Choi Siwon and Lee Donghae

Friends with Benefits
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The following day, Hyukjae got to work a little earlier than usual to make up for missing work yesterday. He entered the building and went straight up to Shindong's office to check for any other memos he may have missed while he was out. Surprisingly, the other male was already there sitting in his chair. 

"Shindong hyung, why are you here so early?"

"Didn't you get my email yesterday?" Shindong said a hint of nervousness in his voice. Hyukjae tilted his head a little puzzled as to what could possibly faze his friend like this. "Yah, this is such a big deal. Make sure you don't mess it up, okay?"

Hyukjae rolled his eyes and crossed his arms across his chest. "When have I ever done that?"

"Aiyah- you know what I mean." Shindong patted his shoulders before walking out of the office with Hyukjae right behind him. "This is such a great opportunity for us. I spoke with their marketing head and he informed me that they're looking for a more permanent partner to merge with them. Hyuk! Do you know what that means?" Hyukjae smiled seeing how excited Shindong was getting and new he didn't have to answer since the latter was perfectly fine having a conversation on his own. "We can be part of the big leagues soon! Blue Jewel agency will be widely known by everyone in South Korea and people will line up out of our office auditioning to be part of our company!" Shindong's hands were moving animatedly in the air as he tried to paint the perfect picture for Hyukjae. 

"Hahahaha. Why don't we take it one step at a time?" Hyukjae suggested then chuckled amusingly when Shindong's smile dampened and sneered a little at him. He let him go and entered his dance studio to the right. "Before you go all dream crazy on me, let's meet the cast first. I'm amazing but I'm no miracle worker. If they can't dance, they can't dance."

"Yah, Lee Hyukjae." Shindong warned as he followed Hyukjae inside his dance studio. "I'm not kidding. I need 100- no, 1000% on this project, okay? Whatever happens in this production could be a game changer."

Hyukjae chuckled and started stretching in front of the mirror. "Yes, hyung. I got it." He twisted his waist to the left while keeping his arms across his chest. Shindong, satisfied that he got his point across to Hyukjae, nodded his head before leaving him to prepare for their new trainees. Hyukjae watched him leave through the mirror before shaking his head. A smile was apparent on his face as he looked back on the mirror to look at himself. He leaned his head down to the left then to the right trying to loosen himself up when something caught his eye. 

"What the-" Hyukjae walked closer to the mirror and bent his neck further to the left while stretching his right shoulder the opposite way. His eyes widened because right there, against his pale skin, was a very apparent red bite mark open for anyone to see. Hyukjae gasped audible before covering it with his hands then adjusting his shirt so that it would be less visible to anyone else. "Lee Donghae, you're dead."

Hyukjae grimaced when his shirt couldn't cover the lovebite his best friend gave him from the night before. Looking around the room, he opened the closet to see if he had left anything acceptable to wear as a cover up but there wasn't much left in there. Cursing his luck he grabbed a bright sequenced jacket and wore it over his shirt. He looked at himself in the mirror and pursed his lips in disappointment. This was definitely the first impression he was hoping to make for Sunrise's trainees.

His phone suddenly rang out loud in the room startling him out of his thoughts. He looked at the name on the screen and immediately scowled. 

"I'm going to kill you."

"Well, hello to you too." Hyukjae scoffed at the teasing tone of his friend and didn't unfurl his brows. "Did you find my surprise already?"

"You, . You know I have to teach a new set of trainees today." Hyukjae groaned and had to rethink his choice of friends when he heard Donghae laughing on the other line. "It's not funny, you idiot!"

"Well, I'm sorry, okay? How about I treat you for lunch?"

"You think a simple meal will make up for you making me look indecent in my company?"

"I'd let you pick the place." Donghae offered as a peace offering. "You can order whatever you want and I'll pay. I promise."

Hyukjae scoffed loudly then grinned. "Okay! But if you're not here at 12:30 exactly, you owe me dinner too."

"Okay."

"Alright. Bye." Hyukjae smiled victoriously when he heard Donghae scream his name before he hit the red button on his phone. A knock on the door had him turning around quickly and gasped when he saw who it was. "S-Siwon? Wh-What are you doing here?"

"Uhh- hey, Hyuk. How've you been?" Siwon greeted nervously.

"I'm fine." Hyukjae answered stiffly. Siwon nodded his head along but didn't say much of anything else. It was starting to be weird between them that Hyukjae had to chew on his lower lip while waiting for Siwon to say something. Anything. "Uhhh..." Hyukjae started after a minute of silence, "W-What are you doing here?"

"Oh. Um, I-I just wanted to check how you were doing." Siwon repeated and Hyukjae almost laughed at his face if he wasn't feeling so awkward. 

"Ah. Ok-ay..." Hyukjae drifted off as he chose to look on the ground instead and play with the phone that was in his pocket. He kept his gaze down and fidgeted in place hoping for something to break the tension between them. Why is he here? What does he want?! Hyukjae thought to himself as he continued to pray in his head.

Siwon was hyperventilating a little bit but maintained his outside composure as steady as he can. His eyes never leaving Hyukjae and after counting to 100 in his head, finally mustered the courage to take a step towards him. Unfortunately for him, that was the exact moment Shindong chose to enter the room with the rest of Sunrise's trainees and cast. 

"Okay! This is the main rehearsal room. Lee Hyukjae will be your lead trainer and choreographer for the play. I will be- oh!" Shindong bumped into Siwon while he was walking backwards causing the latter to fall on the ground. Hyukjae's eyes widened but didn't have time to help Siwon up since Shindong was quick to kneel down next to him and helped him up. "Omo! I'm so sorry. Are you okay?"
 

"Ugh...y-yeah. I'm-I'm fine." Siwon groaned a little in pain then looked at Hyukjae which promptly caused him to blush. He immediately got up to his feet and cleared his throat to regain his composure. "H-How's the tour going?"

"Oh, Siwon-ssi, everything's well. I was just about to introduce them my lead choreographer." Shindong happily informed while pointing at Hyukjae who was still awkwardly standing in his corner, sending him a small wave. "I assume you two have met?"

"Uhh, yes. Yes, we have." Siwon looked at Hyukjae then after five seconds of no thoughts in his brain, he shook his head then announced his leave. "I hope everyone has a great first day. I'll see you." Siwon bowed and smiled to everyone then headed out the door but not before taking one last look towards Hyukjae. "Okay. Bye."

Everyone in the room simply blinked and watched Siwon's awkward gentlemanly gestures. Shindong broke the weird atmosphere in the air by suddenly laughing out loud and gesturing for Hyukjae to come at the center of the room and start introducing himself. The latter quickly picked up on it and shuffled his feet to get everyone's attention. 

"Okay! Uhh--hahaha--Sorry, about that everyone. Um, Hi!" Hyukjae waved and smiled brightly for everyone to see. Pearly white teeth and pink gums showing. "My n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter