The Scene

The Angel Who Saved Her Heart

 

The guy suddenly changed the topic.

“I don’t see a single reason why you’re boyfriend broke up with you. You’re gorgeous to be taken for granted by your ex.”

“Ya! Don’t say that! You make me feel uncomfortable right now. You don’t know me.”

“Mianhae but I’m just telling the truth. If I were him, I would always take you on dates.”

She blushed again.

“Are you hitting on me?” Shin Hye couldn’t believe she uttered those words.

“Wae? What will you do If I do?” He just smirked.

“Give me two bottles of beer please.” she tries to snap him.

She gave the other one to him but he refused. She grabbed the bottle and knocked back her drink.

“Whoa! Take it easy. I won’t snatch your drink away.” The guy said with concern.

She felt the kick of the alcohol in her stomach but she didn’t mind. Suddenly she felt a little dizzy. She’s starting to get tipsy.

“I’m ok. I can even stand up straight.”

She stood but only lasted for three seconds. When she was about to fall, the guy suddenly grabbed her waist to save her and said.

“Maybe not.”

She laughed but suddenly felt dejected after seeing someone entered the bar with arms on one shoulder of a hot girl.

“Hey, Erika! Want me to grab you some drinks?”

“Sure”, the girl said and gave him a deep kiss.

“Geun Seuk? How could you?” She said to herself.

“Is there something wrong?” the guy beside her asked worriedly.

Before she could answer, Geun Seuk walked towards her and confronted her,

“You’re drunk and you look really miserable. Of all places you can go, why here? Do you really want me to get embarrassed even more?! You are unbelievable. We’re over and nothing’s gonna change my mind.”

The people at the bar became curious at the increasing tension.

“Mian..

She was about to burst out crying but then the guy answered for her,

“Who says she begging for you to come back? She just drank a few drinks but she’s fine. She’s with me. I’m his new boyfriend.”

The crowd was in shock when they turned to the guy who just spoke. After quite some time, There go clicking sounds and flashing lights.

“Mwo? Boyfriend? Huh! You don’t know who you are dating! She’s a geek! Well, goodluck!”

The guy was about to put his fist on Geun Seuk’s face when Shin Hye stopped him.

“Stop it. I’ll just go if that’s what you want.”

She left the room fighting back her tears. She didn’t know that the guy followed her.

“Wae? Why are you still here? Go back inside. Mianhae, I caused you trouble. You shouldn’t have done that. All he said were true. Stop mingling with people like me” Shin Hye said. She was deeply sorry for the guy because he was dragged to her fight with Geun Seuk.

“Mianhae? Is it the only word you know? Why do you keep on feeling sorry for yourself? He was the one who should apologize.” The guy suddenly raised his voice.

“I could have broken his teeth if only you didn’t stop me. He deserves that. He thinks too highly of himself.” he added.

“Gwaenchanha. Mian..” She remembered that saying sorry once again might trigger his temper.

“Where do you live? I’ll take you home.”

“I’m fine. I can go home by myself.”

“You’re tipsy. Besides, It’s getting late. It’s already 1am. Some drunkard in the street might do something bad to you.”

“But… Ya! What are you doing?”

He carried her in his shoulder and went straight to his shining black Hummer parked outside the bar.