Chapter 11

Free Delivery!

Hi! This chapter may have caused some confusion about Chanyeol knowing about Jongin's pregnancy, I wasn't clear about that sorry, if you notice his openess and giggles about the issue, that's his cue 😉😉😉


“Huh, m-me?”

 

A million thoughts gear up on Jongin's mind because of his brother's question. A shiver runs throughout his whole body that goes rigid. In adrenaline, he immediately springs up from his seat and goes beside him to protect the poor chef under the scrutiny of his hyung. 

 

“Ah, no, he's uhm very very taken.” 

 

Minseok brings down the glass of wine he's holding elegantly. “Jongin, don't be so rude, let your friend answer my question.” There's a teasing glint on his brother's eyes. 

 

Jongin didn't know that Chanyeol's big expressive eyes could even go wider as he looked at the pediatrician beside him.

 

Chanyeol hesitates but his best friend's boyfriend looks so helpless, he kinda wants to pat his head or maybe read him a bedtime story when he can't fall asleep. “Yes, I am… already in a relationship.” Jongin sighs in relief, his nervous heart almost wants to leave his rib cage.  

 

Now it's the waiter's turn to look confused, his mouth is slightly hanging as he sees through the chef’s' lies. 

 

Minseok chuckles cockily. “That's too bad, you see, my brother here is very very single.” He glares at Jongin before sliding a little on the side of his chair and puts his arm over to Junmyeon who jerked in shock in his seat. 

 

“What? Me?” 

 

The eldest shakes his head, breathing out an airy laugh. “So I assume that Jonginnie knew your friend with his lover?”

 

“B-b-baek.” He stutters because Baekhyun is the first man he thought about, since he won't shut up how single he felt now that his best friend is lovey dovey with his baby daddy, wow that rhymes. “Yes he's with Baekhyun.” He's really sorry for dragging them in his mess, especially Chanyeol, his expression screams ‘Who is Baekhyun?’ 

 

“I see… I didn't know your best friend could snatch such a great man.” Minseok taps his fingers on the table and glances up to Chanyeol. “Sorry for bothering you, Chef Park, we really liked the dining experience, I'll definitely recommend NNG to some of my critique friends.” 

 

“Thank you so much, I appreciate it, sir. I'll be leaving you for now so you can enjoy your dessert.” Before he turns his back, he tugs Jongin's sleeves a little, calling him to follow.

 

The pediatrician chuckles awkwardly at his brothers. “I forgot I gotta tell something to Chanyeol, I'll be back in a minute.” 

 

Jongin manages to catch up with Chanyeol, the chef looks bothered as his waiter asks him about the scene earlier. 

 

“Chanyeol.” Jongin waves, the chef sees him and waves his hand for him to come to the kitchen.” 

 

“Jongin, come, let's talk to my office.” The pediatrician enters the kitchen to go after Chanyeol. The room is filled with steam, and varieties of mouth-watering smell, makes him think about eating again. Every staff greeted Chanyeol with respect, and the chef acknowledged with a nod. 

 

Closing the door of his office, Jongin prepares himself to get an earful from the chef, he is sincerely sorry, there's no way he expects his brother to act like that. He can feel it in his guts that Minseok initially planned to set him up with him, the way he glared at him at that moment makes spiders crawl through his body. 

 

“Oh Chanyeol, I am so so sorr–” 

 

“Hi Jongin, nice to meet you up close. You're really cute just like how Sehun describes you, he's so lucky.” He has this goofy smile on his face as he blurts out those words quickly, his hand is hanging in the air as he waits for Jongin to shake it. 

 

Jongin doesn't know if he really smiled or scrunched his face when he shakes the Chef's hand. 

 

“Nice to meet you too… So I was talk–”

 

“Man, we should take a picture so I can send it to Sehun.” 

 

Sehun, why is your best friend so weird? He is fuming because he doesn't know if Chanyeol is just making fun of him or he's just plainly having a brain size of a pea by cutting him off. 

 

“Chanyeol!” He calls him out when the Chef searches on his pocket for his phone. 

 

“Let's take a selfie later but we need to address what happened earlier.” He directs sternly so that the chef will listen to him. When Chanyeol finally looks at him, he starts to apologize again.

 

“Look Chanyeol, I have no intention to drag you in this mess. I do apologize for my brother's intruding question, he's got this disease wherein he can't be stopped unless his brothers get married or something.” He grabs Chanyeol by the shoulder firmly. “I really like your best friend, Sehun, even if we've just met for a short time. Whenever we are together, I'm in bliss, he makes me so happy that I-I can't explain it well. I know it's too early but I'm already planning my future with him although with uncertainty since he got me pregnant and all–.” 

 

“Shut the hell up.” 

 

“Excuse me?” Jongin asks in an offended voice, he loses his grip on Chanyeol when the chef starts to ruffle his own hair. 

 

“Woah, are you really pregnant? That er didn't even bother to tell me.”

 

Wait, Sehun hasn't told anyone, he realizes. Oh. Jongin is the one who's digging his own grave by being so chatty. 

 

“Uhm I think Sehun plans to, but I think not this way or through me.” Jongin clasps his hands together and bites his lips.  

 

Chanyeol squawks, placing his palm dramatically on the wall to support himself while his other hand rubs his face in surprise. “The night I helped him at the gala… My tactics really worked.” He sounds so proud of himself. 

 

Chanyeol mentally wipes a fake tear and wants give himself a round of applause for acting this good. 

 

Jongin's face goes warm at the mention, he clears his throat to call Chanyeol's attention again. “Okay so now you know, you understand my position right? If so–.” 

 

That's it! This is the third time he interrupted Jongin, he wanted to walk out of the office but when he heard from Chanyeol made him stand there petrified. 

 

“Oh cool, I'd be glad to help you two, oh I mean three.” He giggles adorably as he points to his belly. “So when will I meet this Baekhyun? Are you gonna play pretend? That would be very fun.” 

 

“W-wait, I'm sorry to ask this but do you even swing that way?” Jongin doesn't even know if Chanyeol likes men, he only blabs Baek's name in panic. 

 

“Nah, love is love.” 

 

That's a relief. 

 

“Oh I'll tell him about this first, Baekhyun is my best friend by the way and works at the same department with me in the hospital, I think you'll both complement each other.” Yeah, 'cause you're both loud, funny, and kinda stupid, he snickers internally. 

 

“We can go on a double date if only your friend likes it.” Even if Chanyeol's got an attention span of a puppy, he's already been a blessing to Jongin by offering his help in his current situation. 

 

The pediatrician envelops him in a friendly hug to show his gratitude to the chef. “Thank you so much Chanyeol, I didn't know what I would do earlier if you didn't ride with the conversation with Minseok hyung.” 

 

“I got you covered, but before you leave, let's take a picture first.” 

 

It's great that Sehun's got a supportive best friend like Chanyeol, like what Baekhyun is to him. 

 

An4PCpx.pngAn4PCpx.pngAn4PCpx.pngAn4PCpx.png

 

Soft sounds of the murmurs of the restaurant guests and jazz play in the background. Minseok suddenly snorts. “I've been gone for four years, and still Jongin can't even hide it when he's lying. Perhaps, you can teach him.”

 

“If you're going to insult my skills of being an effective banker, you can shut up.” Junmyeon side-eyes his brother. “You've caused quite a shock there earlier.”

 

“I think Jongin is already seeing someone right now, I just don't know why he's hiding whoever that is from us.”

 

“And seriously just don't set us the hell up hyung, we can do it ourselves. I will settle down by the time I want to. You just arrived and you're already giving us headaches.” Junmyeon massages his temples.

 

Minseok pretends to give up by raising his two hands comically, his brother only manages to sigh. 

 

“Maybe he's dating a patient?”

 

“Or a criminal.” Minseok adds. 

 

“Why would he even, he's too damn scared to break any law so no. What about someone older than him like a lot older and richer.”

 

“Jonginnie doesn't need that, we're loaded.” Well, he’s right though.

 

“Then why would he bother to hide that person from us.” 

 

Minseok circles the glass on his hands, the wine inside it spins in motion. “Perhaps, he's got bigger shocking news.” 

 

Junmyeon gulps. “I hope he's not already married secretly.” 

 

“You're silly Jun.” Minseok laughs. “Speaking of.”

 

Jongin marches towards the table, a heavy pout adorning his face. 

 

“Oh, we're about to finish the bottle, thought you'd only be gone for a few minutes but it felt like years.” His brother snickers. 

 

Jongin rolls his eyes at the two, sorry he doesn’t drink anymore. In a different scenario, he would probably get drunk because of embarrassment. “Minseok hyung! What was that about.” Jongin hisses. He slumps on the chair, picking up a fork to stab the cake that Chanyeol made for them. “I thought we're over that, your obsession with setting us up is getting out of hand.” 

 

“I'm so sorry Jonginnie, you can't blame me, I only wanted the best for my brothers. And stop doing that on the cake if you're not going to eat it.” His brother is really unpredictable, he can drastically change his tone from sweet to scary in a second. 

 

“Just don't do that again hyung.” He mutters in a huff. 

 

“Okay, okay, just tell when we can meet this man of yours.” 

 

“M-me?” He points to himself, his eyes bounce from Junmyeon to Minseok, both of the brothers nod, eyes judging him. 


 

An4PCpx.pngAn4PCpx.pngAn4PCpx.pngAn4PCpx.png

 

6th week


 

Sehun’s car clicks upon locking it, he makes sure to park his car properly before searching Jongin. 

 

He sees a lone figure clad in a big mickey mouse hoodie and sweatpants, sitting by the swing. 

 

“Hi.”

 

Jongin raises his head to search for the familiar voice, he squints his eyes because he couldn't figure out if that's Sehun or a walking tree. But a smile blooms on his face that stretches out the corners of his eyes when he recognizes his charming boyfriend coming towards him. 

 

The pediatrician couldn't sleep, no matter how many times he twisted and the bed. His mind replays the happening earlier at the dinner, and thinking about Chanyeol and his unsuspecting Sehun, makes him feel guilty. 

 

It's not like he's expecting for him to pick up his call since it's midnight, however, in one ring Sehun answered it. 

 

So here they are, the two of them in a park near Jongin's house, with nothing but the speckled stars and the smiling crescent moon watching them.  

 

Sehun got down on one knee in front of him and offered his hand out to Jongin. There he goes with that lowly peasant thing again, Jongin drawls as his heartbeat increases its pace. 

 

“Do you want this lowly peasant to push you on the swing?”

 

Perhaps it’s the cold wind that makes him flush red on his cheeks to the tip of his ears but Jongin knows that the steady warmth source is from within him. “Will you stop doing that antic of yours.” He pretends to be annoyed but grabs the hand outstretched in front of him anyways. 

 

Sehun guides Jongin's hand back to the chain of the swing as he goes behind the pediatrician. “Just warn me if I'm pushing too hard.” 

 

Jongin hums, swinging back and forth as the little force pushes behind him. 

 

An overwhelming sound of the air goes through his ears as the swing goes higher, the soft breeze caresses his skin as he closes his eyes for a little while to savor this moment. A sigh escapes from his lips as he overthinks about his situation with him pregnant and all, soon everyone will find out about it and Jongin isn't sure if he should feel relieved in that idea. 

 

Sehun stops pushing Jongin when he feels that something is off with the latter. “Jongin, is everything all right?” He asks in concern. 

 

The swinging gradually loses its motion. 

 

Jongin suddenly stands up and stretches his arms. “No, but I know things will be better.” 

 

Sehun doesn't understand what Jongin meant with that but the pediatrician intertwines their hands and guides him towards the bench.  

 

The pediatrician places his head on Sehun’s shoulder, the two of them sitting on a bench in front of an empty playground, their hands never leaving each other.

 

“I know there’s a reason why you called me but I won’t force you to tell me right now. So let’s just watch stars tonight.” Sehun mumbles but Jongin only snickers in response.

 

Sehun looks at him, pretending to be offended. “Why are you laughing, I’m trying to be sweet and sensible here.” 

 

Jongin smiles at him, the stoplight on the intersection and the few street lights around the park are incomparable on the way his boyfriend's smile could match the way stars vividly shone above them, it lits his whole world, and suddenly, the dim night lights don’t exist, not when everything in front of him is bright and beautiful.  

 

“I know, and I appreciate it.” He remembered the time he ignored Sehun for two weeks but he never forced him to blurt out the reason for it, and now that he knew about his pregnancy, Jongin knows that he and the baby too can trust him well.  

 

Jongin breathes deep and proceeds to recall the event earlier at the dinner, he told the tales of how he and Junmyeon avoided Minseok’s arrangements, how Chanyeol is dragged in the situation and Baekhyun also. 

 

Sehun laughs so loud that it echoes upon the mention of his best friend and Baekhyun. “I tell you Jongin, that would be chaotic.” 

 

Jongin slaps him lightly on his side, a pout marring his adorable face. “Hey! Don’t laugh, I already figured that out but Baekhyun is the first person to appear on my mind that time.”

 

“I hope you know that it’s not my intention to hide you and our little bean but I’m kinda scared of my brother, so I thought, I would ask you before I tell it to them.” His head bows down, refusing to look on Sehun. 

 

Sehun clicks his tongue, he raises Jongin’s head to squish the pediatrician’s face with his hands, cooing at his boyfriend. “My dear, there’s no way I’ll allow you to go there by yourself, We’ll get through this together with our baby, okay?” 

 

Jongin nods obediently, the icy wind encircles them, both of them shudder at the cold.  

 

The obstetrician stops mushing Jongin’s cheek, his face is too close to him, Sehun’s eyes go back and forth on his eyes and lips, tongue darting to wet his own dry lips. Jongin leans first, closing his eyes, and pressing a soft kiss on his boyfriend’s lips because he thinks that Sehun is hesitating or more like shy to initiate their kiss. 

 

It’s slow, gentle and full of emotion, Jongin lets out a happy sigh as Sehun embraces him, calming his distraught mind with tenderness, the heat that envelops his body seeps within him that travels to his beating heart.    

 

Jongin disconnects their lips with a grin, lips red, and a deep blush on his cheeks. “What’s got you so shy, doc?” Sehun only manages to let out a laugh and hugs him tighter, Jongin being a good boyfriend, snuggles further on his chest.  

 

“Oh before I forgot...” He looks at Sehun, who’s waiting for his answer patiently. “I accidentally revealed to Chanyeol that I’m pregnant.”  


chanyeolwasjustpretendingforJongin'swellbeing, to clear some confusion 😅 Jongin is such a worrywart, since he kinda slips it out without Sehun knowing, but given that Chanyeol is always there for his best friend, cue some flashbacks on the next chapter, sorryyyy, I should've been clear on that!

/HEAVY BREATHING/ Chanyeol is so cute 😚😚😚 Surprise, surprise! (kinda) 🤗 So it's two updates in one week 💖 Hope you liked it! Thank you for reading 😍

Twitter: @kaiffogato. Support Baekhyun,Lay's album and Chanyeol's new release! Thank you! AND OF COURSE EXO-SC & KAI SOLO 💕