IV: Moon Jung Soo

A Part Of Me Is You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

November 2015

 

Joong Ki was on his way out of the hospital after being discharged three days from when he was admitted because of the injury he acquired during filming.

 

He got admitted to a hospital in an outskirt town where they had their filming. It was a small hospital that was enough to cater the small town's basic medical needs.

 

He stopped on his tracks when he unexpectedly saw Chae Won who just made her way in the hospital's premises. Out off all places, this was the least he thought he would be crossing paths with her, actually, it was never on the list if he had one.

 

It was not Chae Won's first time there, yet she could only recognize few faces who worked in that hospital; the morning shift receptionist, her doctor and the assistant. She never even get to speak with the receptionist as she already knew where to go.

 

Seeing Joong Ki in that place was a huge surprise to her as well. Slowly, she wrapped her long coat around her body as if to eliminate cold running through her veins. Her slowed steps started to go back to it's normal pace after she let her mind took control of her, neglecting her heart's emotion.

 

When he succeeded in pulling himself back to his senses, he resumed his steps heading towards the exit.

 

The cold breeze that only the two of them could feel blew soon as they met halfway.

 

Joong Ki halted thinking she would do the same, but Chae Won just passed by him as if he was invincible to her. He let his eyes followed her figure and when she completely disappeared from his sight he let out a breathe he didn't know he was holding.

 

"Why are in you here? Are you hurt somewhere? I hope you're not," he said softly to himself.

 

When he arrived in his car, he took out his phone while waiting for his manager who was still settling his discharged papers. For a while he stared blankly at the phone in his hand before he let out an exasperated sigh. Chae Won's figure was stuck on his mind and he can't help but feel hurt in the way she ignored him.

 

Inside, Chae Won felt her legs went soft caused by Joong Ki's sudden appearance. When she was inside the lift she immediately held onto the handrail to hold herself up. "Why?" She asked in her mind, "Why now?"

 

 

 

The night later, Chae Won got a call from Seung Joon asking to meet for dinner. It has been nearly three months since they've know each other, and it has been almost a month since Chae Won let him in her life. He was persistent and she was tired of shutting herself out from people who just wanted to take care of her. Seung Joon was a good man, he was always there ready for rescue. 

 

No, he was not courting her nor making a move on her, he just happened to be her doctor when she had an accident three months ago, and since then, he was a help to her in a lot of ways.

 

Chae Won was emotionally tired after what happened earlier that day so she asked to meet at her place instead. It was the first time Chae Won let him in her house and thanks to him she felt a little better.

 

 

 

December 2015

 

Joong Ki and the Descendant's team reached the end of their filming. It was set to air February the next year. Little did he knew it will be going against Chae Won's upcoming drama as well.

 

"Noona," he called. He could not deny but his respect and admiration to Ha Jin, a senior to him and his counterpart in his latest drama, grew even bigger.

 

Ha Jin was a great actress and have been well known for decades. She was popular and had good reputation not only to the entertainment world but also to the public.

 

"Joong Ki," she greeted him with a hug.

 

They became closer having working together for months. Joong Ki asked her to keep in touch and so did they. Ha Jin was good at maintaining good relationship with the people she worked with.

 

They have met multiple times even after the filming was wrapped up. They didn't see it coming but they fell for each other along the way.

 

Joong Ki had been attracted to her and he realize it was beyond just the appearance halfway trough their filming. She was full of dignity, strong willed, easy going and matured, it wasn't a surprise that he would fall for her. Joo Hwan's words to him couple of months ago came true after all.

 

It was never his intention. His heart just started to feel something special for her. And then, he got reminded of Chae Won. "I'm sorry," he could only say. He could still remember how she was getting overly suspicious of him and his co-star leading her to be a little possessive of him.

 

Chae Won was vocal about how she feared something will change and he will drift away. He never thought Chae Won could be the type of a woman as she was always calm, preserved and knows her self worth.

 

It was his first project after they dated so he thought he might be wrong. Still he hoped he could keep her grounded and he could make way to keep their relationship but it was too overwhelming with all the things going on around him. He had tons of work, he had so much expectations he needed to meet.

 

In just a month of Chae Won's excessive mood swing, he gave up. He admitted he could have done better, but maybe he let go without much fight because deep in him he was really falling for someone else already.

 

Joong Ki confessed to Ha Jin on the night of January 1st the following year. It was through a luxurious dinner date. Joong Ki was friends with Yoo Ah In and Ah In was very close to Ha Jin. He asked him for help and so he got to have the dinner with her.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter