XVIII: Uncle, Father

A Part Of Me Is You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

XVIII:

 

 

A week later, Chae Won received a message from Joong Ki, asking if he could take Jung Soo to skating. He was precise in informing her about the details; where it is located and whom the place belongs to. It was a safe place and she knew he could be trusted. Despite their ill fated relationship, she does know Joong Ki values his family so much, and she could trust him with Jung Soo’s safety.

 

 

Still, she came up with a decision not to let Jung Soo go.

 

 

“You kept coming back and forth about your decisions, Chae Won,” Geun Young frustratedly said. “Last time you decided to let destiny take charge, and now you’re against the idea of letting him be with his father?” Geun Young raised an eyebrow at her friend, “Make that make sense Moon Chae Won.”

 

 

“I don’t know,” she said, frustrated. “When I saw them last time, I couldn’t help but admire their view.” Geun Young listened. “I felt Jung Soo deserved to have that... a father.”

 

 

“I see, then maybe next time,” was Joong Ki’s response to her rejection.

 

 

Chae Won thought about it once more, then started typing a reply. “How about Thursday morning?”

 

 

Another reply came so fast, like lightning. “That won’t be a problem, let’s call it a date.”

 

 

“Oh I mean, agreed-date.”

 

 

“I’m sorry.”

 

 

“Hehehe”

 

 

Those came one after another.

 

 

“Am I ready for this?”

 

 

Geun Young took a seat beside her and held her hands, “Ready or not, this is long overdue.” She patted her hands to assure her whatever happens, in the end it’ll be fine. “We are here along the way.”

 

 

“Thank you.”

 

 

Geun Young hugged her tight, “Ahh, unnie’s age is the only thing that’s more matured than me,” she teased, making Chae Won push her friend’s body away from her.

 

 

“Are you my friend or Joong Ki’s friend?” Before Geun Young could say anything, she complained, “Ahh, I forgot, you were his friend way before I became yours.”

 

 

“No, he is just a school acquaintance-friend and you are a friend-friend,” she corrected.

 

 

Chae Won just rolled her eyes.

 

 

 

*  *  *

 

 

“So you are excited over skating with some friend’s child?” A man who looks similar to him asked.

 

 

Joong Ki showed his perfect white teeth, showing how happy he was. “It’s skating after-all.”

 

 

His elder brother could not help but be suspicious of Joong Ki, despite knowing how his younger brother loved skating. He felt that there was more to it than that. “Tell me, whose child is it?”

 

 

“Why do you ask?” Joong Ki laughed uneasily.

 

 

Sang Jun raised a brow at his tensed brother, “A single mother, isn’t it?”

 

 

Joong Ki stuttered, “w-what? What’s into you?”

 

 

“Relax,” the elder man laughed victoriously. He’s intuition was telling him he was close to hitting what Joong Ki is not telling. “You’re an actor but could not hide some things properly.”

 

 

“Yah, don’t get wrong ideas.”

 

 

“Your denial seems so wrong Joong Ki-ssi, it only adds to my curiosity.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter