Chapter 9

Free Delivery!

“S-sorry, I ruined your shirt.” He sniffles, his eyes fleeting to the wet patch he made on the doctor’s shirt. 

 

Sehun guided them over to the hospital bed as he cried his heart out. He was held gently the whole time until there were no more tears of frustration left within Jongin. 

 

“I’m okay now, I-uhm… You can put me down.” 

 

“No.”

 

“Seriousl–” Sehun hugs him tighter that makes it hard for Jongin to wriggle his way out of the obstetrician's arm and lap. 

 

“Tell me everything. Even if it is just your 5th week, tell me everything that I’ve missed.” If Jongin is not mistaken, Sehun's tone has a hint of guilt in it. 

 

Jongin sighs, he wraps his arms around Sehun’s neck and adjusts himself on his lap to look at him on the same eye level. 

 

He presses a quick kiss on the obstetrician’s cheek. “Aside from the exhausting morning sickness and my usual y attitude, nothing has changed.” 

 

In a quick breathe of relief, “I gotta plan your prenatal care.” Sehun shakes his head, thinking that this must be a dream. Jongin is in his arms, pregnant with his baby that is as small as the sesame seed right now. 

 

For a second Jongin is concerned because he can’t read Sehun–he kind of looks distracted. 

 

The furrows on his brows smoothen as he smiles towards Jongin, eyes sparkling with joy. “I’m glad it was you.” 

 

His knees go weak whenever that flash of smile goes towards him, and this time, his reaction is still the same. The way his heart pitter-patters on his chest right now is proof that his heart beats for Sehun. 

 

Sehun excuses himself, maneuvering him away from his lap to grab something in a hurry.

 

He sits on the bed awkwardly, swinging his legs subconsciously. The pediatrician gnaws his lips, wondering how the hell Baekhyun set up him that led to this situation. At first, he plans to ignore his best friend for a few days for ditching him on his first check-up but now, all he wants is to show his gratitude to the elder in the best possible way. 

 

His thoughts were interrupted when Sehun stood in front of him, his eyes avoiding Jongin’s curious stare while his cheeks were painted in pink. The piece of paper in his hold shakes with the tremble of his hands.  

 

“When I said that I’m glad it was you, I-I would like to be your doctor throughout the duration of your pregnancy and also as y-your…”

 

Sehun hands him a prescription form. 

 

Written on the paper are the names of the vitamins he must take and several recommendations to maintain a healthy diet for him and his baby. But what caught his eye is a question scribbled on the bottom before his signature. 

 

Will you be my boyfriend?  

 

Sehun thinks it’s lame but there’s nothing he can do about it if his confession comes out like that, he admits he still hasn’t recovered from the initial shock of the revelation. Nevertheless, right now, he’s sure of one thing, he would love to take care of Jongin and their baby. Their baby. Isn’t this what he’s been dreaming for a long time? 

 

Okay, there is still no reply from Jongin, not even a croak. 

 

Sehun is ready to accept the rejection but it didn’t happen because Jongin is already jumping to his arms, clinging to him like a koala. 

 

“Of course, I would love to! I actually planned to ask you alongside my confession of my pregnancy but it doesn’t matter now because my answer is yes.” 

 

Upon hearing his words, adrenaline pumps through Sehun’s blood, something sparks inside him bursts in happiness as he kisses Jongin deeply and spins him around, just like in the cliche romance movies Sehun secretly watches.    

 

  

An4PCpx.pngAn4PCpx.pngAn4PCpx.pngAn4PCpx.png


 

“Baekhyun! We need to talk, crying emoji, heart emoji.” He read softly because his nephew is already sleeping beside him soundly. 

 

He sits up to text him. 

 

HA YOU OWE ME A LOT YOU PUNK! Pls pls tell me it went well right? 

 

He waits a few minutes to receive Jongin’s reply. Usually, his best friend replies quickly, so something must’ve happened. 

 

Sorry can’t reply that fast, I was texting my boyfriend :D

 

“His what?!”

 

Excuse me?!? Your what? :0 

 

Sehun finally had the balls to ask you out! 

 

Fukcin finally! 

 

You know that I’m so happy for you <3 

 

I know hyung, thank you so much. Love you!

 

Baekhyun has a lot of stories to tell to his future godson or daughter, and he would like to start it on how he helped Jongin and Sehun got together. 


 

An4PCpx.pngAn4PCpx.pngAn4PCpx.pngAn4PCpx.png


 

6th week

 

“Lucky bastard.” Baekhyun mutters with a scowl on his face. It’s too early in the morning to see something that reminds him of his inexistent love life. 

 

“Baek!” Jongin waves enthusiastically after placing a kiss on a retreating Dr. Oh before the elevator closes. 

 

He only huffs in reply but Jongin comes running to crush him in a tight big hug.

 

“Thank you so much hyung!” 

 

“Jongin I-I can’t breathe.” Jongin’s hug loosens when Baekhyun starts to tap out the other’s back like how he does when he’s about to lose in their friendly wrestling game during middle school. “Oops sorry.” 

 

“Your bear hug gets stronger as time passes by.” Baekhyun crosses his arms and pretends to be annoyed with Jongin. “Oops sorry.” 

 

“Got your problems solved with your baby daddy huh.” He’s only teasing his best friend but he was genuinely happy when Jongin is practically glowing like this.

 

“Oh come on I know you helped him.” 

 

His best friend winks at him. “Oh yes, thank me.”   

 

“Hey you two, get back to your offices, you’ve got a lot of patients already in line.” Nurse Joohyun scolds them.

 

“But Nurse Joohyun I gotta tell you something…” 

 

Baekhyun proceeds to bother Joohyun and decides to drop the bomb on Jongin and Sehun’s current relationship status. The pediatrician smiles as the two bickers, his hand is unconsciously placed on his belly. Seems like everything will be fine from now on, my little bean


 

An4PCpx.pngAn4PCpx.pngAn4PCpx.pngAn4PCpx.png


 

Or so he thought. 

 

He is currently in the middle of consultation when Junmyeon suddenly calls him, excusing himself, he answers his brother's call which seems to be an emergency. 

 

“Hello hyung?”

 

“Oh my god! You wouldn’t believe me!”

 

His heart starts to pound. “What is it?” 

 

“Minseok decided to go back, and he’ll be here next week!” 

 

“Are you serious hyung? Is he still pissed off on us?” He grits his teeth in frustration. Of course, he and Junmyeon are scared to the bones upon knowing the news of their eldest brother’s arrival. 

 

Jongin is probably too young to remember when their parents died, and it was Minseok who took over their family business and cared for them. He was an authoritative brother inside their house but he raised them with compassion and love despite his busy schedule.

 

Perhaps Minseok hyung wanted us to be surprised but their family’s accounting firm is connected to Junmyeon’s company, hence he was informed early.  

     

Four years ago, before Minseok relocated to China, he decided to set up an engagement for his brothers, a well profitable engagement, according to him. Fortunately, Jongdae, the second to the youngest, goes along with Minseok’s plan and is happily married now together with his wife in China. Jongin wonders how Minseok convinced Jongdae when he used to be the wildest one among the Kim brothers. 

 

But Junmyeon and Jongin are on a different case, both of them didn’t want to get settled at that time and worse, to a person whom they barely knew and in spite of Minseok’s effort of setting up dates for them, it always ended up in chaos that enraged the eldest. He warned his brothers that when he comes back, their bad blood is just starting and proceeds to give them forehead kisses before walking to the departure lane.  

 

“Junmyeon hyung, what are you going to do? Are you going to fetch him from the airport?” 

 

“No, he’s got a driver but expect a call from him, he may invite us for dinner. Man, I’m kinda scared, I hope he won’t repeat the arrangements he made like the last time.” 

 

Jongin gulps, he knows he trusts his brother and if he reveals it to him, Junmyeon won’t react to him harshly right? “Hyung, I need to tell you something before Minseok hyung.”

 

He releases a deep breath. “I am–” 

 

“Holy !” 

 

“What, what happened?!” Jongin almost forgot he’s still inside his office with his patient and his mother, he bows his head in apology to the two, his expression looks like in between of an embarrassment and constipation.

 

“Minseok texted me, his original flight got problems with the aircraft repair or something, and now he agreed to be moved to the earliest one. So he’ll arrive tomorrow!” 

 

“What the fu...dge.” His eyes briefly move over to the boy and mother who’s staring at him sharply, he immediately presses his lips together to shut himself and prevent any more foul language from coming out his mouth. 

 

 

An4PCpx.pngAn4PCpx.pngAn4PCpx.pngAn4PCpx.png


 

“Jongin, what happened? You look tired.” Sehun asks in worry. Jongin decided for them to meet up with him in the hospital cafeteria. They were supposed to have a lunch date outside but the pediatrician informed him that he was kinda tired of going outside. 

 

Jongin only sighs, they both sit in silence, his head on Sehun’s shoulder while their hands are intertwined under the table hidden from the sight of everyone. “Hey, have you told anyone about our baby?” 

 

Sehun shakes his head. “Nope.” 

 

Well, that’s cool, unlike him. 

 

“How about you?” 

 

“Only Baekhyun and Nurse Joohyun. Is that okay, right?” Jongin beams his puppy eyes to him. 

 

Sehun pinches his cheek. “That’s more than okay.” The obstetrician assures him. So that must be the reason for Nurse Joohyun’s warning to him, he realizes.  

 

“I know it is probably too early to announce to everyone but we’ll tell our families right, I mean I’m not forcing you or anything, we only got together like days ago so I’m-” Sehun shushes him by bumping a spoonful of mash potatoes on his mouth. Jongin side-eyes him but accepts the food Sehun is feeding him. 

 

“You are so cute.” 

 

He wanted to talk back but is in the middle of munching his food. A pinch on Sehun’s side wouldn’t hurt him, he decides. 

 

The obstetrician jerks in his seat when he feels the nip through his skin. Jongin smiles triumphantly. 

 

The comfortable silence they have is short-lived when it gets interrupted with Dr. Byun’s booming gasp. 

 

“Dr. Oh, you’re already putting something in his mouth this fine afternoon, you're so shameless.” Sehun only huffs in reply to Dr. Byun’s teasing. 

 

Baekhyun immediately sits in front of them and offers his favorite banana milk to Jongin who refuses with a smile. The pediatrician isn’t in the mood for banana milk right now and Sehun might find it disgusting that he and his best friend exchange salivas through sharing a drink, can’t blame him for wanting to have a good impression. 

 

Jongin snickers. “That doesn’t matter you idiot, I’m already pregnant.” Baekhyun probably laughed too loud at that because it causes other people to turn their heads to search where the noise came from. 

 

“Both of you are the hot topic in several departments you know, apparently there were a lot of employees who saw what you did earlier in the elevator.” He isn’t really surprised that Baekhyun knew this because his best friend is basically a friend of everyone here in this hospital, so he knew every gossip that goes around in this place. 

 

“We don’t mind.” Sehun says and looks at Jongin for approval in which the latter nods enthusiastically, his gaze practically throws hearts towards the obstetrician. “Yeah, it is fine.”

 

Now that’s Baekhyun’s cue to leave the two love birds alone. 

 

“Well, I gotta go, you two enjoy your lunch.” Baekhyun ruffles Jongin’s hair, moving to another, his hands hover over Sehun’s as he hesitates but continues to do so. He proceeds to leave the table after messing the couple’s look, their hair sticks out everywhere. 

 

“He messed up your hair but how come it still looks so soft.” Sehun pouts while he fixes Jongin’s hair whose giggles are music to his ears.


YEY! They finally got together! 💕💕💕And Minseok is gonna be in the next chapter! When will he reveal his pregnancy to his brothers? 

I noticed that my story is kinda slow burn? I guess I need to practice on writing time skips, please bear with me 😅😅 Whenever Jongin goes live on ig, I wanna touch his hair cuz it looks so soooft. Finally reached 100+ kudos on AO3! 🎉 It wouldn’t be possible without you! Thank you for reading my story, kudos, comments. I practically have a screenshot of your comments saved on my phone because it makes me happy 💖 Take care everyone!  

Twitter: @kaiffogato. Support Baekhyun and Lay's album! Thank you!