Chapter 2

Free Delivery!

Baekhyun forcefully removes Dr. Oh’s hand on his mouth. “If you put your hands on my mouth again, I’m going to it.” He inhales and exhales in full force as he catches his breath after what the obstetrician had done to him.


 

“ but unhygienic, is that what you prefer Dr. Byun?" Sehun snorts as he washes his hand from the hand sanitizer he pulled out from his pocket. 


 

Baekhyun squawks at Sehun’s reply and is about to rebut when he’s cut off with Jongin’s question. “What are you doing here?” He hesitantly looks at Sehun. If Jongin is a puppy, his ears are droopy with his tail hiding behind him by now. 


 

Sehun smiles cockily and rests a hand on his hips. “Because I’m sick and tired of you running away from me and to Dr. Byun whose always reasoning that you have diarrhea, that’s why I can’t see you.”


 

Jongin huffs in annoyance. “Baekhyun!” He flushes in red because of embarrassment brought by his best friend. It can be a busy schedule or that he is absent, why does diarrhea have to be involved in it. He curses his best friend's colorful mind.


 

“What, did I do anything wrong?” His best friend sarcastically replies. Before he can say anything that jeopardizes Jongin’s situation right now. He clears his throat. “I have to go back, I kind of left my patient hanging.” 


 

He’s about to leave the room when he stops on his steps. “And I think it’s Jongin’s lunchtime, he’s been craving for that ramen a few blocks away, I think you know where that is, Dr. Oh.” Baekhyun winks at Jongin and positions his two fingers on his eyes and points it to Sehun intently, He just gave him the ‘I am watching you’ gesture. 


 

When Baekhyun finally leaves the room, Jongin pouts and releases a heavy sigh. 


 

Sehun, a bit alarmed with Jongin’s expression, slowly puts his hand on Jongin’s hair and it gently. It is really soft, just like Jongin’s personality. He wants to ask a lot of questions that were hanging in his mind for the past 2 weeks that Jongin ignored him—or more like he’s running away from him. He’s kind of hurt with the treatment he gets but all is forgiven when Jongin relaxes and leans to his touch. 


 

He pushes his rumble of thoughts aside for a while, I’ll ask him when he does not look like he got a heavy baggage on his back, he thinks.


 

Jongin swears that he’s almost out when Sehun starts to pet his hair, his gentle touch always comforts him. Although, he also likes it when the doctor roughly touches and manhandles him but now is not the time to think about that. 


 

The pediatrician opens his eyes when Sehun stops his hair only to see how silly the obstetrician looks with his position right now, he’s slightly bowing, left arms behind him, and a hand outstretched as he offers it to Jongin. He flashes him a smile that reaches the corner of his eyes masks with a teasing glint on his eyes. 


 

“Oh beauty, can this lowly peasant ask you out for lunch?” 


 

Jongin giggles at Sehun’s antics, maybe he can set aside his baby daddy dilemma for now because he’s kinda easily hungry now that he’s eating for two.


 

He enthusiastically takes Sehun’s hand and intertwines it with his, blushing deeply, he opts to look at the obstetrician’s ID that is hanging on his coat instead of his face. He really got me wrapped around his finger, so much for the act of silent treatment he gave the obstetrician a few weeks ago. As much as he wants to facepalm right now, he can’t, not when the doctor is dragging him excitedly with their hands fitted inside Sehun’s coat pocket. It earns a few glances from visitors and raised eyebrows from nurses who pass by them.


 

 

An4PCpx.pngAn4PCpx.pngAn4PCpx.pngAn4PCpx.png


 

"Do you still want more? It's okay, still, it is my treat." Sehun grins.


 

Jongin shakes his head. "No, I'm full. Dude, I don't think I can walk properly back to the hospital." He absentmindedly taps his stomach lightly. 


 

Adorable, Sehun thinks. 


 

Sehun gulps. "Do you want to talk about it now?" 


 

Jongin jumps lightly with the obstetrician's question. Of course, how can he forget that the drama is still hanging in the air.


 

He hesitantly looks around if there are people he knows. The problem is, he is not ready to tell everything to Sehun. He just can't, numerous thoughts are running in his mind right now. What if he rejects me and this baby, his poor heart cannot handle such abandonment. 


 

"I'm sorry for everything." Jongin lowers his head as he refuses to look at Sehun. He deserves an apology after the mess he did. His heart pounded in his ears as he anticipated Sehun's reply.


 

Sehun notices that Jongin is still hiding something behind those words but currently looking at the pouting mess in front of him, he decides not to pry more. Perhaps, if their blooming fondness for each other is genuine, Jongin will definitely tell him about it someday. 


 

He was just passing by the family ward before his shift when he heard a very loud cry. Curiously, he peeked to see what happened and perhaps, he can offer some help.


 

There he saw a doctor with the fluffiest hair he has ever seen. For a moment the obstetrician wonders what it feels like to touch it, but it was weird since they are basically strangers. He was gently cradling an infant who just stopped crying and slowly falling asleep in the arms of the doctor resembles a cute puppy. Beside him is a boy who's enjoying a lollipop in his seat. The doctor seems to be talking to the boy about his mom and flu shots. 


 

This doctor in front of him is definitely different from the others, his compassion is radiating throughout the whole room, and those eyes, Sehun can't even explain but he feels like he wants to swim in those pools of honey. The morning sunlight that hits his golden skin makes him even more mesmerizing. Those beautiful full lips were curved in a pout as the doctor quietly coos at the cuteness of the sleeping baby in his arms. So this is what it feels like to have a crush, he thinks as his knees go a little weak at the sight in front of him. Before he decided to march towards the doctor and profess his love, he quietly turned and did a speed walk. 


 

On that very day, after his shift, he decided to approach the nurse from the pediatric ward to ask about the doctor who made his heart skip in different beats. 


 

Sehun chuckles at the memory of seeing Jongin the first time. The pediatrician looks up. "Is there anything funny with what I said?" His eyebrows are furrowed in annoyance and full-on pout is plastered on his face. 


 

He shakes his head. "I just remembered something."


 

"Oh that's cool, I just apologized and you just laughed at me." Jongin dramatically crossed his arms like a child in a tantrum. How old is he really?


 

"Apology accepted." The obstetrician gives him his charming smile. He reached out to pinch Jongin's cheek lightly. 


 

He grabs Jongin's hands and gently rubs it with his thumbs. "I admit I felt hurt and confused for the past two weeks that you shunned me. But I really missed you, my dear. I think I couldn't stand another day without talking or even seeing you." 


 

Now that's a splash of cold bucket on Jongin. He wants to say it but it is not the right time, he decides. Jongin appreciates that Sehun respects him so much that he didn't force him to spit it out all about what happened. He is the perfect guy for him. He sighs dreamily. 


 

He squeezes the hands holding his as if it is a reassurance that he won't repeat his actions again. 


 

Or so he thinks.


 

 

An4PCpx.pngAn4PCpx.pngAn4PCpx.pngAn4PCpx.png


 

"Diarrhea, seriously?!" he questions his best friend who's currently driving him home. It's not like his car broke down, it's just that Baekhyun is very protective of him, now that he's pregnant, he tried several times to convince him that he is on the early stage and still can do things normally but he won't budge. 


 

"I thought it was funny." Baekhyun giggles, his eyes still on the road. 


 

"For you! Did you see how red I was when Sehun talked about it."


 

"Yes I saw it but I couldn't determine if you're blushing or embarrassed in front of him."


 

"I–ugh, that's not the subject." He nervously bites his lips, in an effort to stop himself from blushing again. 


 

Baekhyun stopped the car in front of his apartment. He's about to go outside to open the door for Jongin but the pediatrician is faster to hop out of the car. "Baek, I can do it myself."


 

"Okay, okay. Just be careful on your steps." His best friend rolled the windows down and shouts at him as he is walking away. 


 

He smiles at him. His best friend dotes him like he is his mom. Screw that, he doesn't bake cookies like his real mom. 


 

"Oh before I forget, I asked Junmyeon hyung to drive you tomorrow to work because I'm on leave, gotta visit my brother."


 

Jongin hums at first but when he hears his brother's name he snaps at Baekhyun. "No, no, not Junmyeon, you know that he is worse than you." 


 

Baekhyun laughs loudly. He is glad no one is around to hear that. "I know, that's why he's the one I called."

 

 


Sorry for the late update, I'm kinda getting in the hang of writing. This my second story, my second baby <3 Thank you so much for subscribing!

I'll try to update a bit faster from now on!