Seal the Deal

Friends with Benefits
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The heat of the sun slowly woke Hyukjae up from his slumber. He groaned out loud while stretching his arms and back as he slowly forced his body to get up from the comfort of Donghae's bed. However, his body yearned to stay in that warmth for a few more minutes so he slumped himself back down and got comfortable. He took a deep breath and was settling himself again when he got a whiff of that familiar scent. Hyukjae's eyes immediately widened and sat up in a hurry. He scanned the room he was in; puzzled as to how he got there.

"What the heck? Why am I here?" Hyukjae muttered to himself as he took in all of Donghae's belongings in the room. Then, he paused and put a hand on his lower back. Hyukjae held his hips and twisted a little from left to right a couple of times testing if anything else was out of place. Not feeling any pain or discomfort, he heaved a sigh of relief and gave himself a small pat on the back. "Well, at least I wasn't dumb enough to sleep with him."

Shaking his head in disbelief, Hyukjae finally decided that it was time to get up and figure out how he ended up in Donghae's house. As soon as he stood up, he saw he was wearing Donghae's clothes and wondered what happened to his, but upon entering Donghae's bathroom to relieve himself he felt something sticky around his inner thighs. Hyukjae grabbed some of the tissue paper and wet it slight with water. The first dab of the cold water hitting his skin triggered a memory from the night before. 

"Please Donghae- aah, I n-need more AAH!"

Hyukjae blushed as the memory of his arched back and lewd moans came back. Not to mention that he was begging Donghae to him over and over last night. Cursing to himself, Hyukjae finished cleaning himself up and turned the faucet water on before splashing himself in the face with cold water. 

"Aish! You idiot!" Hyukjae scolded to his self-reflection. "Why would you do that, you dummy!" Hyukjae closed his eyes and kept his head low in embarrassment all the while failing to see a certain someone watching him in amusement from behind. 

"You know," Hyukjae quickly turned around - startled at the sudden intruder. "I'm all for you acknowledging yourself as an idiot but can you do that without wasting water. I do still have to pay for that." Hyukjae turned around and saw that he indeed left the water running. He quickly turned it off before looking back to Donghae with a shy embarrassed laugh. Donghae took a sip of his coffee as he leaned against the door frame to see what Hyukjae would do next. 

"Uhh..." Hyukjae looked around the bathroom not really knowing how to start their morning after conversation. "So...how-how was um..." Hyukjae stuttered not knowing where his question was going. "I-I mean, what did we uhmm-"

Donghae raised a questioning brow at Hyukjae. "Are you asking me how far did we go last night?"

Hyukjae blushed at Donghae's bluntness and couldn't help but look down on the floor. Donghae smiled at the display since it's rare for Hyukjae to be this bashful. He walked closer to the latter and after maintaining only a foot distance, lightly hit him over the head with his knuckles. Hyukjae, not expecting the sudden hit, yelped in surprised and immediately held the spot over his head to rub the pain. 

"Dummy! If we did anything more last night you wouldn't be able to walk, much less stand right now," Donghae nagged to which Hyukjae only rolled his eyes with pouted lips. Donghae watched him closely and laughed silently seeing his friend immediately shift into his usual cute self. "Come on outside. I made breakfast."

Hyukjae scrunched up his face behind Donghae's retreating back but followed him out anyways. 

"You're not going to make me drink one of your poison shakes, are you?"

Donghae cackled and turned around to show Hyukjae his teasing smile. "Why? Scared?"

Hyukjae made a face at him and stopped walking. "Yah! I'm still a little hangover from last night. Want me to puke all over your floor?"

"Relax," Donghae said sensing Hyukjae's agitation. "I got your strawberry milk on my way back from my run this morning."

Hyukjae immediately lit up at the mention of his favorite drink. "Really?" 

True to his word, upon entering the kitchen, there was a glass of pink beverage in a clear glass waiting for Hyukjae. The latter immediately sat down and drank said drink before looking at the rest of the food Donghae made. Donghae has his favorite cereal already served in a bowl for him and a small plate of strawberries already cut up next to it. Donghae sat across Hyukjae who was drinking a blended of many something judging from the grayish-greenish color of it and a plate of leafy greens with avocado on top of it. 

"I already called your work and told them you weren't feeling well today," Donghae informed as he mixed his breakfast bowl together. "You should shower soon though cause morning alcohol breathe does not smell nice on you."

Hyukjae stuck his tongue out at him before grabbing the milk carton and pouring it over his cereal. "Like it'll smell nice on you."

Donghae only smiled his charming smile at him then taking in a spoonful of his breakfast. Hyukjae shook his head at his friend's overflowing confidence before taking a spoonful of his own cereal. Neither one of them spoke for the next minute but Hyukjae knew he needed to address the elephant in the room. 

"Thank you."

Donghae stopped chewing and looked up from his bowl. Seeing the mellowed out expression on Hyukjae, he knew what the latter was referring to but decided that he wasn't done messing with him just yet. 

"You're welcome. I don't usually get thanked for my services but you know, I'm happy to help." Donghae ended his teasing with a wink which only made Hyukjae throw a piece of his cereal at him. Donghae laughed out loud not even slightly bothered about the driplets of milk on his dining table. 

"Yah! You idiot," Hyukjae cursed. "I'm talking about the other thing!"

Donghae's laughter died a down a little as he took another bite of his breakfast. "Would you relax? I was just lightening the mood before you go all emo on me."

Hyukjae sneered at him before going back to play with his cereal. Suddenly, being sober seemed a lot more painful than the headache he was experiencing as his mind processed the sudden loss of his fiance. As if reading his mind, Donghae tapped on Hyukjae's free hand on the table effectively making the latter look up. 

"Don't do anything stupid now." Donghae warned. 

"What do you mean?"

"You think you going after her and begging on your knees would show her how much she means to you and she'll magically take you back and live happily ever after." Hyukjae frowned at Donghae's mocking scenario but also at the daunting possibility that she might really not want him anymore. 

"Would it be the worse thing in the world if I tried?" Hyukjae asked hoping that Donghae would take pity on him. 

Donghae did not. 

"Yes!" Hyukjae flinched a little when Donghae slammed his utensil on the table and stood up to take a deep breathe. He bit his lower lip in slight nervousness since it's rare for him to have to deal with an upset Donghae. "What exactly do you expect to happen? Let's say she does take you back. Then what? Are you just going to forget the fact that she walked out on you, using a post-it note!? No questions asked?"

Hearing it out loud had Hyukjae hanging his head low. It didn't seem so stupid when he was just thinking it in his head. Donghae felt bad for his outburst seeing his friend's sad state so, in a much calmer tone, he took the seat next to Hyukjae and put his hand over his. 

"Listen, Hyuk. I know it's hard right now but you gotta think this through. This is probably another one of those signs that you like to keep looking for." Donghae smiled when Hyukjae t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter