The Issue after the Scene

The Angel Who Saved Her Heart

 

When they arrived at the front of Shin Hye’s house,

“A lot of things happened tonight. Yet we still don’t know each other’s names. Jung Yong Hwa-imnida.”

“I’m Park Shin Hye. Thanks for the ride home. Gomawo.” She answered with sincerity.

He couldn’t believe the nothingness in her reaction. He then realized that she got the slightest clue who he really is.

“She really doesn’t know me. Tsk. Looks like this is going to be interesting.” He thought to himself.

He gave her a soft kiss in her left cheek. As expected, she blushed. He smiled.

“I’ll take my leave now. I hope to see you again.”

“Take care. Drive safely.”

***

CNBLUE wasn’t able to start on-time because the lead vocalist is missing in action. So as not to disappoint their fans even more, Min Hyuk decided to perform “Star”. He chose that to loosen up the ambience at the bar after what happened.

Haneure bitnadon byori
Jo molli bitnadon byori
Ne mame neryowannabwa

Gaseume segyojin byori
Gaseume bitnadon byori
Ama noin-got gata

Ttollineun soriga deullini
O star
Tteugoun simjangeul neukkini
Yo my star ~

Aju oren mon yetnalbuto na kkumkkwowatdon sarangi
Noin-gol ara
Onjena hamkke hejwo

Aju oren siganeul-lodo
Neul gateun jarieso bitnajugil
Nemam noegeman billyojulge

Gaseume segyojin byori
Gaseume bitnadon byori
Ama noin-got gata

Ttollineun soriga deullini
O star
Tteugoun simjangeul neukkini
Yo my star ~

Aju oren mon yetnalbuto na kkumkkwowatdon sarangi
Noin-gol ara
Onjena hamkke hejwo

Aju oren siganeul-lodo
Neul gateun jarieso bitnajugil
Nemam noegeman julge

Nimamsoge segyojin byoldo
Nimamsok bitnadon byoldo
Naege marhe yongwonhi nol saranghe

Nemam noman barabolgoya
Tto nodo namaneul barabwa julle
Uri soroye byori dwe~ jugil

 

***

The scene earlier was witnessed by the people in the bar, including the Boices, Ji Hyun and Yu Mi. They felt mixed emotions for Shin Hye.

“Geun Seuk is really evil. I wonder how Shin Hye fell for a guy like him! I could have slapped him if only Jung Soo didn’t stop me.” Ji Hyun felt enraged.

“But don’t you think this is a blessing in disguise? She’s gonna be fine. She’s with “the Jung Yong Hwa, remember? He wouldn’t do anything that would ruin his career. Eeeeee!! He’s far way better than Geun Seuk!” Yu Mi felt giddy just by thinking that her friend is now gonna be dating a celebrity.

***

Yong Hwa arrived at the bar that is about to close. Min Hyuk and Jung Shin are about to get in Jong Hyun’s silver convertible BMW but then they saw their hyung.

“We knew what happened, hyung. She’s one gorgeous chick!” Min Hyuk said.

“I got her first.” Yong Hwa told Min Hyuk with a smirk.

“Hyung-nim, where’d you go? The fans were about to start a riot. Good thing Min Hyuk was able to cover for you.” Jung Shin inquired.

“Mianhae. I took her home. I was worried something will happen to her on the way.”

“Looks like someone just got lovestrucked!” Jong Hyun came out of nowhere.

“Looks like it. Surprisingly, she doesn’t have any clue right now who I am which is… a good thing.”

“Mwo? Well, not until tomorrow. I saw one of our paparazzi inside earlier. I bet he’s already busy writing for his scoop.” Jong Hyun really feels concerned about his friend.

“Well, so be it. I’m ready for any consequences. After all, she’s worth it. She’s just soft and fragile. I really wanted to take care of her. I think I have fallen for her the moment my eyes caught sight of her.” Yong Hwa must have been really saying the truth. He has never been mushy like this; not until he met Shin Hye.

“Whoa Yong Hwa-hyung, you’re really starting to show your other side, eh? I didn’t know you can be as mushy as that. No matter what, we’re here to support you.” Min Hyuk teases Yong Hwa and is hinting the other two to also.

“Let’s call this a day—a wonderful one.” Yong Hwa cut them off and headed to his car. The three went to Jong Hyun’s car.

While he was driving, he realized she must have accidentally dropped her school ID with a contact number in it.

“Chung Ang University. Hmm. Looks like I’m gonna see you too soon.” He smirked to himself.

 

***

The next day, Shin Hye woke up late for school. Good thing her parents were on an out-of-town meeting with a client. They are both corporate lawyers who are paid handsomely. They could have scolded her for going home late and waking up late.

“Aish! I really hate hang-overs!”

She suddenly looked at the mirror. She’s still wearing the dress they bought last night.

“My friends are right. I need to have some fun. I’ll start by how I dress.”

She settled for a strapless floral dress which she covered with a black cardigan. After all, she still doesn’t want to show much skin. She also wears contact lenses now instead of her thick glasses.

Her phone vibrated. She was surprised when she opened it. It was from Yu Mi.

“Shin Hye-ya, you’re now a celebrity! Your face is all over the news and the internet!”

She the TV and became even more surprised when she saw an ambush interview with Yong Hwa with a headline,

“CNBLUE leader, Jung Yong Hwa is Confirmed Dating a Non-Showbiz Girl”

Interviewer: What is Seo Hyun’s reaction, your “on-screen wife”, after she saw the pictures?

Yong Hwa: I don’t know. I don’t see the need for her comment on this. WGM has been over for a long time. I wasn’t able to keep in touch with her ever since.

Interviewer: Are you really dating the girl? Tell us about her, please.

The interviewer points at the pictures taken last night.

Yong Hwa: Well, all I can say is that she’s special to me and I don’t want her to feel uneasy right now because of the pictures spreading all over different social networking sites. I would just like to keep it as a private matter, for now. Gomawo. Mianhae, I have to go.

She turned it off and blushed. Her heartbeat started to raise like never before. She then cursed herself.

“Special?... A private matter? But I already feel uneasy right now! I’m so stupid! Aish! I didn’t know I was with a celebrity. Shin Hye Babo! Why didn’t he tell me earlier? OHYMYGOD. What should I do? I don’t feel like going to school right now.”

But then she remembered to pass a term paper in her English class which she finished last week.

“Uh-oh. Looks like this is going to be a long day for me.” She thought.