Chapter 12

Free Delivery!

Flashback happened on the night after chapter 9.
Sorry for mistakes, English is not my first language 😅😋


“Oh dear, I already told Chanyeol. He’s my best friend and a good guy, I trust him.”

 

Jongin tilts his head in realization, mouth hanging open. Suddenly, he pushes Sehun away. “Does he think I’m dumb? Then why did he pretend not to know.”  

 

Sehun rubs the back of his neck, eyes fleeting away from Jongin. 

 

“It may have been my fault.” 

 

When Jongin expressed his worry about telling it to others, nervousness practically emanated from him, it was almost tangible to Sehun. The very night, Sehun willed himself to reveal the news to his confidant. 

 

“Jongin is pregnant.”

 

The bowl of tteokbokki in Chanyeol’s hands falls on the floor, an evident shock on his face, judging by the size of his eyes right now. He’s glad the bowl is stainless, but their food
 Sehun decides not to dwell on what was supposed to be their food, now splattered on the ground.

 

“Uhm, Chanyeol.” 

 

“No man. That ain’t a funny joke.” Chanyeol stands dumbly in front of him, squawking in disbelief as he rumples his hair. 

 

“I’m seriou–

 

“Shut the hell up!”

 

Sehun looks at Chanyeol sharply, slightly offended with his best friend’s tone. “Ex-ing-cuse me.”

 

Slowly, Chanyeol walks towards him and engulfs him in a big hug. “I’m so proud of you man, I mean I helped you to score and all that stuff at the gala.” 

 

The obstetrician squirms on his best friend’s arms and pushes him away, a tint of pink make its way on his cheeks. “We’re not gonna talk about that...” He huffs. “But thank you.” Sehun rolls his eyes when Chanyeol starts giggling, a heavy blow of smacks lands on his back. He’s used to this kind of abuse, it could be a clap, nudge, slap, or a blow from Chanyeol’s hands when he starts to laugh.

 

“I-I’m really worried for him, for his well-being and our baby. We just got together for a few days but I genuinely care for him. We may have done other things a little backward, but I wanted to set things right.” 

 

He sighs. “I want to know what scares him to announce it to his family.” The obstetrician shakes his head.

 

“Hey, don’t push him too much, if you’re really that worried, try to open it up to him at the right time.” Chanyeol pats his head. 

 

“You’re right!” Sehun stands up from his seat. “I’ll just have to be patient with him.”

 

Chanyeol snorts. “Definitely, you should know that because you’re the doctor of pregnant people.” 

 

Sehun raises his pinky finger in front of Chanyeol. “Don’t tell anyone about this, not even your dog, okay!” 

 

His best friend suspiciously raises his other brow but links his pinky to Sehun’s anyway. “I won’t
”

 

“Jongin seems to be wary when it comes to telling about his pregnancy, I guess I’ll show him how Oh Sehun loves till he’s confident enough.” 

 

“Yikes, I can already hear the wedding bells.” Chanyeol fakes a shiver.

 

Sehun sticks his tongue out cheekily to his best friend before turning away. 

 

“Hey! Where are you going?” 

 

“I’m gonna get my phone to call some take-outs unless you prefer the food on the ground, and clean that up!” 

 

“Sehun, can we name your child after a famous basketball player?” His best friend calls out.

 

“Absolutely no!” The obstetrician raises his voice from the other room.

 

“What about from musical geniuses?

 

“Oh god, still a no!” 

 

“Wait
 you think I’m that insecure about my pregnancy.” Jongin mumbles, his voice wavers a little. 

 

, this is not how Sehun expects their conversation to lead to this.

 

“N-no, it’s just that you’re worrying a little too much. Please don’t cry.” Sehun grabs Jongin’s hands in panic. 

 

Jongin sniffles, tears forming on his eyes. “I’m just scared of my brothers okay because this is unexpected and a bit careless but I never regretted being with you.” 

 

“I want to know everything about you, what are you scared of, what keeps you up at night, heck even what’s your favorite shampoo and body wash. So that I’ll know how to help you in the best way I can.” Sehun wipes the stray tear threatening to fall on the corner of Jongin’s eye. “Now, don’t cry or else you’ll get cold.” 

 

Jongin swallows down in a chuckle. “You act like you’re talking to your patient.” 

 

Sehun smiles. “Sorry, just a habit but you’re technically my patient.” 

 

He kisses Jongin on the cheek. “My favorite patient.” 

 

The pediatrician snickers. “Don’t tell that to your other patients or else you’ll lose the long lines in your office.” 

 

“I won’t complain if it means I won’t be encountering jealous husbands who are ready to pounce on me whenever I instruct their wives to lift their shirts.” 

 

“Well, I wouldn’t complain if you want to lift my shirt.” Jongin shrugs while laughing because Sehun's face is evidently beet red. 


 

An4PCpx.pngAn4PCpx.pngAn4PCpx.pngAn4PCpx.png


 

“You what?!”

 

Baekhyun slams his hands on the counter, earning a few glares from the stationed nurses. 

 

“Baek, calm yourself down.” Jongin should’ve told his best friend a little later, he grabs Baekhyun by the coat sleeves to drag him near the stairs for more privacy. 

 

“Jongin! Are you thinking straight? Please tell me you’re just joking.” 

 

Jongin refused to look at Baekhyun, gnawing his lower lips. “Hyung, I’m not...” Then proceeds to grasp his best friend’s shoulder. “No need to worry though, I don’t think my brothers will bring that up any longer. In fact, Sehun and Chanyeol know about this too.”

 

“I don’t know...Jongin.” 

 

Jongin feels the guilt eating him up, he’s really sorry for dragging him in this mess. “I’m sorry hyung, you’re the first one to appear in my mind at that time. Look, even Chanyeol is open on that idea too and Sehun is alread–” 

 

“Stop rambling, what did you just say?” 

 

Jongin stares at his best friend curiously. “Uhm
that I’m sorry?”

 

“Nope.” 

 

He bites his lips. “That you’re the first one to appear in my mind?”

 

Baekhyun sighs. A sigh that’s too loud. “After that.” 

 

“Chanyeol is open with the idea?” 

 

“Oh my god, yes! Y-you mean like a date?” Baekhyun celebrates as Jongin hits the right answer as he shakes his best friend’s hand enthusiastically. 

 

The pediatrician chuckles. “I should’ve told that first, jeez you’re so single hyung.” 

 

“I think yes, like a play date or maybe a double date with us.” 

 

Baekhyun hums wondering if the tall son of the hospital director fits his taste in men. 

 

“I’m not forcing you into this Baek, I already told you that my brothers won’t be bothered about that anymore, it’s cool. Unless. Wait I know that look on your eyes.” Jongin is so familiar with his best friend’s quirks, just by looking at him, he knows that Baekhyun is definitely interested. 

 

“I can invite Sehun if you want.” 

 

“Okay, Saturday night right?” Jongin nods at his best friend. 

 

“So where were you last night.” 

 

“I went home after that chaotic dinner then I couldn’t sleep so I met up with Sehun.” 

 

Baekhyun gasps, like a dramatic diva he is. 

 

Jongin immediately shushes him. “No, no, no, we didn't do anything like what’s inside that dirty mind of yours. We just talked about everything, he already knows my situation with my brothers.”

 

“That’s good. Please invite me when both of you planned to tell you brothers, I want to see Minseok’s reaction. I wonder if Sehun will back out?” Baekhyun loudly laughs.

 

Jongin pouts, muttering ".” quietly. 

 

Baekhyun squishes his cheeks. “Just kidding.” 

 

“Why don’t you come with me first, the parents of my patient gave me a box full of mochis.” 

 

Jongin thinks he likes the idea of getting babied while having a baby. 

 

 

An4PCpx.pngAn4PCpx.pngAn4PCpx.pngAn4PCpx.png


 

“Is it just me or the days are passing by so fast?” Jongin ponders while munching on Baekhyun’s snack inside the latter’s room. 

 

“I don’t know about you, maybe because you spent your whole week sneaking out to make out with your baby daddy at lunchtime.”

 

Jongin only grunts in response, ignoring his best friend’s teasing. “Well, the restaurant is already closed by the time we arrive if you don’t stop fumbling in that shirt of yours.” 

 

“Do I look cool though?” Baekhyun asks while fixing his hair in front of the mirror. 

 

“Oh god yes. Can we go now?” 

 

“Seems like the weather is getting colder, look we’re both wearing sweaters.” Baekhyun is right, he was wearing a black and white striped sweater, while his best friend’s is a simple black sweater paired with a necklace and ripped jeans to make him look ‘fashionable’. Jongin initially planned a great outfit to wear on their double date but he got tired by the thought of it so he just settled in comfortable attire, the only effort he exerted was to blow-dry his hair for it to fall softly on his head. 

 

Tapping his feet softly while humming a song he heard on the radio, he whines to Baekhyun. “Hyung, can you go a little bit faster.” 

 

“I’m almost finished! And please put down the snack, you’ll be full even before we get to eat our dinner.” 


 

An4PCpx.pngAn4PCpx.pngAn4PCpx.pngAn4PCpx.png


 

Baekhyun pokes him on his side and whispers, “Dr. Oh looks ing hot right now.” 

 

“Baek shut up.” Jongin mumbles in annoyance as he waves back on Sehun who spotted them from afar, looking devilishly handsome in a simple white dress shirt that accentuates his broad shoulders and a pair of denim pants.

 

Upon arriving at the table, he immediately places a kiss on his boyfriend’s cheek as he sits beside him that earns a teasing grumble from Baekhyun wherein the couple laughed. 

 

“Don't mind me. Now when can I meet the famous chef of NNG. God this place smells so good, my mouth is already watering every time I see the waiters serving the dishes.”

 

Sehun chuckles. “He’s just changing clothes at his office, he had to finalize the orders before handing it to his sous chef.” 

 

A momentary silence finds its way in their table. 

 

Under the table, Sehun starts to play with Jongin’s fingers. “D-dr. Byun, I gotta thank you
 for helping me with Jongin. If it's not for you, I don't know how will I be able to make it up with him. I wouldn't be in this position right now without you.” 

 

Jongin can’t help but smile as his heart sighs at his boyfriend’s thoughtful actions, his stomach does a weird flip as he gazes at the shy and adorable blushing mess of a doctor. 

 

Baekhyun, as shameless as he is goes with a loud ‘Awwww’, “Jongin look, your boyfriend’s ears are pink.” 

 

“Hey don’t .” Jongin laughs as he promptly covers Sehun’s ears with his head. 

 

“You’re welcome. I don’t like seeing my best friend sad and I know you make him happy so I know I need to do something, now here we are.” Sehun's thankfulness to him creates a sense of warmth inside Baekhyun as he smiles sincerely, his lips stretch out as his eyes crinkle. 

 

“And you just booked me a seat in this restaurant, I’ve been wanting to eat here for so long with Jongin.” He casually rubs his stomach. “So we’re even.” Then winks towards Sehun. 

 

Dr. Byun Baekhyun AKA 'Best wingman4ever'.  

 

As he observes at the two as they giggle together, Baekhyun is genuinely happy for both of them, he is assured that his best friend and little bean will be well-taken care of, Sehun's arms wrapped securely around Jongin– an evident joy radiates on his best friend. 

 

While Jongin and Sehun listen to Baekhyun’s adventure of riding the wrong elevator wherein he ends up in the hospital’s morgue instead of the Pedia ward because he’s too hungover, someone clears a throat behind them.


“So I panicked a-and and... A-are you C-chanyeol” Baekhyun stutters as he points out slowly towards the man, looking up to study his features behind the couple in front of him. Woah he’s definitely huge, I mean he’s tall, has wide muscular shoulders, and huge arms that bulges on this blue tee–Damn he is exactly Baekhyun’s type, he couldn’t care less even if the handsome chef smiles goofily.


Sorry for the late update! This chapter has been sitting in my laptop for quite a few days and I feel like I cut the end short. I am struggling in writing because I couldn’t get my head in the game, my mental health is in not so good state (I’m recovering yall °˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖°) but reading your comments motivates me so much, thank you for spreading your love to me 💖💖💖 And someone actually pointed out that I haven’t introduced myself haha, You can call me Han, nice to meet you all! 

AND ANNOUNCEMENT OF KAI SOLO AAAAAAAAAA đŸ» Support EXO-SC, feel free to cry while listening to Chanyeol’s nothin’ and twerk to Lay’s boom

Twitter: @kaiffogato.