Mess 17

What A Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Striding in huge steps, I grab onto Mina's wrist and pull her into the room opposite of Sehun's bedroom, which happens to be Jongin's room. Mina seems to be in a daze but I can totally understand that she still can't believe what she just heard. If I were in her position, and if I were to find out about my friend's secret under that circumstance, I would have reacted the same way as her.

"Mina, promise me you won't spill a thing you heard just now."

Eyes bulging, mouth widely opened, Mina nods her head stiffly, like a robot, "I won't..." She gulps, "But...How? I can't believe you are Chef Oh's fiancee. How did that happen? You guys are always bickering like enemies and I thought you hate Chef Oh."

"It's an arranged marriage actually."

Mina draws in a deep breath, "Holy . Arranged marriage? There is still such thing in this century?"

Unfortunately, yes. I nod. 

"So you guys don't have feelings for each other?" 

I stare at the girl with my brows knitted, almost laughing out loud from her ridiculous question, "Of course not. But at least, we don't hate each other as much as last time." I hope I am not the only one who feels that way, because I am starting to feel comfortable around him. Even though Sehun is still unpredictable most of the time, our relationship has indeed improved tremendously within a span of two weeks. 

"Wow... That's a lot to take in but it's so cool! I can't believe Chef Oh's fiancee is just right next to me!" 

I roll my eyes and groan, "It's hard being his fiancee please. It's not all rainbow and unicorn like you think, Mina. Because our arranged marriage is not based on love."

"But I am sure you and Chef Oh will grow to like each other sooner or later."

"Why?" I laugh. Why would Mina say that? So far, Sehun and I have only displayed our animosity towards each other at work, there is clearly nothing that indicates that we will be romantically involved with each other. I mean, sure, things have changed for the better between us but Mina doesn't know a thing and I don't want to share anything more, because Mina is not supposed to find out about this engagement in the first place. 

"Just my instinct," Mina shrugs, "Plus, you guys are raising a dog together now. I am sure you two will be raising something else next time."

Is she referring to... a child? I don't want to think about the future but if Sehun and I ever get married and have kids, I truly hope that our kids don't inherit his weird personality. They need to be as lively, outgoing, and cheerful as me, and not behave like a block of ice. Looks wise... I am not that worried because Sehun has superior genes and I am not that bad looking either. I can totally imagine Sehun being the strict father while I am that cool mum who is more like a friend to her kids and I will make sure my children are comfortable to confide their relationship, friendship problems to me. That's gonna be our dynamics. Wait. What the hell, Park Areum? Aren't you thinking too far ahead? 

"You are blushing..." Mina teases, pointing at my cheeks.

Instinctively, I cup my cheeks and I can feel a burning sensation on my face. Get a grip, Park Areum! 

"But why is Chef Kim staying with you guys?"

"Erhh..." I rub my nape, contemplating if I should tell her about my friendship with Jongin or cover with another lie. Since she already knows about my engagement, there is no harm telling her another secret of mine right? It feels to keep lying to my friend.

"Jongin and I are best friends actually. We knew each other since we were young. He is staying here for the time being because he thinks this villa is better than his expensive apartment. And this is his room."

Mina gasps and suddenly, she releases a high-pitched squeal while checking out the room, like a fangirl who just got access to her idol's room.

"Holy , Park Areum! I am so envious of you! You are Chef Oh's fiancee and Chef Kim's best friend! Don't tell me you are related to Chef Byun as well!"

"O-Of course not!" I smile, hoping that it can mask my anxiety. How is Mina so spot on? I am indeed related to Baekhyun. We are friends, but we had with each other. Am I supposed to tell her that? Hell no. It's going to take me three days to explain our complicated relationship so a lie would do for now. It's risky enough that she knows so much about me and I am not even sure if Mina is tight-lipped about my secrets. 

"You will keep my secrets right, Mina? I don't want the others to know about it yet because Sehun and I want to keep it low for now," I ask, trying not to sound uncertain and doubtful in case I hurt Mina's feelings. Despite knowing Mina for only two weeks, something tells me that I can trust her. Plus, she is the closest to me among everyone in the group. Even though she is one of Sehun's fangirls, she seems to be more understanding than Somi and Joowon. God knows what will happen to me if Somi and Joowon aka the diehard fans of Sehun find out about my secret.

"I will, don't worry. I understand why you want to keep it as a secret. Plus, we are friends! How can I betray you?" Mina chirps and flashes an eye smile while holding my hands in hers.

 

I promised Sehun to get the kids out of the house by dinner time but I fail to do so. When Sehun walks down the stairs with Vivi in his arms, his eyes fleet to me and I swear, his death glare is trying to tell me that I am screwed. But I tried my best! What can I do when his mother is having so much fun chatting with them and insists them to stay for dinner? It's just me against the world. Even Jongin is not helping me on that. When the other trainees notice Sehun's presence at the dining room, their butts bounce off their chairs immediately to bow and greet him like they are in army trainings. I don't want to stick out like a sorethumb, so I stand up to greet Sehun as well. Actress Park at work again.

"Good afternoon, Chef Oh."

Sehun walks past and hums a short reply, "Afternoon? It's already 6pm."

Their jaws drop at Sehun's counterattack and they all turn to one another in panic, seeking for help. With Jongin and Baekhyun, the kids are so relaxed and casual but with Sehun, they have to be alert and they have to carry themselves well in case they come off as rude and disrespectful. See, aunty, everyone is afraid of your intimidating son.

"Chill, kids, we are not at work now! Take it easy!" Mrs Oh interrupts and only then, they let their stiff bodies relax a little. While Mrs Oh and my friends pick up where their conversation left before Sehun came down, my eyes follow every movement of Sehun and I thought my is going to fall off my chair, together with my jaw, when I see Sehun helping Jongin in the kitchen. And apparently, Mrs Oh has caught my shocked expression, she then turns around to follow my trail of sight. The kids follow Mrs Oh too, like the baby chicks following the mother hen.

"What are you doing, Sehun?" Mrs Oh ask.

"Helping Jongin with dinner? I am starving. Are you guys not?" 

Sehun's reply got everyone at the table taken aback. The almighty Oh Sehun is preparing for dinner for the peasants? What is happening to the world? Oh Sehun is really getting more and more unpredictable by days. I thought Sehun will come up with something to hint the kids to get the out of his place, but instead, he is now letting them stay for dinner. My head is hurting from trying to figure Sehun out. 

"Wow. What did we do to be bestowed with a dinner prepared by the culinary gods?" Jungwoo says in a relatively low voice, only audible for people at the table.

Exactly. I think we probably saved the entire village in our previous lives.

"I know right! We are so freaking blessed!" Somi squeaks, while trying to contain her excitement

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter