VIIII: Our Contrary

A Part Of Me Is You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Mid 2019

 

"Breaking: Song Joong Ki filed divorce from wife Song Ha Jin."

 

It was a surprising news. Geun Young had open as she read the article from top to end.

 

When done, she sent the link of the article to the ladies’ kakao group.

 

"Daebak!" She sent.

 

A moment later Hyo Joo replied.

 

"Wow? That did not last long. That's sad."

 

They did not say it but surely they were waiting for Chae Won's reaction. It was nothing malicious but was plain curiosity.

 

 

 

Chae Won was putting Jung Soo to sleep when she heard her phone made a message notifications sound.

 

When Jung Soo had fallen to sleep, Chae Won carefully get off the bed and grabbed her phone from the table.

 

She did not expect to see Joong Ki's name to be the first message she'll read. She bit the tip of her finger nail.

 

"She has seen the message." It was Hyo Joo.

 

"Probably reading it alreaady." It was Geun Young.

 

Those were the last messages that came from her friends. They're waiting, she knew.

 

She sneered.

 

"If you're so curious, well, to disappoint you, all I can say is I'm sad for him, for them." Chae Won replied.

 

Both friends sent an amazed emoji.

 

"No sudden hope or anything?" Geun Young replied once more.

 

"I mean, I know you're very much happy now but who knows if there's actually something buried deep down that was just waiting for its timing to resurface?" She added.

 

"You know I'm against Geun Young doing these talks but I just want to check on your real feelings too." Hyo Joo replied.

 

Chae Won took time to answer. She placed a hand on her chest as if checking her heart. She smiled, a genuine one. She was okay.

 

She typed in her reply, "I'm exactly where I am suppose to be. My heart has found its rest. I'm happy, contented. I'm beyond okay."

 

Her friends felt that even through digital message and they were happy for her.

 

 

 

Chae Won crossed her arms, standing, waiting for someone to get out from the guest room.

 

When that person showed up and walked closer to her, fixing himself, her smile grew wider.

 

He stopped in front of the woman and he was surprised how she slowly slipped her arms through his waist, hugging him.

 

"Thank you," she whispered.

 

He hugged her back. It wasn't too tight but it wasn't too loose, just the same intensity as what she gave him. It was comforting. It was natural.

 

"And I love you," she added.

 

A smile creeped on his face, one that was accompanied with butterflies going round and round inside his stomach. Yes, he still felt giddy even after years and he knew he'd continue to have it, and he wasn't complaining.

 

He pulled back and let the twist in his stomach calm down before he spoke. He just stared at her and she waited holding his stare.

 

After a while he started, "I have been holding on to this since the year started." He fished something from his pocket but failed to find what he intended to show.

 

He laughed softly at himself.

 

"I don't have it in me right now but I wanna ask you anyway."

 

He inhaled some courage, while she was just waiting for his next words.

 

"Marry me?" It was simple but it held the biggest sincerity and love there was.

 

Her smile was a great compliment for his nervousness. That smile alone took away the tense he had.

 

Her tears well up and her eyes twinkled with happiness.

 

"I will."

 

He relaxed even more.

 

Seung Joon pulled her in a tight hug. "Thank you."

 

The room overflowed with happiness. Happiness shared do gets doubled.

 

Everything was perfect. She moved on. She was thankful, happy. They were happy. It was without a doubt.

 

 

 

 

"Exclusive: Moon Chae Won to tie knot with non-celebrity boyfriend before the year ends."

 

The article came from a not known publisher, thus, it did not gain much buzz as netizens were skeptical about it.

 

Despite that, it still reached quite amount of people including some celebrities, but all they did was read the title and scrolled. To some it was a clickbait, to some they thought the publisher was not credible.

 

"Wow, Moon Chae Won is getting married." One stylist shared. She was reading the short and snubbed article.

 

The stylist caught the attention of other staff's in the room. There were

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter