Chapter 4

Free Delivery!

 

He just puts the phone down after talking to the parent of a patient when someone speaks beside him.

 

“So how was your make-out session with Dr. Oh?” Joohyun raises her other brow and rests her hands on her hips. 

 

Jongin panics and shushes her. “Can you please keep your voice down!” He says in a whisper.

  

The Nurse laughs and attempts to some more but another nurse is calling her for assistance. 

 

What happened was just a spur of the moment. Who can’t resist that handsome obstetrician and damn, he is such a good kisser. Dr. Oh Sehun is perfect in Jongin’s eyes. Although he may not know him that deep, he is caring enough to make Jongin go head over heels on him. He chews the inside of his cheek and absentmindedly puts his hands on his stomach. He will get through this, he internally sighs. 


 

An4PCpx.pngAn4PCpx.pngAn4PCpx.pngAn4PCpx.png


 

After leaving the room earlier, Sehun bumps into the one and only Nurse Joohyun on his way back to Ward 14. 

 

He clears his throat, lowering his gaze down. “Sorry, Nurse Joohyun.” 

 

She rolls her eyes at him. “You’re both lucky I’m the one who saw it. What if it's the head nurse or worse the hospital director. Just because your best friend's with the director’s son, you can do your… stuff here carelessly. ” 

 

“Oh come on, it’s not that!” He scratches the back of his neck in the embarrassment of getting caught.  

 

“Just be careful, Jongin is my friend, you have to take care of him or else, you’re going to get it.” She says with a concerned face and in a slightly different tone that he can’t decipher. 

 

She continues to walk further ahead when Sehun stops her. “Hey, do you know when his shift ends?”  

 

Nurse Joohyun tilts her head, unsure if she should answer Dr. Sehun’s question. “Why don’t you ask him?” However, when she looks at the obstetrician, his face is red, hand fidgeting his coat pocket. “Okay, okay! His shift today ends around 5 pm. Don’t tell him I’m the one who told you about it.” She warns while showing her clenched fist to him. 

 

The obstetrician’s face lifts up, he flashes her his signature charming smile. “Thank you Nurse Joohyun! I owe you one!”  

 

In that case, Sehun is outside at Jongin’s office door at exactly 5 pm to invite him to dinner. He knocked once, no one answered. Weird, maybe he’s just busy. He knocks again, still nobody answers and this time a nurse sees him.

 

“Sir, If you’re looking for Dr. Kim, he just left a minute ago. I can give you his contact number if you want”

 

Sehun wants to facepalm, he should’ve texted the pediatrician instead of courting him this traditional way, he’s such a hopeless romantic. “Thanks! No need for that.” A minute, maybe he can still catch up to him by the lobby, he decides as he hurriedly walks to the elevator. 

 

He did manage to catch up with him.

 

But the said pediatrician is already beside the fair man with the gel styled hair. The man tries to carry Jongin’s bag but he refuses as they are walking to the black Maserati, it’s door is already open by the driver who ushers them inside. 

 

The green-eyed monster inside Sehun takes over him. The smile plastered on his face earlier is replaced with a sullen expression as the corners of his mouth twitch downwards in displeasure. He maintains his eye on the departing car. The obstetrician runs his hand on his hair, sighing in frustration.  

 

 

An4PCpx.pngAn4PCpx.pngAn4PCpx.pngAn4PCpx.png


 

“Something bothers you?” His brother asks in curiosity about why Jongin’s been making face while they’re both eating.  

 

Jongin makes a disgusted grunt as he moves the plate of sashimi away from him. 

 

“You don’t like it? Wow. I mean, you usually have it for yourself.” Junmyeon mumbles in an amused expression. 

 

Jongin sticks his tongue out to his brother. “It’s just that I’m not in the mood to eat that.” 

 

He takes out his phone to see if he received a message from the charming doctor but only to see notifications from Instagram dog accounts he follows. Maybe he’s busy, but he promised to text him before leaving his room earlier.  

 

Junmyeon suddenly calls him out. “Hey, no cellphones at the table, I seldomly have a chance to treat my baby brother to dinner but you’re not with me right now.” His brother pouts at him like a child.

 

The obstetrician puts down his phone due to his brother’s protest. “Hyung! Stop calling me a baby.” Jongin pouts adorably, putting the childlike energy Junmyeon showed earlier in shame. 

 

His brother clears his throat. "Are you seeing someone?"

 

Jongin lightly jumps at his seat, he looks elsewhere to avoid his brother's questioning look. He tries to distract himself by clicking his chopsticks on his plate. A few seconds of silence pass, he turns to look at his brother who's giving him a face when he's about to scold him when they were younger. The hue of pink dusted his cheek. "It's kinda complicated." He admits. 

 

His brother softly coos at him as he pinches Jongin's blushing cheek. "My baby brother is in love." 

 

“Hyung!!”


 

An4PCpx.pngAn4PCpx.pngAn4PCpx.pngAn4PCpx.png


 

“You know man, I do appreciate that you finally invited me for a night out, but I didn’t expect you to drink your out tonight like this.” Chanyeol whines when Sehun drapes his body all over him while fake crying.

 

“Come on, I’m taking you home.” Sehun’s best friend tries to pull him out of the booth but the doctor who is waving his hands like a music conductor while humming the bar’s music is heavy as a log right now. Chanyeol likes to work out but it seems like he can’t drag his drunk friend out of the bar. 

 

Fortunately, he manages to carry him out. With Sehun’s arm over Chanyeol’s shoulder, they walk wobbly to the parking lot. People who are passing by threw several glances especially at Sehun who’s singing an off-key version of the pop music played inside the bar on top of his lungs. 

 

By the time they arrive at Chanyeol’s car, Sehun coughs loudly, his face is settled on his best friend’s neck. “Oh no! You will not puke on me or in the car!” He slowly settles Sehun on the pavement near the bushes while trying to find his car key. 

 

A notification sound pops on Sehun’s phone inside his pocket. He takes it out to read it. The obstetrician shakes his head multiple times, he tries to read it through his hazy vision. When he recognizes a red heart emoji beside the name of the sender, he automatically knows who sent him the message. He didn’t actually manage to read the whole text when he mindlessly taps the call button.

 

Chanyeol runs to him when he sees Sehun calling someone from his phone. “No, no, no. Why are you drunk calling someone, it’s freaking 2 am. No one will answer you whoever it is.” Hands on the car keys, he tries to pry away the phone from whiny Sehun.

 

The ringing stops, in a click, someone picks up and mumble a Hello in a husky voice. 

 

Chanyeol squawks at the unbothered Sehun “! Did you just call Dr. Kim?” He says in a whisper. His best friend attempts to grab the phone out of his hands but Sehun is quicker to turn his body away from Chanyeol. 


 

An4PCpx.pngAn4PCpx.pngAn4PCpx.pngAn4PCpx.png


 

Jongin jumps when the phone nestled on his chest vibrates and rings. Mentally forgetting the movie shown in front of him, he takes his phone to see who is even in the right mind to call someone at 2 in the morning. The phone almost smacks him in the face when he momentarily loses his grasp on his phone when he sees Sehun’s name flashed on it. 

 

Sleep doesn’t visit him because he feels bloated from the dinner his brother treated him earlier. Hence, he watches a random movie in hopes to fall asleep in the middle of it. But his efforts have gone to waste as he springs up in panic from his lying down position on the couch 

 

Jongin clears his throat multiple times to make his voice sound like he's just awoken by the call. He fans himself and mentally prepares to pick up the call. 

 

In a press, he mumbles a sleepy hello. 

 

There is a moment of silence, followed by several noises of shushes and whispers he can't understand. 

 

He hears a deep sigh that comes from Sehun. “Jonginie! Why… why do you keep playing with m-my feelings.” The doctor whines. 

 

“Oh my god, Sehun.” Someone gasps, then again scratching noises dominates the call. He must be with someone. Jongin's mouth hangs open, utterly confused with what he heard, what is he talking about? Is Sehun drunk? 

 

The loud sound stops, Sehun's companion suddenly talks. “Hello Dr. Kim, this is Chanyeol, I'm Sehun's best friend and… you know, Director Park's son. We've already met at the ball if you remember. I'm sorry Sehun is not in his right mind, please forget what he said. Thanks!” Chanyeol babbles rapidly. Oh, he's Sehun's best friend, Jongin recalls the tall guy with big ears and expressive eyes. 

 

“Okay, but can I talk to him right now?” 

 

“No!” Chanyeol instantaneously replies. Jongin huffs, if he doesn't want to then okay. “No, I mean, he can't right now.” Chanyeol must've gone near Sehun when he hears him retching. 

 

“We gotta get going, Dr. Kim! Don't worry I'll inform him tomorrow morning about this shameless act.” Chanyeol adds while giggling. 

 

“Just call me Jongin. Uhm, take care both of you–tell him to call me tomorrow, thank you!” The pediatrician mutters but his mind is still bothered. 

 

Chanyeol says his goodbyes again, he can still hear Sehun throwing up with a mix of singing and whining to Chanyeol about never drinking again. Then the line went dead. 

 

Jongin puts down his phone slowly, still processing everything. What was that, he wonders. But the sound of his stomach grumbling takes him out of it.

 

Luckily, tomorrow is Saturday which means he doesn't have to go to the hospital tomorrow. His stomach grumbles some more. 

 

He looks down on it and lightly pats it. “Don't be an impatient little bean, I've got stacks of midnight snacks here.” Jongin softly smiles. 

 

 


Sorry for late updates! Thank you for reading this chapter <3 You can follow me on my new twitter acc @kaiffogato :)