The Guy

The Angel Who Saved Her Heart

 

“And we came on time. Congratulations to us, ladies!” Ji Hyun excitedly entered the bar with Shin Hye and Yu Mi behind her.

“Looks like a lot of CNBLUE fans know that their idols are going to sing here!” Yu Mi exclaimed.

“Ne.” Shin Hye answered with boredom.

She has never been to these kinds of places before—flashing lights, loud music, people dancing and drinking like there’s no tomorrow.

They went straight to the bartender to get some drinks.

“A shot of Scotch please.”

“Tequila for me.”

Shin Hye took awhile to order something for herself.

“Mine is just a glass of water.”

“Mwo? Water?! We didn’t go here to drink some water.” Yu Mi told her with a darting look.

“She’s right Shin Hye. I’ll just order for you. Hey bartender! Give her a glass of medium vodka dry Martini.” Ji Hyun suggested.

“A toast for Shin Hye’s broken heart! Cheers! ” Yu Mi said at the top of her lungs.

“Cheers!”, added the two.

“Bottoms up!” said Ji Hyun.

“If Geun Seuk sees you right now, I bet he’s gonna come crawling back for you.” she added.

“Ya! Don’t talk about the guy who made our friend feel miserable! He’s good-for-nothing!” Yu Mi said in rage.

While the three are busy chit-chatting, two hot guys approached Shin Hye and asked her to dance.

“Annyeong! I’m Lee Jae Kyung  and this is my friend Kim Jung Soo. Want to dance?” giving her a wink.

“Park Shin Hye imnida. Mianhae. I just wanted to stay here for awhile. Take my friends Yu Mi and Ji Hyun instead.”

“Are you sure Shin Hye?” Yu Mi worriedly asked her friend.

“Ne. I’m fine. I am not comfortable dancing with strangers.” She carefully whispered at her.

“Then, we’ll leave you for now. Just call us if something goes wrong. Arasseo?” Ji Hyun told Shin Hye also with a worried look, but deep inside her, she really wanted to dance the moment she set foot to the bar.

The two girls went with their partners to the center of the dance floor while Shin Hye gently sips her drink alone. Little did she know, the guy sitting beside her was listening to her conversation with her friends earlier. He looked at her and said,

“You look familiar.”

“Mwo? Me?” Shin Hye can’t believe another guy is talking to her.

“You look like my next girlfriend.” He said confidently.

And she blushed.

“Mianhae. I just broke up with my boyfriend. I don’t think I’m ready for another relationship.” She said apologetically.

The guy laughed. He can’t believe she bought his joke.

“Nah I’m just trying to make you laugh. You look so tensed. “

Shin Hye felt embarrassed.

“Oh. Mianhae.” is all she could say and gave out a sigh.

“Maybe you’re just tired. ‘Cause you kept running on my mind.”

“You’re funny. What time is it?” Shin Hye told him with a smirk.

“Wae? You’re on a curfew?”

“Ani. So that I’ll remember when I started to fall for you.”

“Jinja?” He sounded believing her.

“Ani. I’m also kidding.” Shin Hye said forcing to hide the laughter.

“If you’re a ball, I won’t be able to shoot you.” He tries to give it another shot.

“Cause you’ll keep on missing me? Nice try but I already know that.” Shin Hye said happily.

“We can burn this bar down, you know that?” The guy looks at Shin Hye as if telling her she doesn’t know the answer.

“Why?” She asked curiously.

“Cause we are a MATCH made in heaven! Hahahaha!”

And they both laughed.