Clarity (Finally!)

Friends with Benefits
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Breaking News: Heiress Kim Hyerin has been arrested for kidnapping and extortion charges

Breaking News: Incheon Scandal - What really went down

Breaking News: Police Rescue of Kidnapped Individual 

Breaking News: Kim Hyerin has been charged for kidnapping local man

Leeteuk sighed and decided to turn off the television in his office. He has been reprimanded to his desk stuck doing a bunch of paperwork that he'll be buried under for at least the next three days just to cover all his bases and make sure each and every single evidence they gathered was reported properly in regards to Hyerin's case. His boss was none to happy with him for involving civilians on his brother's case and for not calling in another senior detective to handle the situation for him. Heaving a heavy sigh, he started scanning through the different sets of reports that he would need to submit to the defense, the judge, the police commissioner, and their own D.A. He started wondering if it'd be too soon to try and trick one of the of the rookie cops into running an errand for him. 

"Detective?"

Leeteuk looked up too eagerly at the person who peered through his door. "Yes?"

"There's two gentlemen here to see you."

"Send them in."

Leeteuk cleared some of the paper on his desk to try and appear more organized for his guest. When he looked up, he visbily frowned and slumped his shoulders to see Kangin and Heechul entering his office. 

"What are you two doing here?"

"Still getting punished?" Kangin asked looking over Leeteuk's desk. Heechul didn't bother to hide his amusement by laughing out loud as he watched Leeteuk try to hide his work under his desk. 

"Why are you here?" Leeteuk repeated trying to distract them away from his mess. "Who's with Hyukjae? Did something happen?"

"Nothing happened, Leeteuk. Relax." Heechul assured as he semi-laid down on the small sofa in Leeteuk's office with his back against its arm panel and legs stretch all the way across. "The Doctor said he's recovering fine. He'll be able to go home by the end of the week."

Leeteuk still looked worried. "I don't know if we should leave him by himself though."

Heechul scoffed and Kangin chuckled at Leeteuk's statement. 

"What?"

"I don't think you need to worry about Hyukjae being alone." Kangin commented causing Heechul to laugh along with him. "Or ever be alone for that matter."

Leeteuk raised an eyebrow at the both of them, a little irked at their little inside joke. "What the hell are you two on about?"

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

"Thank you, Siwon." Hyukjae said as the latter pulled the tray of food away from him and helped fluffed his pillow as he got readjusted in his bed. 

"As much as I enjoy taking care of you like this, you should really ease up a little on him." Siwon sighed after he took a seat next to his bed. Hyukjae merely rolled his eyes at his words causing him to chuckle lightly. "Donghae's been outside like a little dog. He always makes sure you ate every food he got for you and he's been texting me to keep him updated about your condition."

Siwon's phone beeped and when he looked at who texted him, he immediately showed it to Hyukjae. "See?"

From: Donghae

Did he eat it? How is he? 

Although Hyukjae didn't say anything, the way his eyes trembled a little and the pout on his lips told Siwon that the latter was starting to sway already. His phone beeped again and a new message popped up. Hyukjae wasn't able to stop the small breathy laugh that escaped him when he saw what it said. 

From: Donghae

YAH! Answer me!! You better not be doing anything to MY HYUKKIE or I'd kick your as soon as you come outside!

Siwon shook his head at the message and chose not to respond to it just to torture Donghae a little more. 

"Now, you know what I've been dealing with."

Hyukjae's grin grew hearing Siwon's joke. "Why do you put up with that idiot?"

Siwon took a deep breath and an exagerrated exhale as he dramatically looked back at Hyukjae. His acting didn't last long though since his pointed look turned into soft giggles upon seeing Hyukjae's amused smile directed at him. Siwon's heart swelled seeing such a sight but he knew there was nothing more to that smile than friendship. Even though it still hurt a little to admit it, he was happy to settle on his new role in Hyukjae's life. 

"Because I know I'd have to deal with him for much longer if I want to stay by your side."

"Siwon..." Hyukjae's smile fell as he understood what he meant but Siwon's grin stayed. 

"Don't look so down. I'm happy." He reassured the latter. "I'm just glad that you're safe and you're recovering quickly."

Hyukjae looked down on his hands as he didn't know how he should react to Siwon's nice words. He felt guilty and grateful to him for helping save him and he wished there was something more he could give him other than the words "thank you." A hand over his made him look up and saw Siwon still smiling at him. 

"Stop overthinking things. It's never done you any good."

Hyukjae finally chuckled and let out a small smile. "You're really great, Siwon. I hope you know that."

"I do," He answered. "And I hope you hold on to that thought while I take this tray of food out and 'accidentally' leave your door open." Siwon let Hyukjae's hand go and turned around to clean his area. "I think we both know you two wasted enough time as it is. I'm sure you have a lot to talk about."

Hyukjae didn't bother protesting and just watched Siwon leave. His heart was thumping hard against his chest as he listened to their conversation outside. He knows he's been really hard on Donghae ever since he woke up in the hospital but he just needed some space from the latter to clear his head. He didn't blame Donghae for what happened, but he just couldn't bring himself to face him still feeling vulnerable from the last time the two of them spoke. Would Donghae still want to be with him or would he want to go back to how things were before? Hyukjae wasn't sure he was ready to hear the answer for either question. 

The muffled conversation from outside disappeared and the next thing Hyukjae heard was the sound of his bedroom door closing. Within a few seconds, Donghae's tired and hesitant face appeared before him. He kept his face blank and gave Donghae the opportunity to lead the conversation for the both of them. His hands safely hidden underneath the blanket in a tight fist as he tried his best to appear calm and not at all like his heart was about to burst out of his chest. 

"H-Hello," Donghae started nervously. "How...How are you doing?"

"As if you don't already know." Hyukjae decided hiding behind his jokes might be his best defense yet. "Siwon said you've been bothering him a lot."

Donghae pouted and Hyukjae couldn't deny how happy he was to see him again. He simpered and tried to hide his grin from Donghae. There was no reason to make things so easy for him after everything that he had to go through.

"I just wanted to be sure you were okay..." Donghae whined in a small voice. "You wouldn't come let me see you."

"Yeah, but that doesn't mean you needed to make camp outside my door."

"You didn't give me much choice!" Donghae argued but when Hyukjae crossed his arms against his chest, he backed off a little and continued in a softer voice. "I-...I couldn't leave you here by yourself." 

There was a short silence that fell between them after that. Donghae kept his head down and Hyukjae didn't know what he should say next. It was starting to feel awkward to say the least and neither one of them liked it. Donghae was the first one to break it by apologizing. Hyukjae tilted his head a little to the side and asked him for what. 

"You never would have been in that situation if it wasn't for me." Donghae felt his eyes tear up so he quickly dried his eyes before any tears could fall. "I'm really sorry, Hyu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter