Chapter 6

Free Delivery!

 

His back slams against the wall when the fuming pediatrician pushes him after dragging him away from the elevator.  He slightly panics, great, he just missed his floor, a little bit late, and now he's going to taste Jongin's wrath. 

 

Sehun groans, rubbing his back to ease the pain from the force. He should've known that Jongin is really this strong before he decided to avoid him. His wrist still hurts from the grip of the pediatrician earlier when he dragged him to this empty hallway. 

 

The obstetrician gapes like a fish as he tries to think of an alibi to say but nothing comes out. Truth is–he’s guilty, he admits that, but he can’t blame himself for running away momentary. He’s not used to this whirlwind of romance that hits him helplessly and turns his mundane hospital life upside down. He swallows in fear when the doctor in front of him, who’s eyes were narrowed to him so sharp that Sehun thinks it could slash him in the face, cheeks flushed, and lips pursed. 

 

He slumps on the wall in defeat, closing his eyes when Jongin leans his face closer to him. Sehun accepts the consequences of being the of the year.

 

“Excuse me, but are you doing?” Sehun wants to peek but chooses to maintain his eyes closed.

 

“You can hit me if you want.” He says in a low voice. The obstetrician hears a sigh and a few rustling when he feels something heavy rests on his chest. 

 

He opens his eyes to see Jongin, top of his head resting on him as he looks down, hands fisted on both sides of his white coat.  

 

Sehun, a bit dumbfounded, places his hand on Jongin's hair, but the latter refuses with a shake. “Jongin, look at me.”

 

“No, I don’t want to.” He stomps his feet like a child in a tantrum. He’s still cute even when he is angry like this, Sehun can’t help when his heart beats faster than normal, he’s pretty sure that Jongin can feel it.

 

“Please.” He pleads softly. 

 

He gets the reply with a heavy press on his chest that makes him grunt. “Okay, I get it.” Sehun coughs. 

 

The obstetrician releases a deep sigh, Jongin’s head swaying with the movement of his chest from breathing out. Swirls of emotion overcome him right now, he wants to apologize, to ask about that stranger he’s with, and ultimately, to question himself when the man in front of him sniffles. Sehun feels his lungs constrict at what he can describe that his heart is crushing at the realization that he made Jongin cry right now. 

 

Jongin grips the sides of the coat tightly when his hands start to shake. He’s annoyed, irritated, and frustrated that Sehun had the audacity to try to escape away from him when he’s the cause of it all. Tears run down his face before it falls on the floor, and on Sehun’s shoes too. 

 

The obstetrician grabs him by the face as he slowly makes him raise his head. With tears b in his eyes, Jongin can see the evident concern with a hint of guilt in Sehun’s eyes. 

 

Their relationship is blooming at a gentle pace, and yet, Sehun made him cry. He wipes the tears that trickle on his cheeks with his thumb, while the pediatrician continues to sob. 

 

Jongin can’t cry like this in front of Sehun, his brothers told him he’s got the ugly crying syndrome since he was young. He knows it doesn’t exist when he studied in the medical field. Nevertheless, his insecurities take its place, body wracking from his sobs. “Sehun, why are you doing this?”

 

Sehun decides that this is the right time to confront him, he can’t delay it nor run away when it will result in Jongin being hurt from him or worse, ending everything between them. 

 

“Jongin, I’m-.” His words were cut off when the pediatrician started to cough and breathe raggedly slow. Jongin’s chest heaves when he loses his footing. 

 

The hands that grip his coat fall the same time as his body. Sehun manages to catch him in time. Jongin faints on his arms, looking alarmingly pale. 

 

Sehun gulps, but he shakes the panic out of his system, he taps the doctor’s cheek slowly to wake him but there’s no response. With that, he carries Jongin carefully as he rushes to ask for assistance. 

 

"Jongin, please be okay."  


 

An4PCpx.pngAn4PCpx.pngAn4PCpx.pngAn4PCpx.png


 

Sehun looks up when he sees Baekhyun’s furious face when he slams the door open in a hurry. 

 

Baekhyun marches up to him and grabs him by the collar that made him stumble out of his chair. “What did you do to him!” He says in a suppressed voice, gritting his teeth when he turns his head to his best friend resting on the bed. 

 

“We were talki–” 

 

He swears Baekhyun is about to punch him if he doesn't answer him, the other doctor jerks his face closer to him as he clenches his jaw. 

 

Suddenly, they both jolt when Jongin mumbles incoherently, eyebrows furrowed in his sleep. 

 

The other pediatrician promptly pushes him away forcefully to the door. “Dr. Oh, can you please just… leave.” Baekhyun releases an exasperated sigh. 

 

“I can’t, Jongin is still resting.” 

 

The sound of the bed rustles when Jongin rouses out of his sleep. 

 

Baekhyun looks at him and his best friend back and forth in panic. He’s still sweating after taking the stairs instead of the elevator because it’s packed by the time he received Sehun’s text about Jongin. 

 

"Just go, I can take care of him or else!"

 

With one strong push, Sehun stumbles out of the door. Some of the staff are looking at the scene curiously as to why he almost fell in his feet out of Dr. Kim’s office. He didn’t make an effort to go back when it’s obvious that Dr. Byun will beat him if he tries to. 

 

He missed his whole morning shift when he attended and volunteered to care for Jongin. Sehun straightens his coat, he walks away, his face etched with confusion.


 

An4PCpx.pngAn4PCpx.pngAn4PCpx.pngAn4PCpx.png

 

 

Sehun is late again.

 

He dealt with a lot of patients today, as much as he wants to go back to Jongin’s side, he just simply cannot perform his duties. 

 

He stares longingly at the retreating back of Jongin, a hand carefully wrapped around the doctor’s arm by the same man he often sees him with. 

 

The farther they walk away together, his heart cracks bit by bit. The warmth that is settled inside him turns cold when his body goes tense while standing outside the pediatrician’s office rigidly.   

 

He laughs bitterly when the two are out of his view, shaking his head in disappointment–in himself. It’s my fault anyway, he realized.  

 

The obstetrician comes out of a self-indulge pity party when Dr. Byun comes out of Jongin’s office.  

 

“If you’re here for Jongin, he already left with hyung.” 

 

“I saw them leav-” Sehun immediately looks at Baekhyun, feeling shivers crawl throughout his body when his ears pick up Dr. Byun’s word. 

 

“Excuse me, can you repeat what you said? His hyung?” Sehun asks with a comical expression, hands flailing wildly. 

 

Baekhyun steps back a little when Dr. Oh is acting weird in front of him. “Yeah, Junmyeon hyung is Jongin’s brother, we take turns in driving him here and back.”

 

His soul almost left his body when a shocked Dr. Oh grabs him by the upper arms, shaking him hastily.  

 

“HIS BROTHER?!?” Sehun may have asked that very loudly, luckily, the hallway is almost dead since the pediatrician ward doesn’t have any patients around by late afternoon.  

    

Baekhyun, looking shaken, comes out of his grasp when he starts to forcefully wriggle his way out of Sehun’s hold. He looks really taken aback with Dr. Oh’s action. 

 

With hands on his hips, he questions Sehun. “And what about it? Don’t you dare say that you’re getting jealous of hyung.” He cocked his other brow in suspicion.

 

Sehun lowers his gaze, his face is red, hands fiddles his coat pocket. He feels absolutely dumb, years of studying medicine, this is how low his brain can think. Making Jongin cry from his baseless jealousy is a grave mistake of his. He needs to start to think of ways to make up to Jongin. 

 

Dr. Byun gasps, his hunch is right. He wants nothing but to claw Dr. Oh’s face right now. He didn’t get enough sleep when Jongin kept whining about Sehun ignoring his text the whole weekend. To add, his best friend got really stressed out earlier with his confrontation with this annoying doctor in front of him. He's glad nothing really serious happened to him and the baby. He sighs, he prides himself as Jongin’s personal superhero, and now, he’s taking things in his hands to end this misunderstanding. 

 

“You’ve got a handsome face, Dr. Oh, but you’re really stupid, I hope you realize that. You made Jongin cry and I don’t think I’ll be able to forgive if you do it again.” 

 

“I’m sorry, I really do. Please tell me how I can make it up to him.” Sehun clasps his hands near Baekhyun’s face while giving him his best puppy eyes. 

 

Baekhyun rolls his eyes. “That trick won’t work for me.” Of course, he’s just lying. Jongin uses that to him when he wants something, and he always gives in. They are really a match. “But since you look pitiful enough, I’ll give you a tip here.”

 

“I’ll do anything.” Sehun replies, eyes gleaming enthusiastically. 

 

“Get me a reservation at NNG first, table for two, since Jongin and I have always wanted to eat there but the reservation there takes months.”      

 

“Chanyeol’s restaurant? Yeah, I can do that! I can waive your bill in advance too. So please tell me now.” He cries out impatiently.

 

Baekhyun chuckles, he didn’t know Dr. Oh can be childish like this–Just like his best friend.  

 

“Jongin has always liked the language of flowers.” He winks adorably to Dr. Oh. “Just don’t contact him or visit him yet since he’ll be on sick leave for a few days, I want him to rest so I’m leaving you this info for you to deal with. I’ll text you his address later.” Baekhyun slowly waves his hand as he walks away from Sehun. He lets out an evil laugh, looks like his plan will turn out well. 

 

“Language of flowers huh.” Sehun mutters under his breath, internalizing Dr. Byun’s tip while standing outside Jongin’s office awkwardly. 


I like the way Baekhyun and Sehun addressed each other with their titles hehe and I swear Jongin's is gonna reveal it soon, please bear with me with the short chapters 😅 Kudos and comments are very much appreciated! Thank you for reading my story!

Follow me on my new twitter acc @kaiffogato 😙 I am mostly a retweet a lot of stuffs but we can freely scream with each other! 💖💖💖