Chapter 1

Free Delivery!

"Yep, it is positive, you're pregnant."

 

"Hyung, can I do the test again?" Jongin asked in an attempt to deny the actual fact that is shown in the pregnancy kit.

 

Baekhyun rolled his eyes at Jongin's reply. "Jongin, don't act so dumb, you're a doctor too. You know what that two lines meant. Now, since I proclaim myself as the godfather of your child, tell me who is the lucky baby daddy?"

 

"I-ugh, I can't."

 

Baekhyun then held his face near to him and squished his cheeks. "It's the charming obstetrician from ward 14, Oh Sehun, right?"

He squinted his eyes on Jongin as a warning, for him not to lie on his best friend.

 

It was followed by silence. Jongin shook his head as he felt the tears streaming on his face. "Hyung, what am I going to do."

 

Jongin cried so much on his best friend's chest that day. He doesn't really cry at all, the last time was when he almost failed a qualifying exam during med school. It's all Sehun's fault, if not for his stupid charm, then all of these things wouldn't happen.


 

An4PCpx.pngAn4PCpx.pngAn4PCpx.pngAn4PCpx.png


 

It's been two weeks since the waterworks drama that he and his best friend shared, two weeks have passed and now he's 4 weeks pregnant, two weeks since he last talked to Dr. Oh.

 

He's been ignoring the said doctor and opted to focus on his rotation in the pediatrics department. 12 missed calls and 38 texts asking him what happened or if he's okay were flooded in his phone. He won't deny it but he kinda misses the handsome obstetrician. It took him a lot of self-control to ignore him. Luckily, his best friend has been covering for him whenever Dr. Oh comes to their post, providing every excuse no matter how dumb it is just to give Jongin more time to think about what's he's going to do in his current situation.

 

Knock. Knock.

 

"Hello! Earth to Dr. Kim."

 

Jongin startles from the loud sound as he comes out of his reverie when Byul starts to knock again on the diaphragm of his stethoscope which is still on his ears.

 

Jongin pouts and sighs heavily.

 

"Is there something wrong Dr. Kim?" The kid tilts her head in confusion. He is not usually like this during her check-ups.

 

Jongin smiles and ruffles her hair. "Oh don't worry nothing is wrong. It seems that your lungs were cleared from phlegm now, that's very good." He gives her thumbs up in which the child returns with a grin.

 

As he writes the prescription for Byul. "Dr. Kim, I think you're getting handsomer every time we meet." His 4 year old patient points out. Her mother beside her chuckles. "I agree with her too, doctor."

 

After his check-up with Byul, which is his last patient before lunch has already left. He now needs to go to Baekhyun's office to invite him for lunch, because he's been craving for that special ramen restaurant about a 3-minute walk away from the hospital. He's about to lift himself from his chair when the door slams open.

 

He lets out a shriek as he was again startled but this time it is more intense.

 

Baekhyun appears by the doorway and he seems to be sweating and breathing heavily. Hands on his knees, he is waving frantically, like he wants to say something. Jongin who's a bit dumbfounded asks him. "Did you just run all the way to here?"

 

His best friend still trying to catch his breath mutters "He's–he's here. You should leave n–." Before Baekhyun can finish what he's about to say, a hand covers his mouth.

 

Baekhyun stops talking, he closes his eyes and slumps in defeat. Stepping aside, revealed Dr. Oh, whose hand is still covering Baekhyun's mouth. He smiles cheekily although he cannot miss a hint of annoyance written on his face. He is just standing there, all in his white coat that compliments his dark hair and perfectly defines his broad shoulder, and yet his simple appearance never fails to make his heart skip a beat.

 

"Jongin, my dear, I missed you so much."