X: I'm Sorry

A Part Of Me Is You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

August 2020

Halfway through August, Joong Ki had started filming for a new drama.

He and some other casts were on the waiting room.

"Ah, such a cutie." Ye Hwa swooned over a child's photo.

"Who's that?" Young Joon peeked.

Ye Hwa shared her phone with him, showing him the photo. "My best friend's nephew."

"He'd be a great actor one day, he's more handsome than me." Joon stated a fact.

"I bet he would. His mom's a great actress."

"Oh really? Who's son?"

Joong Ki was just listening. He was on the same room.

"Moon Chae Won senior."

Suddenly, Joong Ki's ears was all on their's. He was eager to hear more.

"Wow," Young Joon took the phone from his co-star, of course after asking for consent. He moved the phone from all angles trying to see the resemblance that was actually obvious. "It does look like her. The father must be handsome too?"

"He was!"

"You've seen him?" Joong Ki asked and both younger actors shifted their attention on him. They actually forgot he was there since he originally don't share the same waiting room as them.

Joong Ki was there looking for Kyung Won, his label-mate.

Joong Ki found it fascinating how he always happened to be in the same room with people who talks about Moon Chae Won. First, about her marriage that remained a mystery to everyone. There was no article written about it aside from last year's, which also came from a questionable source.

And then this.

"Umm, yeah? Through pictures."

"Tell me about it," Yoon Hye asked after she had her make up done. She dismissed her make up artist and stylist short after, and the two silently went out of the room after arranging their things on her desk area.

"He was a doctor, that's as much as I know."

"How about the marriage?" Joong Ki unconsciously asked. He realized what he just said and thought of explaining when he saw all their eyes was on him. "I mean, some staff from my previous work talked about an article saying she was marrying."

Ye Hwa sighed, "They were supposed to."

"Supposed?" All of them got curious with the words she chose to use but it was Yoon Hye who was fast to ask.

Ye Hwa bobbed, "I'm not sure if I should say this though?"

"Why not?" Young Joon asked.

Ye Hwa heaved a sigh, "My best friend told me about the unfortunate accident Seung Joon, Chae Won's fiancé, got into."

Joong Ki felt his heart being squeezed. Maybe he was hurt for Chae Won even before knowing what happened next.

"What happened?" Yoon Hye asked in terror.

"He was announced dead on arrival."

Joong Ki could not understand what he was feeling but he knew he was heartbroken knowing about it. Chae Won must've been in so much pain, he thought.

When he messaged Chae Won during last week's premiere of her new drama, he had planned that to be the first and last time that he would do it.

He was honestly just amazed with her performance and sent his appreciation. On the second week he did not message her anymore though he was still watching her show and had so much appreciation to say. He thought it won't be right knowing so well that they did not end in good terms. He also thought it won't be a nice act towards her probably husband.

It was Monday and he was eagerly waiting for Wednesday.

Two days had passed and he found himself composing a message, again.

"It's sad that we'll only have one episode this week, and it really left us hanging with that end credits."

He sent the message to her.

He thought hard. He has been thinking since last Monday when he heard what happened to her fiancé.

Joong Ki decided he would send her appreciation for her performance every week. It wasn't taking advantage. It was his sincere thoughts.

Making a move on her wasn't on his list though he acknowledged his lost when he let her slip. But he also thought that it's not wrong to be friends again. Whatever happens after, he let fate took charge.

 

August 2019

"I want to have the wedding before this month ends," he said.

Chae Won was surprised. "All of a sudden?"

He nodded, "We don't have to worry I know a good organizer who could provide quality in short time."

She chuckled. Was he serious? She thought. "I mean, I'm not into extravagant celebrations. A simple one is enough but a sudden one?" She was shaking

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter