XXII: Solace

A Part Of Me Is You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

XXII

 

 

2022 January

 

Kwang Soo was in a deep thought, his hand under his chin, supporting the weight of his head. He pursed his lips once his head started forming an ideal reason to answer his confusion.

 

Joong Ki was waiting for his remark in his most relaxed state.

 

Shaking his head, reforming his thoughts as it got tangled at some point. Seconds kept passing and Joong Ki was silently enjoying sweet snacks in front of them. “Don’t rush it, think it thoroughly. I won’t mind you taking your time, my friend.” He smiled cheerily.

 

The moment Kwang Soo formed the justification for his confusion, he uttered his words carefully, so as to not clutter his explanation. “Given that Chae Won is letting you see Jung Soo for three times now…”

 

“Fifth,” Joong Ki proudly corrected.

 

“Okay fifth,” Kwang Soo rectified his own mistake. “Something makes it fishy, like, she’s still into you and with your interest in her son she’s actually getting free access to seeing you.”

 

Joong Ki suppressed a laugh even before Kwang Soo could finish his theory. Noticing how Joong Ki reacted, Kwang Soo squinted in refusal to his own guess, “Right? It’s beyond illogical.”

 

“It is,” Joong Ki concurred. “Do you want me to give you a more convincing reason?” He offered.

 

Kwang Soo was skeptical about Chae Won’s positive response to Joong Ki’s invites. When Joong Ki and her broke up, it also was the time she cut ties with him. He never criticized her for her decision of doing so, instead, he understood her. Kwang Soo had always hoped Chae Won would be well, knowing that her separation with Joong Ki was a bad one.

 

“Chae Won being into me really sounds favorable I admit, but to be truthful, she just moved on and this relationship we are building these past months is called, mending a friendship.”

 

A burst of a fake laugh escaped from Kwang Soo’s wide opened mouth. “That’s a lame cover up Mr. Joong Ki. Mending a friendship?” He faked a laugh once more, “We know it’s just an overused excuse from past lovers to start anew.”

 

“Then what’s not an excuse to you? Chae Won fancying over the man who hurt her before?”

 

“Now that I think about it,” Kwang Soo moved further away from Joong Ki slyly. “You are not worth fancying over.” He knew he was gonna get some kind of beating so he swiftly brought a throw pillow at his upper level to protect his face from Joong Ki’s attack.

 

Joong Ki’s reflexes were fast but Kwang Soo’s preparedness for the charge saved him from the tissue box that Joong Ki tossed towards him.

 

Kwang Soo lowered his cover when he felt the item already dropped on the floor, he knew Joong Ki was not so petty to keep bombarding him. Joong Ki though turned to be a little petty when he threw a pea he was going to eat at

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter