Chapter 5

Free Delivery!

“What the ”. Sehun slowly sits up, sudden attack headache pounds on his head. The curtain is drawn as the morning sunlight that seeps through the room must’ve awoken him. The obstetrician really hated that his body is used to his work routine, no matter what time he sleeps, he always wakes up early, because he’s not fond of getting late from his shift in the hospital. He could barely open his eyes when he touches the duvet and recognizes it is not his. What sort of stupid thing he did yesterday that he ends up in Chanyeol’s room. He is stripped down to almost nothing except for his mickey mouse boxers. He yawns, thinking that his best friend must’ve taken an embarrassing video of him last night. He could only hope he didn’t post it on his Instagram.   

 

He drinks the glass of water Chanyeol left on the bedside table for him, to soothe his parched throat. He gets up and does a few quick stretches while he walks to Chanyeol’s cabinet to grab a shirt to wear. He gets down to the stairs when he hears lo-fi music blasting on the speakers. He must be working out, Sehun guesses. 

 

Chanyeol’s sweating face greets him as he walks to the kitchen to look if there’s anything edible on his best friend's fridge. “Good morning stupid!” Chanyeol enthusiastically greets, swinging a dumbbell in one hand. 

 

“Why are you working out right now, I thought you said you'd stop for a while?” Sehun says in between his chews on the cold sandwich.

 

“Never mind what I said, I had a hard time carrying you yesterday. That was an eye opener for me.” With furrowed brows, his best friend answers.

 

“Really? I don’t remember what happened after I chugged the whole bottle in one go. Did I do anything shameless after that?”

 

Chanyeol promptly laughs loudly. “You don’t want to know.” He shakes his head. 

 

“Excuse me, you should be glad I asked you for a drink despite my busy schedule. So spill it!” 

 

Chanyeol, eyes still on the movements of his biceps. “You drunk called someone.” He moves the dumbbell on the other hand. “Don’t worry, I totally handled the whole situation well.” 

 

“ Chanyeol just tell me the whole thing.” 

 

“You uhm… drunk called Dr. Kim, whining about him playing with your feelings.” Chanyeol reveals in a shrug. 

 

Sehun suddenly chokes on the sandwich he’s eating, he drops it on the floor and starts to tap his chest heavily. Upon hearing him coughing so loud, Chanyeol immediately drops his dumbbell and runs to him. In one swift slap on his back, Sehun gags out the piece of bread. Wiping the tears that formed on the corners of his eyes, he drinks that water that Chanyeol hands over to him. The sound of the smack is still ringing on his ears, the sting from the slap is gradually getting painful. Never let your friend who lifts weight help you in situations like this, he mentally takes note as he recovers. 

 

“.” 

 

“Hey stop cursing so much, what if your patient hears you.” Chanyeol mutters while he throws away the sandwich that fell on the ground. 

 

Sehun, who’s slightly heaving replies. “You know that I’m only a potty mouth when I’m with you.” His best friend chuckles.  

 

He almost forgot his humiliating act last night after choking on his sandwich.  

 

He lets out a frustrated noise at the back of his throat. “Why did you let me call him? And what else did I say?”

 

Chanyeol huffs. “First of all, I did try to take your phone away from you multiple times, but you’re so stubborn. That’s all he heard ‘cause I got the chance to grab it aside from the noises of you throwing up. I told you I handled it well.” He thumps his chest proudly. 

 

Sehun slowly sinks down on the dining chair as he looks down and grabs both sides of his head to ruffle his hair. 

 

His best friend takes out a chair to sit beside him. “Aww, It’s okay. I know you like Dr. Kim.” He pats Sehun’s head. “To make you feel better, I took a video of you grumbling about it on our way home.” Sehun glares at him adorably, he looks like the cute angry bunny from a movie Chanyeol forgot. “And some embarrassing pictures.” He adds in a low voice. His best friend winks and makes a ‘cross my heart’ motion on his chest. “I didn’t post that if that’s what you’re thinking. This is such a good blackmail material for you, so I’m keeping it.” 

 

Sehun sighs, slumping on the chair. “If you ruin my reputation, I’m dragging you to hell with me.” 

 

Chanyeol leaves the chair for a while and goes back with his phone to let the obstetrician look on the video. 

 

The whole video is shaky, it looks like Chanyeol really struggled to take it. 

 

“H-hey Sehun, stop ing removing y-your seat belt.” Chanyeol snarls behind the camera. 

 

“Lemme go, I’m going to his house.” He attempts to take off the seat belt again only to get his hands slapped by Chanyeol. 

 

“What do you mean, you don’t even know Dr. Kim’s address!” His best friend guffaws. 

 

Sehun pouts, he’s right though. “T-then we can call him a-again.” He wriggles to search his phone in his pocket. 

 

“I took your phone, you can have it tomorrow.” Chanyeol says in his notable deep voice that sounded like he’s lecturing a child. 

 

A few seconds of silence, unending lit street lights pass by. Chanyeol puts his phone on the holder so he can drive in peace, the front camera facing Sehun. 

 

Sehun is leaning his head on the window, upset that Chanyeol took his phone. He grunts, feeling the bile rising to his throat. His best friend screeches. “Oh no! Don’t you dare throw up inside my sweet ride.” 

 

The obstetrician sighs. 

 

“He’s really confusing me. It’s like push and pull, y-you know.” He breathes out. “We’ll go lovey dovey then the next I’ll go jealous for this guy who I don’t even know. Heck, he doesn’t even mention it to me.” 

 

The obstetrician turns to Chanyeol and starts to point and poke his index finger at his best friend’s chest repeatedly. “B-but I can feel it man–In my heart, t-that what I feel, what he feels is genuine. We even got a little excited and did the things…” 

 

“Stop that! It tickles me. If you don’t want to die in a car crash, you behave till we get home.” His best friend swats the finger on his chest like a fly. 

 

Sehun withdraws and crosses his arms, ing his lower lip in annoyance. “This is why you still don’t have a partner to bring to Yoora’s wedding which will happen in a few months, you don’t like romance, but your best friend is a hopeless romantic so deal with it.”

 

Chanyeol groans, even if he’s not seen in the video, the hint of frustration in his voice is evident. “Why do you have to remind me about that.”

 

The video ends after three beeps of an alert sound. 

 

Sehun shakes his head. “Seriously, you don’t have enough storage?” He sighs and slides his back on the chair until his back is pressing on the seat while his legs are on the floor. “How can I show my face to him on Monday.” 

 

“Before I forget, he asked me to tell you to call him when you're sober.” Chanyeol teasingly grins.

 

Sehun fakes crying and continues to slide his body until he’s lying on the floor under his best friend's table. “I’m never going to drink again.”  

 

Chanyeol bows down under the table to grab his arm. “Hey, cheer up romantic, you don’t have to feel obligated to call him you know. I’ll just cook something for you, so get up from the floor.” 

 

“I hope that’s something sweet.” Sehun shrugs. He decides not to tell his best friend that ignoring the other is a tough decision to make for he gets restless because of the certain endearing pediatrician that slowly crept his way into his heart. 

 

 

An4PCpx.pngAn4PCpx.pngAn4PCpx.pngAn4PCpx.png

 

 

Jongin keeps pacing around the room. For crying out loud, it’s Saturday. He’s supposed to relax because he only gets his well-deserved rest on weekends. But still, the call he’s been waiting for doesn't arrive. 

 

He sinks down on his couch, his mind tuning out the show on the television as he dips several marshmallows on the chocolate spread. He opens his mouth widely to eat it.

 

With his cheeks full of marshmallows, he takes his phone and types a message to Sehun. In between his chews, he sends the message without evaluating his decision, ignoring the unsettling feeling in his stomach. He’s irritated–to his morning sickness, to his frequent bloatedness, and to the one who caused it all who’s ignoring him. 

 

“If you have any problem, then ask me. -_-” 

 

 

An4PCpx.pngAn4PCpx.pngAn4PCpx.pngAn4PCpx.png

 

 

Monday rolls so fast and Sehun is never more alert in his life. He makes an extra effort to set his alarms early but it fails when he wakes up late.

 

Just like what his best friend said, he doesn’t have to feel obligated to call him back, so he didn’t. Although, he's still scared to reply to his message–after what he has done, he thinks he doesn’t have the energy to show his face to him, perhaps until he has untangled his messy thoughts. But deep down, he feels like an from the way he treated Jongin, it’s kinda his fault for not communicating with him properly.  

 

He feels uneasy as he looks at his wristwatch while running down to the elevator. He may have ignored a few good mornings from the other staff in haste, but he paid them no mind. Even before it closes, the obstetrician managed to stick his hand inside to stop it from closing. 

 

Sehun breathes a sigh of relief, pressing his floor button when he gets inside the cramped elevators full of the hospital staff. He’s busy fixing his unruly hair when someone clears its throat beside him. Is it flu season? That doctor must’ve got a bad cough, he wonders while clipping his ID perfectly on his coat. 

 

The elevator is almost empty as it nears to his floor when the man beside him refuses to give space or let someone go in between them, he clears his throat again. He groans internally, he’s about to ask the man beside him to wear a face mask because they can’t afford to have flu while being a hospital worker, especially for him, he doesn’t want to risk any pregnant patients around him. 

 

The obstetrician turns his head to speak only to see Jongin looking at him murderously, the cheeks that used to be dusted with pink is now red, including the tips of his ears. He’s clutching his bag tight that Sehun can see his veins pop. He gawks stupidly at the doctor whom he wanted to avoid from the moment he woke up. What is he going to do now? 

 


I may or may not hate myself for struggling to write long chapters 😬😬😬 Sorry for late updates again! Follow me on my new twitter acc @kaiffogato 😙 Thank you for reading!