The Unexpected

The Angel Who Saved Her Heart

 

Yong Hwa with his bandmates and Manager Joo, on the other hand, was busy in a meeting with the president of FNC, CNBLUE’s talent agency.

“Since you are going to release another album, I have already thought that Non Naege Banhaesso will be your carrier single.”

All of them just nodded, letting the manager continued his proposal.

“For greater publicity, I would like you to make a music video for it. I’ve decided that Yong Hwa will play the male lead since he sang the song.  I personally picked the female lead who’s gonna be working alongside with you. She has become popular due to her gorgeous face. You already know her and I’ve heard in different fan sites that you really have the chemistry. They even made a separate website named “YH&SH in LOVE”. I hope you will treat her with great courtesy.”

Yong Hwa shot his manager with a confused look. “Female lead?”

 “Of course! Your song is about falling for a girl right? The storyline is still on the works.

Yong Hwa then realized something.

Omo! It can’t be! Don’t tell me it’s….Seo Hyun.

 “I liked it. Do it as soon as possible.” The president of their agency was satisfied at the manager’s proposal.

 “Whoa! Looks like someone will have to explain something to his girl.. Ha ha ha…” Jong Hyun said with a grin looking at Yong Hwa.

***

Shin Hye woke up late again for school. She was so tired after the photo shoot. As promised, she still dressed herself femininely, though she had to do it in a jiffy. She just put a light make-up on herself.

While entering the campus, people are looking at her, scrutinizing her face, her features. After a long stare, she could see the confirmation in their eyes. Finally, a girl who looks like a freshman, dared to approach her and said,

“Annyeong Eonni! You look really beautiful in Cosmopolitan’s latest issue! Can you sign this for me?”

She was shocked when she saw the magazine. Manager Kim didn’t tell her that the magazine will be released the next day.

Maybe he forgot to tell me.

“Uh.. Ne. Sure. Gomawo.”

“Gamsahamnida.”

Several people followed what the freshie did. While signing each and every one’s copy, she heard whispers not very far from her.

“She really is a perfect match for Yong Hwa oppa.”

“Aish! How could she look so beautiful in magazine and in person?”

“No wonder why he fell for her.”

Speaking of which, she got a phone call from Yong Hwa.

“If beauty were time, you’d be eternity… Ya! Why didn’t you tell me you’re going to be on Cosmopolitan?”

“Ah.. Aniyo. It’s just that I didn’t know it was going to be released earlier than expected. It’s a long story.”

“I have all the time to listen.”

And she told him what happened—the photo shoot, the autographs, the gossips.

“Don’t worry, I’m here. You’ll get used to it. Aish! I’m afraid Geun Seuk will come back for you after seeing this and you’ll accept him again, leaving me hurt behind.”

He said jokingly. But then deep inside him, he wanted to know Shin Hye’s reaction.

“Mwo? Maldo Andwae! Ya! What do you think of me? Am I that easy to get?”

“Mianhae. I’m just teasing you. But kidding aside, I’m really proud of you, Shin Hye-ya!”

“Gomawo. So this is how it feels to be… famous, eh? Must be really hard for you Yong Hwa.”

“It’s ok. As long as you are with me, everything just feels so easy.”

“Ya! Don’t tell me you’re blushing!? Hahaha.”

He guessed it right. She’s really blushing.

“I also have to tell you something Shin Hye. I was chosen to act as the male lead in our latest music video for Non Naege Banhaesso, the song I sang for you, remember?”

“Oh, well then, it must be a good news! But why do you sound anxious?”

“The female lead is not yet decided but most probably it will be Seo Hyun…“

She didn’t answer for a while. She felt a slight jealousy but then she knew it was part of his work.

“Ah.. Ji-jinja? Gwaenchanha. Don’t worry about me.”

“Are you sure?”

“Of course. We’re still not together, remember? I don’t see the reason to demand you not to work with her. Besides, even if we are together, I understand that it is part of your work.”

They suddenly felt the awkwardness between the two of them.

“Gomawo… for understanding my work.”

“Oh, no problem. Take care. Bye.”

“Bye. I’ll just call you again later, arasseo?”

“Ok.”

When she dropped the call, she realized someone is standing behind her.

“Shin Hye-ya.”

She turned around. Her eyes widened. It was Geun Seuk.

“Geu… Geun Seuk. Long time... no see.”

She gave her a weak smile. It was enough for him to know that she’s not comfortable with his presence.

“I saw the magazine and… you looked really perfect… perfectly fine.”

He was acting strange. Shin Hye didn’t know how to act normal in front of her ex.

“Ah… uh… Gomawo. Mianhae, I think I have to go…”

“Wait! I.. I just wanted to say sorry for what I did.”

She was about to go but then she turned around when she heard the word SORRY.

“Mwo?”

“For all the bad things I told you—for hurting your feelings. Jeongmal mianhae Shin Hye-ya.”

She couldn’t believe he uttered those words. She knew it was hard for Geun Seuk to say sorry to anyone, even to her during those times when they were together. She felt a relief. Her smile became more natural. She loosens up.

“It’s ok. I’m fine now. Apology Accepted. It’s a good thing I didn’t find it hard to move on because Yong Hwa was there for me. Gomawo.”

“I think… I should be the one thanking you since you accepted my apology. “

“Ani. I also wanted to thank you for apologizing. It gave me a relief—a peace of mind. Because of you, I improved myself so that the next person who’s gonna love me will not regret his decision.”

“Shin Hye-ya, I hope we can start from the way we were… Can we get back together as lovers?”

“Uhmm… Mianhae Geun Seuk. I think… I already have someone in my heart.”

“Is it Jung… Yong Hwa-ssi?”

There was silence. Geun Seuk let out a heavy sigh and smiled.

“I get it. I guess silence means yes. I wish happiness for you both. If only I could turn back time…”

“Don’t say that Geun Seuk. Everything happens for a reason. I guess we’re not just really meant for each other. I hope you find the right one for you. Can we just go back being… friends?”

She extended her hand. Geun Seuk did the same.

“Friends.”