XIV: Positive

A Part Of Me Is You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

May 2021

 

"Hi"

 

"Hello"

 

That was a rather short greeting.

 

"Chaewon-ah," Joon Gi entered the scene. He slid his hand on the small of her back, she gave him a quick glance and a subtle smile before turning her attention back to the man standing in front of them. "Who do we have here? Joong Ki-ssi." He greeted with a wide smile.

 

"It's you again Joon Gi sunbaenim."

 

The younger lass was not amused by the senior actor's timing. You can tell he was selfish but he didn't care, he just wanted to have an alone time with her. Just for a little longer, even if there's only silence to envelop them.

 

As if the universe was on his side, hearing him, another senior actor excused himself politely and borrowed Joon Gi from them. For what reason, Joong Ki doesn't know but he was thankful nonetheless.

 

He smiled awkwardly once they were left alone. He loved how the world was adjusting to him. The crowed toned down even more and they were almost alone from where they were standing.

 

"How are you?" He started with the most typical, boring question. He doesn't know what to talk to her, he just wanted to keep her there for as long as he can.

 

It was clear to him now. She would always hold a special place in him. She would always be a part of him.

 

"Good. How about you?" She knew it was a lame exchange of greeting but she doesn't know anything better. She was plain and she's concerned if it would cut their talk short.

 

"Good. How about Jung Soo?" He can't explain but he had grown affection towards the child he had only met once.

 

Her heart skipped a beat. She never expected she'd hear Jung Soo's name from him. She was staggered, it took her time to respond. She swallowed trying hard not to stutter. "Good."

 

It was silence that came after.

 

His mind panicked, thinking of what to say next just to keep her in his company.

 

"Cha Ji Won... you portrayed her so well."

 

"Thank you," she bit the inside of her lower lip. "I'm sorry I haven't watched Vincenzo yet." She really had her way with honesty.

 

He chortled. She was still harsh with her honesty, he thought.

 

"You're still you."

 

"Yeah," she laughed doubtfully.

 

Another silence. It was something he wouldn't mind but he was afraid it might put their conversation to an end.

 

"If you ask me," he looked at her straight in her eyes. "You won that award. You did amazing."

 

Her eyes was searching for any hint that says he was only sugar-coating his words but all she could see was his sincerity. She was familiar of that emotions he has in his eyes. He wore that a lot before. She still recognize, she still knows him —and maybe that sting just a teeny-tiny bit somewhere inside her.

 

He held her gaze intensely that she had to blink and look away. "Thanks. You did great too, Joon Gi oppa did great too. Shin Hya Kyun sunbaenim too…"

 

Joong Ki pursed his lips. She did not need to add anything after praising him, he complained in his mind.

 

"Chae Won-ah”

 

Both turned to the owner of the voice's direction. It was Lee Seung Gi. He was eyeing Joong Ki with a not so friendly glare. He was at a distant. He set his eyes back on Chae Won and in an instant his eyes shifted emotions. It was a lot softer.

 

"Need help?" He asked.

 

Chae Won pressed a thin, reassuring and a thankful smile. "It's okay, thank you."

 

He bobbed his head once, "Okay, I'll be just here." With that, he left them alone. He knew he could trust her.

 

Chae Won faced Joong Ki once more, "It's getting really late, I have to go."

 

He felt his body sank. It ended there, too short for his liking. He nodded nonetheless.

 

She smiled at him for the last time.

 

"Send my regards to Jung Soo." He said before she could turn away from him.

 

She almost froze at his mention of Jung Soo for the second time. She knew she would never get used to it. She could only nod in response.

 

The image of her back walking away still hurts him. Not as much as it did six years ago, but still aches somehow. It did last year too. And he knew it would continue to be like that every time, no matter how rare or often it happens. He just knew. It's the fact that she is no longer his person, and he is no longer a part of her life.

 

 

 

*   *   *

 

 

 

September 2015

 

Positive.

 

How can it be?

 

What will happen to me now? My career? Those who look up to me?

 

Chae Won took the second pregnancy test and it showed an obvious positive this time. It has only been two weeks since the breakup.

 

How about oppa?

 

Should I tell him? Will he comeback if I do? No. I can't ruin him, his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter