Beware

Friends with Benefits
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Give me your shirt!" Hyukjae demanded as he stripped off his torn up shirt and threw it at Donghae who merely gave him a puzzled look. 

"Why?!" Donghae asked but took his shirt off anyways and handed it to Hyukjae. 

The latter didn't bother to answer him and started buttoning up Donghae's plaid shirt and walked towards the door where Heechul was still banging at like a maniac. Donghae was left standing in the kitchen, clueless and half-. He watched Hyukjae fix his hair in front of the living room mirror before going towards the door. Donghae froze and instinctively hid himself behind the kitchen pillar not wanting Heechul to see him. 

"Hyung!" Hyukjae greeted half-enthusiastically and half-anxiously. "What-uh-What are you doing here?"

Heechul tried to walk inside Hyukjae's apartment but was quickly blocked by the latter. He gave Hyukjae a strange look but when his second attempt to enter was once again blocked, his patience disappeared and narrowed his eyes at Hyukjae. 

"What are you doing?"

Hyukjae laughed uncomfortably and slowly (and awkwardly) closed the space between him and Heechul by stepping outside and closing the door behind him. 

"L-Let's talk outside, hyung. It's such a nice night out."

Heechul raised a brow at him before crossing his arms against his chest. "What's going on?"

"N-Nothing, hyung," Hyukjae tried to say convincingly but his stutter was more than a dead giveaway. "The fresh air feel nice outside."

Heechul's big eyes continued to bore holes into Hyukjae's head but the latter tried to keep his ground and not be too intimidated. Hyukjae thought he was doing a pretty good job of it too until he heard what Heechul had to say next.

"You know," Heechul started in his all-knowing voice. "I was with Donghae earlier today and he was wearing that exact same shirt." Heechul smirked when he saw the way Hyukjae froze. "Oh, look, it even has the exact same ketchup stain that he got earlier."

"Uhhh...."

"Leeteuk told me about you two already," Heechul casually informed voice hinting at something else that Hyukjae didn't quite pick up on. "So where is he?"

Hyukjae contemplated lying at first but knowing Heechul, he'd just be digging a deeper grave for himself once he gets caught (and there's no doubt that he will get caught). Sighing to himself, Hyukjae opened the door open for Heechul and muttered, "Inside."

Scoffing in amusement, Heechul entered Hyukjae's apartment and wearily looked around for Donghae. He immediately caught sight of the kitchen and was highly interested to know why Hyukjae's dining table was askewed and his floor littered with napkins and knocked over condiments. 

Looking back at Hyukjae who kept his head low, Heechul teasingly asked, "Still have trouble cooking?"

Hyukjae's mind was blank for a second but when he raised his head up, his face quickly turned a bright shade of red as he ran in front of Heechul and tried to block his view of their mess from earlier. Cackling at Hyukjae's reaction, Heechul plopped himself comfortable down Hyukjae's couch and crossed his legs together, eyes still scanning around for his brother. 

"So, where did you stash him?"

"I-I think he's in my room," Hyukjae answered the only plausible location left in his house. "W-Why?"

"Well, I went to his apartment and saw an interesting package left for him by his door so being the amazing hyung that I am, I opened it and made sure that it wasn't anything dangerous." Hyukjae frowned not quite sure how he feels about Donghae's privacy getting invaded like that. "Then, I remembered he said he was coming to see you so I came here and look," Heechul showed an identical looking folder to Hyukjae, "the exact same package came for you as well."

Hyukjae tilted his head curiously at said item but when he tried to reach for it, Heechul pulled it out of reach. It caught Hyukjae by surprise.

"Hyung?"

"I haven't opened yours yet but if I'm right and it is the same as Donghae, I'd rather we wait for him to get here before we open to see it." Leaning his head back from where he was sitting, Heechul screamed for Donghae to come. "LEE DONGHAE YOU HAVE 10 SECONDS TO GET YOUR OVER HERE BEFORE I REVEAL YOUR SECRET TO HYUKJAE!"

Almost immediately, the sound of a door banging open and the sound of hurried feet could be heard around the apartment. Hyukjae had to snort at Heechul's threat and Donghae's naivety. He already knows all of Donghae's secrets so why would that work on the latter? Regardless, Donghae arrived in record time wearing one of Hyukjae's old college shirt, eyes wide in panic. 

Heechul didn't bother to hide his amusement and motioned for Donghae to sit next to Hyukjae. "Sit. I need to show you two something."

Donghae pouted in annoyance but did as he was told. "What is this, hyung? Why couldn't you wait until I got home?"

"Because, my dear dongsaeng, you have a stalker." Heechul dropped the envelope he grabbed from Donghae's apartment and a series of Hyukjae's photo with Siwon spilled along with Donghae's afternoon with Heechul in the park. Grabbing the pictures from the table, Hyukjae and Donghae both looked at it worriedly. 

"Where did you get this?" Donghae asked voice tight as he stared at the picture in his hand. He knows he was probably focusing on the wrong thing right now, specially when he could potentially be facing a stalker problem, but seeing Hyukjae and Siwon in a photo together, smiling - laughing together looking like a happy couple was really dampening his mood. 

"It was at your door step. Besides, it's a good thing I came because it looks like Hyukjae might have one too." Heechul dangled the other yellow evenlope in front of them and proceeded to open. He was expecting another copies of photographs to spill but what came out instead were blue dry petals that slowly fell on the floor. 

"Flowers?" Hyukjae picked up the petals that fell on the flower, curious as to why someone would send him dead shredded flowers. "What the- is this a prank?" Hyukjae frowned looking at the mess it made. His OCD kicking in and immediately went to find a broom to clean it up. 

Donghae watched him leave but when he turned towards Heechul he sensed the that other was holding something back. 

"Hyung? What's wrong?"

Heechul kept his gaze on the flowers his eyes unsteady and jaw locked tight. "This is not good, Hae."

Donghae couldn't understand what Heechul was so concerned about. "What's going on? It's just flowers, Hyung. A stupid prank."

"No, Donghae. You don't understand." Heechul took a deep breathe and quickly picked the flowers up to seal back in the bag. "These are Aconite flowers. Do you know what that means?"

"Um...no?"

"It's a warning, Hae. Someone's threatening Hyukjae." Heechul said in haste and as soon as he had all the flowers back in the bag quickly folded the package up. Hyukjae came back in with a broom and was surprised to see the mess had been cleaned up. 

"Oh? Who cleaned the-," Hyukjae paused and noticed the weird tension in the air between Heechul and Donghae. "Did...something happen while I was gone?"

Heechul gave Donghae a look letting him decide whether or not they should tell Hyukjae the truth, Donghae was never good under pressure and started stuttering while he racked his head for an answer. Heechul rolled his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter