Chapter 14

Free Delivery!

 

Thump thump thump

 

Minseok keeps thumping the aluminum baseball bat in his hands lightly, and in every tap, Sehun feels sweat on his forehead dripping. 

 

He’s got this unreadable expression in a current scowl.  

 

Sehun gulps.

 

They are currently sitting on the sofa, after getting caught in such a compromising position–with their heads down, they can’t afford to look at the two brothers in the eye like a child preparing themselves to be scolded.   

 

“Minseok stop that, you’re scaring them. Here, I made some tea for everyone.” Junmyeon decides to lighten the tension in the living room as he puts down the teapot and cups on the coffee table. 

 

Jongin hopes no one will question his choice of girly tea set with its floral pattern and gold lining.

 

His brother pours the hot tea and offers it to a shocked Sehun. 

 

“So you must be Sehun.” Junmyeon smiles while Jongin gasps beside Sehun. 

 

His brother chuckles. “Well, Jongin isn’t that discreet in hiding his current relationship.” 

 

“Hyung!” Jongin whines to his brother with a pout. He knew it, Junmyeon never forgets even a small detail. 

 

Sehun clears his throat and straightens his posture before answering, hands curled up and placed on top of his knees properly. “Y-yes, I am.”  

 

“Oh that’s nic–” 

 

A tch noise comes from Minseok. 

 

“Jun, please cut the crap.” He suddenly swings the bat and points it in front of a startled Sehun. Minseok looks at him straight with his cat like eyes “What’s your relationship with my brother?” 

 

Sehun, despite trembling, feels a fire ignite inside him when Jongin holds his hands, reassuring him.      

 

“I am his boyfriend.” 

 

Minseok who seems to be taken aback with Sehun’s immediate answer squints his eyes and points the baseball bat closer to Sehun’s face slowly and even before it touches his chin, a hand juts out to stop and pushes it away. 

 

“And he’s the father of my child!” Jongin blurts out loudly out of nowhere. 

 

An array of emotions overcome Jongin when his brother keeps intimidating his boyfriend. This act needs to be stopped now, he decides. 

 

It took a few seconds before anyone processed what Jongin said.  

 

Junmyeon, with wide eyes, spits out the tea he is drinking that has gone through the fabric of his pants. There’s Minseok with disbelief on his face, drops the baseball bat he is holding on the floor, and then there’s Sehun, breath caught with his mouth gaping open, eyes searching for Jongin's who puffs out his chest in his momentary courage.  

 

Junmyeon grabs the tissue and dabs the liquid on his pants, awkwardly laughs, or more like a struggling chortle noise. “Jonginnie, sweetie, I’m not sure if you’re joking. We just kinda met this man for the first time…” 

 

The lack of reply in Junmyeon’s question is a dead giveaway. 

 

“S-so it’s true.” Junmyeon hums, as he mindlessly dabs the scrunched up tissue at top of his pants. 

 

Minseok, still unmoving beside Junmyeon. But his hands twitch. 

 

In a few beats of silence, he stands up to grab the baseball bat on the ground to hit Sehun.

 

“You bastard, how dare you touch my brother!” Minseok growls. So this is what it feels to have a scary mother in law in the dramas Sehun watches when he’s bored, but in his situation, it’s the brother of his boyfriend.  

 

“Oh no no no!” Both of the brothers follow Minseok’s movement. Junmyeon keeps Minseok in his place by wrapping his arms on his body, while Jongin holds his hyung’s arms as he stands in front of a cowering Sehun. 

 

Minseok swings the bat wildly left and right as he struggles to get out of his brother’s restraints.  

 

Sehun is ready to get beaten up by Minseok if it means to protect Jongin and his child however, it comes out as the opposite. 

 

“Please let’s talk about this like a decent human being, hyung!” Junmyeon growls, his face is red, and irritation is etched on his face. 

 

“Y-yes, Minseokie hyung, now put your hands down.” Jongin butts in a convincing voice. 

 

Witnessing his brothers' disappointed faces made Minseok calm down, huffing as he put down his arms, but he is looking down on Sehun who seems to be paralyzed in his spot as if he’s telling him that it isn’t over

 

 

An4PCpx.pngAn4PCpx.pngAn4PCpx.pngAn4PCpx.png

 

Jongin snuggles up to him on the sofa as they wait for the two older brothers, loud screams can be heard in the kitchen as they assess the situations and throw insults occasionally.   

 

“J-jongin, a-are you okay with your brother fighting in your kitchen. What if Minseok comes running here with a knife.” Sehun shudders in the thought. 

 

He threads his fingers on Jongin’s soft locks who continue to cuddle deeper on Sehun. 

 

“Don’t mind them, they’ll accept it in an hour or day.” He hums dreamingly. 

 

“Sure you seem fine? I’m really sorry I-I got scared earlier, I should’ve protected you and our baby.” 

 

“I know Minseok hyung, he won’t really hit you, or hurt me.” 

 

“But it seems like he is, I’m terrified of the way he looked at me.” He says while rubbing his temple, Sehun is weirded out by the way Jongin is acting right now, he seems happy, or is it a feeling of relief? 

 

He hugs Jongin tighter in his arms. “Are you really okay?” 

 

Jongin adjusts himself that he is almost sitting on the obstetrician's lap and puts his chin on Sehun’s shoulder. 

 

“I finally said it to my brothers.” He giggles. “Nothing is holding me back now, I’m very much relieved.   

 

Jongin cups Sehun’s face, his hazel eyes gleaming with joy. “My dear, I’m glad I did it with you, I’m so happy that I had the courage to do it despite the chaos that happened earlier. I’m sure we’ll laugh about it someday. 

 

Wow, this is the first time Jongin copied his pet name for him, God he’s so adorable. 

 

Jongin’s statement brought tears to Sehun, he wondered what good deeds Sehun did in his past life to deserve a man with a beautiful soul in his arms right now. 

 

Even before his eyes start to get wet and his mouth quivers, Junmyeon and Minseok comes out of the kitchen, their faces and clothes are caked with flour. 

 

“Jonginnie, I promise we’ll clean that up tomorrow.” Junmyeon pleads as Minseok rolls his eyes. 

 

Jongin guffaws at the sight. “Hyung! You should’ve asked us to join you in your flour fight!” 

 

 

An4PCpx.pngAn4PCpx.pngAn4PCpx.pngAn4PCpx.png

 

 

7th week

 

“Your kidding right?” Baekhyun laughs way too loud that the passing by staff shushes him. 

 

“Shut up Baek hyung.” He pinches his best friend’s side. “I’m happy now, I felt like a huge weight was finally lifted off my shoulders.”  

 

“Okay, but do you have any security cameras inside your house? I wanna see the look on your baby daddy’s face when Minseok started his antics.”   

 

The pediatrician rolls his eyes. Suddenly, he remembers that they left him with Chanyeol in the restaurant last weekend. 

 

“You know I haven’t received any text from you since we left you with Chanyeol, so how was your drinking competition?” 

 

Baekhyun suddenly checked his wristwatch. “You know what Jongin, I forgot to print the reports that our department head required us for our meeting later, bye.” His best friend speeds walk but Jongin, given that his legs are longer than Baekhyun, manages to grab him by his collar. 

 

“Wait a second, why are you running away. Did something happen worse while we were gone?” 

 

Baekhyun shakes his head at first, changing his mind and nods. 

 

“He is so annoying! Oh I wanna squish him like a bug. I can’t believe I managed to lose the second time.” Baekhyun says with his fist balled. “I got dead drunk then I woke up the next day in his room.” 

 

“You , did something happen between the two of you?” Jongin pokes his best friend’s cheek. 

 

“Excuse me, I’m that that I mistook the rustling from my kitchen as being caused by a ghost or a rat because I was too busy exchanging saliva with my boyfriend.” 

 

Okay, that was touché.

 

Baekhyun puts his hands up. “Oh no, I won’t allow that. And for your information, I woke up in the same clothes and he slept on his sofa, so nothing happened. Before I left his house, I wrote a note, challenging for another call of duty match.” 

 

Jongin, still not satisfied with the beans Baekhyun spilled, continues to question him. “Hyung, are you ever going to admit that you don’t remember anything after you got drunk? I know you.” 

 

His best friend looks everywhere but him. 

 

“Honestly, I don’t” Jongin chuckles with that, very typical of you Byun Baekhyun. 

 

“Gosh, I hope I didn’t say anything or did something that will ruin my reputation as the handsome doctor from the pediatrics ward.” 

 

The pediatrician teases. “Given that it was you, you probably did something shameless, so I’m gonna ask Sehun to question Chanyeol.” Jongin opens the spare candy on his coat pocket and shoves it on his best friend’s mouth before he can whine on him.      

 

“Oh there he is! Sehun, here!” The pediatrician waves as he spots his boyfriend in the lobby, waiting for him patiently. 

 

Baekhyun stomps his feet like a child, pulling Jongin away from Sehun. 

 

 

An4PCpx.pngAn4PCpx.pngAn4PCpx.pngAn4PCpx.png

 

 

“Hyung, if you still keep doing this, I’m gonna change my doorknob to an automatic one!” 

 

“You can, but we will probably figure out the passcode as soon as you change it, it’s either your birthday or monthsary.” Junmyeon, with a cup of tea on his hand comments. Seriously, when will he stop drinking his own tea, why can’t he buy on his own when his pocket has triple the amount as compared to his. 

 

Blushing, he slumps down on the sofa with a frown.

 

“Where is Minseok hyung?” 

 

Junmyeon shrugs. “In the kitchen, preparing us dinner.” 

 

His frown is turned upside down upon the mention of food. 

 

He stands up and slides his way to the kitchen to see the dish his eldest brother has prepared for them. 

 

Then the bright smile he is sporting morphs in a much deeper frown when he peeks at his brother’s cooking.   

 

“There you are.” Minseok angles his face away from the stove to give Jongin a kiss on his forehead. 

 

“Ew hyung, what was that.” He fake gags. 

 

“I made this for you, this is what pregnant people like you should eat.” His hyung says so casually it took him off guard. 

 

Jongin wants to cry so bad but he isn’t sure if it’s because of the touching gesture of his hyung or the icky concoction he’s about to eat. 

 


Here you go! another chapter. Hopefully I can write with a few time skips in this fic because Jongin's problem is now solved or is it just the beginning? IDK seriously *evil laugh*

 When I said that I'm not sure if I can update regularly cuz my laptop is broken, I really mean it hehe. I felt bad for not updating that long, sorry (⁄ ⁄>⁄ ▽ ⁄<⁄ ⁄) Also I added a new adorable poster made by CHXRRY。 [a graphic shop]! Stay safe everyone, remember to wear your mask! (◕‿◕)♡

Twitter: @kaiffogato.