Without You

Friends with Benefits
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Flashback*

Eunhyuk's POV

I could feel Hyerin's gun against my head and I'm really scared that she's about to pull the triggger. Her hand was shaking so much. What would it be like to have a bullet through me? Does it hurt a lot like they say in the movies? Maybe it doesn't. Maybe if she pulls the trigger I'd just go quickly and wouldn't feel a thing at all. 

"I want to talk to you. Can't you come out and see me?"

Donghae? What are you doing here?! You can't be here!

She dragged me out to see him and sure enough, there he was. Standing in front of us trying to be a hero. 

"You idiot!" I yelled at him. I'm so mad. I can't believe he'd fall for her trap like this. "AH!" Hyerin pulled on my hair and pushed the gun deeper against my head. I could actually feel the metal pistol pressing harder against me. Almost like she was trying to dig a hole through me. My head was starting to hurt too much and she said something and another voice responded to her but I couldn't quite make out who it was. Did Donghae bring people with him? No...I can't go down like this. Not in front of Donghae.

The gun left my head and I took that chance to elbow her but I was too weak and she caught me again before I could escape. Falling down on my knees I was able to at least gain enough of my senses back to see the people around us. 

Leeteuk hyung? Siwon? Kangin hyung? Why are you all here? It's not safe. 

"Hyerin, stop!" I heard Donghae's voice and even though I felt really weak but I just had to see his face because he sounded really scared. Why are you scared, Hae? I'm the one who's getting beaten up. 

"Let him go. Pl-Please let him go. I'll do whatever you want...just-just let him go. I promise I'll give you whatever."

No...Hae, don't. Don't do that. I know why you want to do that but don't. Don't do something that we'll both regret just to save me. 

"I gave you everything." Hyerin's voice sounded angry from behind me and the next thing I knew she pulled on my hair once again, disorienting me from what was happening. My head throbbed and everything was spinning. Her grip against me kept getting tighter and tigher that there was nothing I could do. Why am I so weak?

There was a lot of yelling and too many voices that I couldn't really make out who's saying what but I did hear the click of her gun. I gasped to myself and knew there was no stopping her now. I heard a loud bang and then...everthing went dark. 

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

Why does my body hurt so much? I thought you weren't supposed to feel anything when you're dead. Damn it. That was the only thing I was looking forward to about dying. Taking a deep breath, I groaned in pain when I suddenly felt a sharp pain against my ribs. I've never been in this much pain before. Am I in hell? Is this...Is this torture?

"Hyukkie, you're awake! Don't-Don't move too much." 

Donghae? Why is Donghae here? Forcing my eyes open, everything was blurry and something really really bright was blocking my eyesight from focusing. There were a lot of voices around me and then something weird went inside my arm. Wow...did I really end up down under? Was I that much of a bad person? I could feel my consciousness slipping but not before I felt someone hold my hand and kiss it. 

Donghae-ah...I'm sorry I never got our second chance...

***-***-***-***-***

I woke up again and this time my body felt a lot lighter. I could still feel some tightness around my shoulders and stomach but it was more bearable now. When I opened my eyes, the light was a lot dimmer too. I guess it's night time now but what was really important was the heavy weight I felt on my left hand. There was only a messy mop of brown hair in my line of sight but I don't need to see his face to know that it's Donghae. 

Donghae....He's been here all this time. I couldn't helpt but smile at that thought then used my free hand to lightly run my hand through his hair. I couldn't do it for long though since it really strained my shoulders to stretch my body that way. It was almost unbearable. I felt something wet drip down my hands and was curious if he was drooling on me. Forcing myself to sit-up, I just held onto my stomach to contain some of the pain and peered down to see Donghae's face. My heart ached at the sight.

He wasn't drooling at all but crying while sleeping. His hold on my hand tightened and I knew he was having a bad dream. I'm the one beat up in the hospital and yet I'm the one worrying about you. You, idiot. Even in your sleep you still need me.

"Hyukkie...I'm sorry...I'm sorry..."

"Idiot. Why are you aplogizing?"

"Oh - Hyuk. You're awake." 

I looked up and saw Leeteuk hyung come inside my room. I tried to give him a smile but my face felt tight so I wasn't sure how exactly I looked. It felt like a grimace but I couldn't care much about how I looked right now when Donghae still hasn't loosened his grip on my hand. Leeteuk hyung has always been good at reading my mind and took the seat next to Donghae. 

"He hasn't left your side since you've been admitted." Leeteuk hyung wiped his tears for me and I smiled gratefully. "He's been worried sick about you. We all have been. It's been three days since you first gained consciousness."

"How long have I been here?" My voice sounded hoarse and I thanked Leeteuk hyung for handing me a small bottle of water. All the technology in the world and they still haven't invented one that could feed you or at least give you water while you sleep. 

"Almost a week. The Doctor said you were in a lot of shock and that most of your external injuries are treatable."

I nodded my head since it sounded like good news to me but Leeteuk hyung looked troubled. "What is it?"

"Hyuk-ah...they....they didn't do anything else to you right? You'd tell Hyung, wouldn't you?"

I remembered the fear I felt the entire time. I really thought I was going to die back there and that no one would come looking for me. I don't even know how long they held me for. It felt so long but I don't even remember sleeping so maybe it wasn't. There was a lot of darkness and everything else was up to my imagination. Leeteuk hyung kept staring at me with that look and I don't know how to ease his worry without getting caught in a lie. Instead, I looked down at Donghae's sleeping face and placed my hand gently over his head. I don't think I could bare that same look on him. 

"Hyung, can you do me a favor?"

"Of course, Hyukjae. What is it?"

"Can you take Donghae away from here?" No matter how much I want to stay by your side I don't want you to see me like this. I still need to figure out ho we're going to move forward from here because I don't know how to live the rest of my life now that I know how quickly it can be taken away. It feels wrong to make him leave like that but I need to get my head together first. Everything's so messy right now and I don't want him to stay by my side because of guilt. He has nothing be guilty about.

"Hyukjae...I don't think Donghae would want to do that."

"Drag him out of here if you need to. I just...I need some time to get my head together. I promise I'll talk to him when I'm ready."

Leeteuk hyung still looked reluctant but I knew he'd figure out a way to do it. 

"Hyuk, whatever Hyerin said to you, you have to know that it couldn't have been true. She was crazy and she'll never get to you ever again."

Leeteuk hyung always knew how to protect me and make me feel better. "I know, Hyung. Thank you."

I'm more afraid about how I'm supposed to live the rest of my life and how I'm supposed to deal with my feelings with Donghae. Life's too short and I don't want to make any more wrong choices.

End of Flashback

End of POV

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

Hyukjae was getting ready to get discharged and Leeteuk was right by his side assisting him with his bandages and made sure that he wasn't straining himself unnecessarily. Donghae was standing by the end of Hyukjae's hospital bed behind Kangin pouting and whining that he should be the one helping his boyfriend out of the hospital bed and towards the wheel chair that was provided to them. 

"Leeteuk hyung! Come on, I can do that," Donghae attempted to take a step closer to Hyukjae but Kangin was quick to pull him back by wrapping his arms around Donghae's neck and held him in place. "Agh! Ka-Kangin hyung...ca--can't breath!-..."

"Just chill out, Donghae. Let Leeteuk baby Hyukjae one last time. You know you'd have him

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter