Crazy

Friends with Benefits
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Sooo...if you didn't hate Hyerin before, you would now. (I'm sorry, Hyukjae! T_T)

Hyukjae grunted in pain as he was forced to sit on a chair against his will. He turned his head around trying to make sense of his environment but with the dark sack over his head, he could only rely on his hearing. He tried to squirm out of whoever it was that took him but the man was obviously much stronger than he was. Hyukjae groaned in pain when the man manhandled him and forced his hands behind his back. The tight feel of a zip tie tightening around his wrists made him grit his teeth in anxiety as well as to prevent himself from crying. 

What the hell is going on?! Why is this happening!?

"Yah! What's taking so long?"

"Just wait a minute. He's a fussy one."

"Hurry the up, man. I want to go get something to eat."

"I know. I know." 

Hyukjae furrowed his brows at how casual the conversation between his two captors were. It made no sense to him that they could talk about grabbing food while tying up a stranger like this. Are they even human? Hyukjae's breathing was hard and ragged as he kept trying to escape but when whoever was holding him down grabbed both his feet and he felt the same plastic wires bounding his ankles on either side of the front legs of the chair he was sitting on. After that, Hyukjae knew the fight was over and he would be stuck there until someone rescues him. 

"Alright you," Hyukjae flinched hearing the man's gruff voice next to his ear. "Behave yourself and I just might bring you back something good."

Hyukjae turned his head to where he heard the man's voice come from and hissed. " off."

There was a chuckle but nothing further was exchanged between them. Hyukjae tried to slow down his breathing to hear his surroundings better but all he could determine were there retreating footsteps followed by the echos of doors closing. Silence followed soon after and Hyukjae felt even more lost and vulnerable. His heart beat quickened as he tried to move his arms and shoulders from behind to try and get out of the zip ties that binded him but his effort was futile. His wrists were burning from trying to pull out of the plastic wires so he stopped. 

Sighing in defeat, Hyukjae kept his head low, ignoring the strain that it put on his back. He sniffled as he felt tears slowly form in his eyes at how helpless he felt at the moment. If only he didn't ignore Donghae then maybe the latter would have been in his apartment like before and he wouldn't be such an easy target. Was Donghae thinking of him? Was he looking for him? Did he even know that he's been taken? That he's sitting in some unknown place tied up on a chair, scared and confused as to why something like this would happen to him...would he save him?

~+~+~+~+~~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

Leeteuk walked to his desk worried and frantic that Hyukjae hasn't been answering his phone. He went to visit him at home to check on him but he was nowhere to be seen. He sighed and plopped himself down on his chair when suddenly he remembered another place he should've called as soon as he realized Hyukjae wasn't home. He dialed Donghae's number just to make sure. 

"Donghae? Hey, is Hyukjae with you?"

"No. He's not picking up my calls."

Leeteuk's body went rigid hearing his answer as his mind raced regarding Hyukjae's whereabouts. He tried to keep his conversation with Donghae calm so he wouldn't alarm Donghae as well. He admits that sometimes he can be paranoid but he'd rather be ready for the worst than be caught unprepared. He was already making a list of possible places he needs to check out when an officer brought somebody in his office that caused his brain to stop functioning for a second. Leeteuk could vaguely hear Donghae calling his name but his mind was already too preoccupied by his surprise guest that whatever Donghae just said fell on deaf ears.

"I gotta go, Donghae. I'll call you later." Leeteuk hung up the phone then waved the officer off so that he was alone with his guest. "Youngwoon-ah, what are you doing here?"

"I told you to never call me that in public. I need to protect my identity."

Leeteuk rolled his eyes but corrected himself. "What do you want Kangin?"

Ignoring Leeteuk's dry sarcasm, Kangin smiled and sat himself opposite of Leeteuk. "Relax. I'm here on business." His lighthearted tone then changed into something more serious as he handed Leeteuk a white envelope. "Well, I guess personal business. It depends on how you look at it."

Leeteuks eyebrows twitched in confusion as he reached out to see what Kangin was handing him. Carefully opening the sealed envelope, Leeteuk pulled out photos and his eyes immediately widened when he saw what it was.

"You!?"

Kangin grimaced hearing Leeteuk's tone of disbelief. "I'm surprised you didn't recognize my work earlier. How many people do you know that's smart enough to not leave finger prints on printed photos or envelope seals."

Leeteuk scowled and dropped the copies of Donghae and Hyukjae at his desk. "Who hired you?"

"Hyerin."

"Hyerin!?" Leeteuk slammed his hand on his desk as he got on his feet unable to contain the fury that was brewing inside him. "You know what Donghae went through with that psycho and you worked for her!? Not to mention you spied on my brother!"

The look of guilt on Kangin's face was not enough to quell the anger inside Leeteuk. Maybe a few months ago it would have at least lessened Leeteuk's anger but today it had no effect on the elder whatsoever. 

"Look, I didn't know, okay? She didn't tell me who she wanted followed until I got there. As soon as I realized who they were it was too late." Kangin knew there was nothing that could help his case adn that he messed up big time by working for Hyerin so he hoped that his honesty would lessen whatever punishment Leeteuk deemed appropriate for him. "My face was revealed to her and if I refused to do the work she would have just hired somebody else. I didn't give her anything that would've jeopardized Donghae or Hyukjae."

Leeteuk narrowed his eyes, not quite willing to let Kangin off the hook just yet. "You should've come to me as soon as you knew."

"And tell you what? She wasn't doing anything illegal. There was nothing you could have done and you would have just beaten yourself up over nothing."

Leeteuk hated the caring tone Kangin used on him. "You still should have told me."

"You told me not to contact you ever again even when I'm breathing my last breath," Kangin reminded him, the pain Leeteuk's words caused him still reflected in his eyes. "I'm sorry if I didn't exactly feel like I could come to you regarding this."

Wavering a little at the reminder of his harsh words, Leeteuk finally loosened the tension on his shoulders a little and sat back down so he was no longer towering over Kangin. He took another glance at the photographs and sighed. Now that he thinks about it, had Hyerin hired another P.I. to follow his dongsaengs, they probably would have been caught in a more compromising or promiscous position. He suppose the fact that it was Kangin was a small victory in itself. 

"You're right. I'm sorry. I guess I'm just on edge right now because I haven't gotten a hold of Hyukjae and neither has his friends."

"About that," Kangin's voice wavered a little catching Leeteuk's attention. 

"What?" He asked in a hurry. "Do you know where he is?"

"I might, but I can't be sure."

"What the hell Kangin?!" Leeteuk didn't mean to snap again but he was too worried to care. "What else are you not telling me?"

"I saw a man

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter