuman mundeukmundeuk tteoolla
Ppalgaejin eolgureul bolttaemyeon
Nimamdo moreuge nal
Saranghage dwengeoya

Neo naege banhaesseo banhaesseo
Dalkkomhan nae sarange noga beoryeosseo
Neo naege banhaesseo banhaesseo
Hwangholhan nae nunbiche chwihae beoryeosseo

See my eyes
Neon naege ppajyeosseo OH
See my eyes
Neo naege banhaesseo OH

Nado neol saranghae saranghae
Ije neol saranghanda gobaekhal geoya
Nado neol saranghae saranghae
Naemami saranghanda malhago isseo

See your eyes
Naman barabwajweo OH
See your eyes
Nan neoreul saranghae

(See my eyes)
I shigani jinado yeongweonhi
(See my eyes)
Nado moreuge neon naege banhaesseo

Yong Hwa went straight to Shin Hye to give her a bouquet of three-dozen roses and her ID.

“So there you are! I've been looking all over for YOU, the woman of my dreams! Ha..ha..”

He let out a lame laugh. He suddenly felt nervous. It was his first time doing this to a girl.

“ I uh… sang that song because that’s what you did to me Shin Hye. I… I just met you yesterday but it feels like we’ve known each other for years.”

She just sat there, speechless.

“Can I… uh… court you?”

And the class got even wilder than ever. Everyone is shouting for a YES! Shin Hye took the flowers and her ID. Her heartbeat became faster.

“But Yong Hwa, you knew I just broke up with my boyfriend yesterday, right?”

“I know. That’s why I’m here—to let you know that I’m willing to help you pick up the pieces of your broken heart.”

She was moved by his words. She blushed. It was her first time hearing someone confessed to her like that. Geun Seuk never surprised her. He rarely tells her how he feels for her.

“Geun Seuk never made me feel this way.” She thought, putting her two hands on her chest. Her heart was racing faster. Her blush was redder than ever.

“Is this really a habit of yours? Blushing?”

“Mwo?”

And the crowd laughed, including Jong Hyun, Min Hyuk and Jung Shin.

“So, does this mean a yes?”

She had a long pause before answering.

“Ne.”

The class cheered and so was her sonssaengnim. She suddenly spoke,

“Too much of the declaration of love! Go now Ms. Park. Date him! I won’t mark you absent if that’s what you are worrying. You look really good together. When you are with each other, you’re like Nescafe, the coffee brand.”

“Why?” The class went silent because they became curious.

“Every moment’s perfect.”

The crowd let out a big “Aww.” They didn’t know that their professor knows how to throw mushy pick-up lines.