II: I'll Let Him Go

A Part Of Me Is You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter II:

 

2014

 

Early 2014, Chae Won didn't have much on her plate and found herself missing Joong Ki more and more each day. She longed for more work when it wasn't long since she finished her last drama. Usually she took long breaks in between projects but she didn't want to have a lot of time doing nothing, she'll only miss Joong Ki even more.

 

Luckily, she has been offered a lot of projects after working three hit dramas in three consecutive years. She started reviewing offers non-stop, good thing she has her friend Moon Geun Young to remind her to take it easy and breathe.

 

Soon enough, she started filming a short film that she can somewhat relate to, Awaiting. She was indeed waiting. The movie was sad and she didn't want her wait to end up like how her character in the film did.

 

With the help of her close friends, she was starting to give herself a break from trying to divert her mind and trying to keep herself occupied. She felt sorry for treating him the way she did, keeping her mind off from thinking of him when she was supposed to think of him everyday, and remind herself of the love they have for each other. She learned to wait for him by living each day reliving their days together, until they'll be reunited once again and create more memories together. She embraced the feeling of missing him each day, and by that, her longing grew bigger and her love for him became stronger.

 

Halfway through the year, she started getting busy once more, not because she wanted to occupy her mind with something else, but because she was highly interested of two projects she has been offered with. She spent half the rest of the year filming two romance movies. It's a light movie and it has been years since she acted in similar genre, she also got to act with one of her close celebrity friend, Lee Seung Gi. It was a reunion project.

 

 

2015

 

Four months of wait and Joong Ki will be discharged. During the first two months, Chae Won only had few shoots for brands she endorsed and a new CF. It was a short break since she'll soon be filming for a pre-produced drama Goodbye Mr. Black which was set to air the next year. "Just a little more wait," she whispered to herself.

 

 

Start of the month May, Joong Ki was given his ten days end service vacation. On his first day he went directly to his hometown in Daejeon. He spent three days with his family and went back to Seoul on the fourth day.

 

He took out his phone when he felt it vibrate. He answered and connected it to his earpiece.

 

"Are you on your way, oppa?" It was Chae Won.

 

A tiny smile formed on his face upon hearing her voice. "Mm, how about you?"

 

"I'm already here." She grinned at herself. "I came at dawn to avoid public's eyes."

 

He nodded though she wouldn't see it. "I miss you."

 

She smiled from the other line, "I miss you too, so much," she responded without missing a beat. "And I love you," she added.

 

"Me too," said Joong Ki. He was still overwhelmed with the fact he finally heard her voice. He did since three days ago, but he still wanted to hear more.

 

"You too, what?"

 

"I love you."

 

The night has came, Joong Ki asked her if she would stay for the night and without thinking much she nodded.

 

Lying beside each other with her head resting on his arm, Chae Won shifted to lie on her side. She looked at him who opened his eyes from her sudden movement, "I missed you."

 

Joong Ki stared in her eyes for a moment before he brought himself to kiss her. He held her face with one hand while slowly supporting his weight with his other arm. Gently he laid her on her back. One hand still on the side of her face while the other was traveling to her waist. Chae Won held his hand that was on her face while the other hand caressed the back of his neck. He pulled back gently to look at her face that was beneath his. She opened her eyes slowly, meeting his gaze. They held each other's gaze briefly, "I love you" he said. She smiled at him and replied softly, "I love you too." He then let his lips dive back to hers.

 

It was already seven when Joong Ki woke up, he hasn't had good sleep in his time in the camp. He woke up with Chae Won in his arms, he smiled looking at her peaceful sleeping face, she has gotten more prettier, he could see. He gently tucked her hair behind her ear causing her to  flinch a bit. He kissed her forehead before tossing his comforter and hopping off his bed. He headed straight for shower after getting out of bed. That was one of his routine at the training ground, and he got to apply that on his daily life.

 

Chae Won woke up an hour later. She slowly opened her eyes and saw Joong Ki was already sitting on his side of the bed, his back was leaning on the headboard. Recalling the night she blushed from embarrassment. She closed her eyes, subtly biting her lower lip and brows slightly furrowed.

 

It didn't go unnoticed by him as he puffed out an air through his nose, smiling. "Should I close my eyes?" he said playfully. Chae Won could only smile.

 

After she got herself ready, she went out to the living area where Joong Ki was peacefully reading a script. "Reviewing work already?"

 

Without looking away from his script he answered, "Um. This one's good."

 

Nodding she asked, "How about breakfast? What do you want, I'll make it."

 

He put down the script, stood up and started walking to the kitchen. "I made it already, I was waiting for you so we could have it together."

 

Chae Won followed him to the dinning area where foods were already prepared. "How's filming?" He asked.

 

"Tough but its fun. I'm loving this kind of genre, I might want to act more in an action drama in the future," she felt proud of the growth she has as an actor. "Filming ends in a month."

 

 

After ten days off duty, he served another two weeks and three days before his long awaited discharge. Feeling all excited he packed his things and getting ready to leave early the next day. "Thanks," he said after receiving a lot of congratulatory from his comrades. "You too, take care of yourselves and I'll see you guys outside, soon."

 

After leaving the camp early the next day, and having time to actually use his phone, he called Chae Won seeing how he had missed her calls.

 

Without letting the first ring to finish, Chae Won immediately answered it, "Oppa you did it, congratulations!" she said, being the first one to talk.

 

It made Joong Ki laugh softly, "Are you that excited to congratulate me?"

 

She bobbed, "Mm, and I'm excited to see you again."

 

Joong Ki sneered, "And spend the night with me again?" He teased.

 

"Stop it, really. Anyway have you made your public appearance already?"

 

"I'm on my way to it." He stopped just far enough from where the press and his fans were waiting for him.

 

"I see I have to let you go for now then." She felt sad but she knew she'll see him very soon anyway.

 

"It seems so," he could hear her disappointment from her voice. "Don't be too disappointed," he couldn't help but smile at her. "I'll see you very soon."

 

After his phone call he made his appearance in front of those who has been waiting for him, probably for an hour or so already.

 

Joong Ki was fetched by his manager afterwards, together with his parents who were waiting inside the van. They went directly to his place and his parents are going to spend the night over. He asked Chae Won to drop by his house but she couldn't knowing It was the best time for paparazzis who wanted to get a scoop from him. He explained it to his parents and they understood. His mother was clearly disappointed since she's looking forward to see her "daughter-in-law", as what she labeled her.

 

Despite Chae Won visiting them once a month since the year started, his mother is so fond of her that she wanted to see her more often. His father on the other hand was just civil with it.

 

The next day he met Chae Won at their usual meeting place just to fetch her using his car and head back to his place without anyone suspecting. They spent the day like how they usually do, silence was still comfortable between them. She concluded nothing has changed and it was a relief.

 

Two weeks la

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter